News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bobby Zamora is a better striker than Brian McBride ever was...

Started by mattiesafer, February 17, 2010, 04:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattiesafer

Because he can hold up play and control the tempo and flow of the game, bringing his teammates in and making other players around him play better.  Whereas McBride had a poor first touch and couldn't keep possession the same way,or involve his teammates the same way.

OR

McBride is a much better striker than Zamora because he scored so many crucial goals and had a real flair at finishing, and he was a leader on the team during a very critical period in the club's history.  Whereas Zamora is a whiner who is as likely to kick the ball over the crossbar as he is to find the back of the net.

I guess the question I'm wondering is would you rather have McBride from his Fulham prime or Zamora right now (at what presumably is his Fulham prime)?  ;)

epsomraver

LRCN

mcbride easily, but that says more about the ability of mcbride than zamora who's a very good player.

mrska

Id have Mcbride back tomorrow..  what a guy..  such dignity!

LBNo11

...a good question, and if I take away what the heart tells me and go with cold facts - Zamora...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mattiesafer

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 17, 2010, 04:36:15 PM
...a good question, and if I take away what the heart tells me and go with cold facts - Zamora...

Yeah, I mean I love McBride (or McBuns as he was known to the ladies when he played in Columbus), but I've got to say that Zamora feels like the kind of player that can really CREATE a goal, whereas McBride was more the type of player who could seize on an opportunity, were it to be presented, but couldn't really make it happen for himself.

I'm just thinking back to what it felt like watching those Fulham teams of a few years back.  If we were losing it felt like we were pretty much going to lose, whereas with this setup I feel like we have a chance of coming back.  And a lot of that comes own to Zamora, because he dictates so much of what happens up there.

But that said, it's not really just down to him, the overall team is SO much better!

Oakeshott

SuffolkWhite

Tough one this one, If McBride had the same team around him that Zamora does would have more chances?

I guess Zamora, because he is the current striker and McBride has moved on, we cant hanker after the old day's or I would never stop talking about IVOR. 

What if you had a choice of Zamora , McBride or IVOR. That'll put the cat amongst the pigeons ;D
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Lighthouse

Zamora is faster tham McBride and ...um... no hold on....Zamora is...no he isn't... um...Zamora  can .......

McBride is a better finisher, better in the air,can hold up play and bring in others better, cause more problems to defenders and braver.

Zamora just is not in the same class.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Ivor was quicker, a better finisher and had a player in Coney who was vastly over rated. Mcbride and Davies, now that would have been worth watching.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCOutpostCommander

I think it's too early for this comparison. While I disagree regarding Brian's personal ball skills, that aside, Bobby is on one good year. Maybe after three or four we could reflect on which one was better for Fulham overall. Right now I'd have to take McBride as he was one of the most reliable parts in an otherwise unreliable period. I hope in the future we can say that this was the year that Bobby took off!
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

finnster01

Is the Pope catholic?

A half season of decent play does not make a legend. It takes a bit more than that even at Fulham.

You can't even compare the two in my book. And when did McBride ever shsssss the Hammersmith End because he had his knickers in a twist?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Peabody

I have vigorouslyn defended BZ on here in the past, so my choice would be.....Brian McBride.

SuffolkWhite

I'm a bit concerned that McBride wears Knickers or does it help you play football better, coz if it does I'm gonna buy me a pair!!!!
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fernhurst

Blimey... what a title for a thread mattiesafer !! ...I'm mighty glad we have recently appointed extra moderators, they should be circling the ring right now ... this could turn ugly....

IMO, McBride (at his peak) with this manager playing in this team would be sensational.

Fernhurst

:o ohhhhhh :o

I'm in the first team squad ;D

Shuffling along the bench toward the touchline ..... I can almost smell it ;D

mattiesafer

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 17, 2010, 06:54:49 PM
Blimey... what a title for a thread mattiesafer !! ...I'm mighty glad we have recently appointed extra moderators, they should be circling the ring right now ... this could turn ugly....

IMO, McBride (at his peak) with this manager playing in this team would be sensational.

Yeah, I thought it might stir things up a bit.  There's probably a lot more McBride votes to come as the west coast of the U.S. it's only 11 am. 

I still think that I'd go with Zamora based on this season's performances.  I just think he tends to look more comfortable in terms of positional play and ability with the ball.  But you can't deny that McBride is a legend, a much classier player, a leader, etc.

And I agree with you, McBride probably would be sensational with this team and this manager!

SuffolkWhite

I'm a squad player to , just realized. Roy never told me ;D
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RidgeRider

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 17, 2010, 06:54:49 PM

The title is a bit hysterical but when three of the other mods join in, what can one do? :)

clintclintdeuce

McBride for sure....this is asking me if i want life or death
The Dude abides.