News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has Jonathan Greening Just Signed A New Contract?

Started by White Noise, February 16, 2010, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.scarborougheveningnews.co.uk/sport/Fulham-ace-Jono-Greening-looks.6073545.jp

Fulham ace Jono Greening looks to the future

Published Date: 16 February 2010

By Staff Copy

SCARBOROUGH-born Jono Greening is aiming to stay in football when his career comes to an end.

The midfielder has signed a contract at FA Cup quarter-finalists Fulham that will keep him at Craven Cottage until the age of 33, and he is relishing another shot at the big time of the Premiership after making the move south from West Brom earlier this season.

"I was offered a new five-year contract at West Brom, but I thought that if I didn't go for it now with Fulham then I might not get another chance.

"Things are going really well at Fulham. I haven't played in every game, like I might have done at West Brom, but it is just great being involved at the top level.

"I have played in the away game at Basle in the Europa League and in both legs against Roma, which was another great experience.

"My aim is to prove myself in the remaining few years of my contract.

"If I can keep free of injury then I don't see why I can't carry on for some time yet, a lot of players do now - look at Gary Speed, Teddy Sheringham and my good friend Kevin Phillips."

Jono is already taking the first steps on the path into coaching and added: "I took my level two coaching badge last year and now I'll be looking to bag my level three and four.

"The level four allows you to coach at youth and reserve team level, so that could be an option when I do pack in.

"Coaching is about being in the right place at the right time and if you are given an opportunity, then you need a bit of luck in the early days.

"There is the chance of working in the media, although I'm not sure that many people would be able to understand my Yorkshire accent.

"Who knows, I could finish up coaching a Scarborough team, although it would be difficult if my brother Josh was playing for them.

"He already tells me that I do a lot of things wrong when I'm on the pitch - but it's easy for him to say when he's watching a game at home with a beer in his hand."

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimpav

Could do worse than Greening. I would rather he played for us than West Brom. He's a hard worker and we'll get more goals out of him.

He died for your sins you ungrateful pair!

Tom

Quote from: Jimpav on February 16, 2010, 10:16:32 PM
Could do worse than Greening. I would rather he played for us than West Brom. He's a hard worker and we'll get more goals out of him.

He died for your sins you ungrateful pair!
lol!
Fulham for life!

White Noise

It could be a good sign for Thursday's game but I just found an image of Jonathan Greening in my naan bread -

Jimpav

Greening for a hat trick but if the Haynes statue starts weeping then we could be
looking at a relegation battle.

Lighthouse

From the Musical 'Has he signed a new contract'

Roy ' I've been longing to sign you, longing to sign you, but it shouldn't be like this,this was unexpected, you are much to old,could I buy again please?'

ON HIS ARRIVAL AT THE COTTAGE AND MEETING BZ

'Why waste your breath moaning at the crowd, nothing that you do will stop them moaning, If they stopped, the moans and cries would still continue, the rocks and stones themselve would start to moan.

Chorus - Za mora Za mora Zammo Zammo oh, Zammo hey Zammo WHO? Zamma. Hey JG, JG you are average to me. but at least you'll stay why is Zamora now.

THIS ROCK MUSICAL GOES ON FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND HELPS IF YOU KNOW ANDREW LORD RIDGLEY AND TIM SPICE Musical of the same name.

Highlights - Murphy denies three times that Greening has been offered a contract. Smalling takes 30 million pieces of silver and Zamora walks on water but drowns in the oil he uses to cook the chips on his shoulder.

What the critics are saying -

Arsenel Wangle - I saw no offside
Alec Funguson - Gobbledy mc gook  Gobbledy Ref only gave us 41 minutes injury time. The Mcgobbledy Gook.
Roy Hodgspon- Well I thought we were God value today for our MUSICAL and was pleased we FAILED TO CROSS OVER THE HALF LINE IN THE STAGE AS WE WERE PLAYING TO AN EMPTY AWAY THEATRE.

Greening looks beetter playing wide than in his favourite central position.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Crita

RidgeRider

Mr. Lighthouse, I don't know what your Mum fed you when you were a child but......God bless her!!! ;)

os5889

I seem to remember he was joining us on loan until the end of the tax year and then joining us permanently.

Greening Joins
Monday 24th August 2009

Fulham FC News Powered by

News with LG

Fulham Football Club can today confirm the season-long loan signing of Jonathan Greening from West Bromwich Albion which, it is anticipated, will become a permanent move next summer.

The 30-year-old midfielder joined West Bromwich Albion from Middlesbrough in July 2004. Earlier in his career he spent more than three seasons at Manchester United, when he secured a £1m move to Old Trafford from York City in 1998.

Greening was nominated West Bromwich Albion's player of the season for 2005-06 and the previous season after he helped his side pull off a dramatic escape from relegation from the Premier League, when the 'Baggies' were at the bottom of the table going into their final match.

His outstanding performances didn't go unnoticed as he was given the captain's armband at the beginning of the 2007-08 season under former manager Tony Mowbray after featuring regularly in midfield. He has been a consistent player in the West Bromwich Albion side and has made 224 appearances since joining at the Hawthorns.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2009/August/GreeningSigns.aspx#ixzz0fmFeZRPl

The Equalizer

I for one will be glad to have him sign a permanent contract. He looked a heck of a lot better in the last few games that he played.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

We did this a week or so back.

The stats show that when Jesus plays a League game we are a Champions League contender and when he does not we are relegation certainties.

It's the difference between 30 points a season and 60. Pro rata of course. He does, in effect, turn disaster into triumph.

Thus speaketh the stats and if any naysayers fancy being struck dead by lightning then they can't say they weren't warned.

The Equalizer

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 17, 2010, 08:36:18 AM
We did this a week or so back.

The stats show that when Jesus plays a League game we are a Champions League contender and when he does not we are relegation certainties.

It's the difference between 30 points a season and 60. Pro rata of course. He does, in effect, turn disaster into triumph.

Thus speaketh the stats and if any naysayers fancy being struck dead by lightning then they can't say they weren't warned.

Now all he has to do is work his divine magic on the catering and turn the 5 remaining lamb and mint pies into 5000...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

Turning them into something edible would do for me.

If he's got the time and inclination he could also turn some of the stewards on the gate into plastic bottle tops. That way they could be truly menacing.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 17, 2010, 09:15:05 AM
Turning them into something edible would do for me.

If he's got the time and inclination he could also turn some of the stewards on the gate into plastic bottle tops. That way they could be truly menacing.

Nicely put Mr G.  ;D

WhiteJC

isn't he still on-lone from West Brom until the end of the season?