watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best & Worst Fulham Prem Kits

Started by White Noise, February 17, 2010, 11:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/34304/Best_and_Worst_Fulham_Premier_League_Kits.aspx

Best and Worst: Fulham Premier League Kits

Author:  Jonny Abrams

Posted on:17 February 2010 - 09:43

From Fulham's rise to the top flight under Kevin Keegan through to the brief promise of Jean Tigana, the sporadic successes of Chris Coleman and the admirable reign thus far of Roy Hodgson, Fulham have had some pretty horrible kits - a crime not unique to the Cottagers, admittedly, given the collective loss of plot apparently suffered by kit designers across the country at the beginning of the 1980s. But there have also been some pretty smart numbers amongst the dross.

Using the Premier League era as our source, Sport.co.uk picks the best and worst Fulham kits to have coloured Craven Cottage over this period...

FULHAM'S BEST: 2008-2009 home kit

A smart and sophisticatedly simple design, this is a classic football jersey as re-imagined with modern day football trends. Unnecessary lines and squiggles are kept to a bare minimum, which is a commendable decision given that kit makers seem to justify their employment by adding such nonsense. What's more, Fulham finished 7th and qualified for Europe. Pats on the back all round.

FULHAM'S WORST: 2003-2004 away kit

This looks like the kind of pattern that psychologists hold up on pieces of card in films and ask "what do you see now?". The labial red stripes were obviously more than one person's idea of a nice touch, given that it actually got made, but we're damned if we know why, how or whom. In fact, it looks rather like a huge, gaping......er, failure. Why, what did you think we were going to say?

mrska

Worst was the one with a black arm on a white kit, it looked like it had been sown on as an after thought, it was hideous.  And the Airiness Kit..  Cheap cheap cheap... and French..

I like to Current top.. simple and so FULHAM!

LBNo11

...hate is a strong word, so I will say that the Pipex home and away shirts with that awful 'bib' front were my least liked, my favourite is the white shirt with the black bar with GMB or Demon - I personally like collars to shirts...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Doctor

You can always tell when a journo is padding.  Not only does the article scream slow news day, but when "the kind of pattern that psychologists hold up on pieces of card in films and ask "what do you see now?"" is used instead of "Rorschach test", you know that brevity isn't on the agenda!