watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shot in the foot

Started by Peabody, February 18, 2010, 08:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

This Harrods incident is not good news for us. If anything is desigmed to motivate an opposition side, it is a percieved insult and that is just what this is. What were Harrods playing at, or did they not know who was at their front door?

VicHalomsLovechild

I used to work for them years ago and they turned the singer Sinetta away saying she wasn't properly dressed. The outfit she was wearing was brought from the store on a previous shopping trip!

The Equalizer

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 18, 2010, 08:58:52 AM
I used to work for them years ago and they turned the singer Sinetta away saying she wasn't properly dressed. The outfit she was wearing was brought from the store on a previous shopping trip!

I remember this, and remember it being all over the press. I don't blame Harrods though, Sinitta is married to Simon Cowell. And she was a poo singer.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

I am sorry if Sinitta came to my front door I would turn her away.

A bunch of blokes in track wear come to a shop and most shops would be a little scared. Besides Skattack will need no extra motivation. It is story that has a go at Big Al but it is no different than the corner shop only allowing 3 kids in from the local school in  at a time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

Its just more anti MAF & FFC news from the gutter press!!

>:(

The Doctor

This is quite possibly the biggest non-story ever.  Shakhtar Donetsk actually broke the story themselves (see their English website), but in fairness to them the piece was more of a humourous travelogue-type article about the team's trip round London.  At no point in their article did they connect Harrods to Mo or FFC.

But in my darker moments I can be a cynical sod.  I know for a fact they know who our Chairman is (see Shakhtar's review of us written on 18/12/09), and its likely they know of his business interests as well.  Its not like Mo's shy!  The lack of a Harrods-FFC connection in Shakhtar's piece could well be deliberate - they know that our media will be straight on to that.  End result is us getting stick from our own media and Shakhtar being able to deny any responsibility.  All very neat.

Whether this was the case, we'll never know.  But its certainly a plausible scenario.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to gather evidence to prove that Elvis shot JFK...

White Noise

MAF won't let the press get the better of him. Odds on each of their players and staff has a huge Harrods hamper waiting for them before kick-off.

The Sinitta outfit in question-

Logicalman

I have to say, we have heard bugger-all about this incident this side of the pond ... where's a link, please.

nevvermind, found one in that 'other' place http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8520989.stm

From the Sun report, you gotta give Roy his due ... and a lot of tongue-in-cheek to boot:

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson said: "I'm surprised to hear about this. Normally, the chairman loves people to spend their money with him."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2858096/Get-out-you-scruffs.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football#ixzz0ft23OnFW

White Noise

4 or 5 mentions in the 'Stuff' today from the national press, including some other famous people who have been turned away by Harrods.

The Doctor

Quote from: White Noise on February 18, 2010, 11:38:26 AM
4 or 5 mentions in the 'Stuff' today from the national press, including some other famous people who have been turned away by Harrods.

The Daily Mail never let you down.  I posted this on TIFF yesterday:

"It was probably a straightforward misunderstanding. But it wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow the Mail/Standard/Mirror were reporting as if Mo personally barred them from the store."

...and now I see that Mail headline in the "Stuff".  Its so predictable its depressing.

White Noise

Quote from: The Doctor on February 18, 2010, 11:46:49 AM
Quote from: White Noise on February 18, 2010, 11:38:26 AM

The Daily Mail never let you down.  I posted this on TIFF yesterday:

"It was probably a straightforward misunderstanding. But it wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow the Mail/Standard/Mirror were reporting as if Mo personally barred them from the store."

...and now I see that Mail headline in the "Stuff".  Its so predictable its depressing.

I understand the Home Secretary has been called to the Ukranian Embassy in London to explain this deliberate snub to their national team.  :o

Gun boats on The Thames by kick-off!!

Rupert

I was talking to one of the staff at the ground who works at Harrods sometimes too, and he says he has problems getting into Harrods sometimes even with his pass.
However, he also said that the Shakhtar lot turned up without any notice to anyone, and if they had simply called ahead to say they were visiting, Harrods would have sent transport to pick them up and assigned a VIP assistant to guide them round the store and each would have been given a gift on arrival.

So, yes, a total non story.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rupert on February 19, 2010, 01:15:22 AM
I was talking to one of the staff at the ground who works at Harrods sometimes too, and he says he has problems getting into Harrods sometimes even with his pass.
However, he also said that the Shakhtar lot turned up without any notice to anyone, and if they had simply called ahead to say they were visiting, Harrods would have sent transport to pick them up and assigned a VIP assistant to guide them round the store and each would have been given a gift on arrival.

So, yes, a total non story.
They couldn't stop mentioning it on ITV 4. >:(

Rupert

Good job nobody watches ITV 4, then :D
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.