https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pompey & the Transfer Window: The saga continues

Started by Logicalman, February 18, 2010, 03:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

Portsmouth make plea to Premier League to sell players

Cash-strapped Portsmouth have asked the Premier League for permission to sell players outside the transfer window.

However, BBC sports news correspondent Gordon Farquhar said he believes the transfer window, which ended on 1 February, is a Fifa regulation.

"I don't think it's in the gift of the Premier League to allow Portsmouth to sell players outside of it," he added.

The club confirmed: "We have put in a request to the Premier League to sell players outside the transfer window."

mrska

I think its a fair request...  in exceptional circumstances...  I wish them well..  who shall we have?

finnster01

Can't be allowed according to FIFA rules I believe, although there may be some grey areas they are trying to explore
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

WhiteJC

Quote from: mrska on February 18, 2010, 03:28:40 PM
I think its a fair request...  in exception circumstances...  I wish them well..  who shall we have?

Finnan

The Equalizer

Good shout John. Decent cover for JP... I reckon Boateng too.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

IndyWhites

If we can't keep a hold of Shorey, Belhadj would be good.

Jimpav

O'Hara would be good for extra cover in Europe. He was impressive against us.

LBNo11

...Finnan, and could he start tonight please :)

Mind you if Kelly plays it will be make or break time for his future at the club - I hope he has a blinder..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 18, 2010, 05:02:57 PM
...Finnan, and could he start tonight please :)

Mind you if Kelly plays it will be make or break time for his future at the club - I hope he has a blinder..!
Yeah as us Artistes (p1ss) say, break a leg(kelly). ::)

finnster01

If we could pillage them O'Hara would be an excellent pickup. I totally agree on that. I always thought he was a very underrated player

FatFreddysCat

O'Hara is a spurs player, but Finnan would be great, i'd even go to his first game as a tribute.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 18, 2010, 05:27:02 PM
O'Hara is a spurs player, but Finnan would be great, i'd even go to his first game as a tribute.
Forgot O'Hara was only on loan there Mr Freddy.

Finnan would be an obvious and sentimental choice. Unfortunately I don't think with Shorey on board he would stand a chance of a starting spot, and neither will Konch

HatterDon

While I admire the loyalty you show to a once-great Fulham player, the fact that Finnan can't hold down a starting job for the worst team in the league sort of indicates to me that he wouldn't contribute much to our squad. Boateng and Belhadj are the pick of the litter.

I hope Hriedesson stays at Pompey through the end of the season. I believe this will be the 6th relegated club he's played on. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on February 18, 2010, 06:12:01 PM
While I admire the loyalty you show to a once-great Fulham player, the fact that Finnan can't hold down a starting job for the worst team in the league sort of indicates to me that he wouldn't contribute much to our squad. Boateng and Belhadj are the pick of the litter.

I hope Hriedesson stays at Pompey through the end of the season. I believe this will be the 6th relegated club he's played on. 
As far as i know he starts every game he has been fit for, and not that i keep track of him he's been playing quite a bit lately (please correct me if i'm wrong as  i have no actual facts to back me up). I know when he went there he was injured at the start of the season and didn't play much, but he'd do a job for us for 3 months no worries.  And sorry Finny i'm not digging you out but Shorey/ Konch LB, Finnan RB. ::) :-* DUH. And apart from that it'd give the fans a right boost and that reflects back on the pitch.

LRCN

finnan is past it, injuries have taken their toll. if only he was younger...

no one at portsmouth is good enough for us, apart from ohara but like you said he's a spuds player.

finnster01

Agree on the RB slot Mr Fred, which is owned by Pants,  but last time I watched Pompey Finnan actually played LB. You need to watch more games mate

Mr Fulham

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/news/36276/pompey-ask-to-sell-stars-now.html

Crisis club Portsmouth have confirmed they have asked the Premier League if they can sell players outside the transfer window.

However, the move will depend on their request being sanctioned by the Football Association and FIFA as well as the Premier League. Pompey want to sell some of their players in a bid to pay their bills and have asked the Premier League for permission to do so.

A spokesman for the south coast club told Press Association Sport: "I can confirm we have put in a request to the Premier League to sell players outside the transfer window. It is something we are exploring."

____

Mr Woy, I'd try to sign some players from Pompey. Could be cheap, could be bargain buys, could be big hits here.

What about the likes of Wilson, O'Hara and Dindane? Or Steve Finnan?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on February 18, 2010, 07:13:16 PM
Agree on the RB slot Mr Fred, which is owned by Pants,  but last time I watched Pompey Finnan actually played LB. You need to watch more games mate
I used to watch every game on the box Finny, well maybe not Bolton v middlesbrough etc, but i'm sure mant would say the same about Fulham v Wigan, Burnley etc. But then again i used to go to every Fulham home game for years on the trot, and about a third of the aways. Now apart from Fulham i watch the Darkside if it's a game i think they have a chance of losing, but if they take the lead i turn it off. Apart from that i'll very occaisionally watch the arse or Manure as i must admit their football is Brazil like stuff and great to watch. So i cant say i know what's going on at Pompey, But Finnan is the best rb i've seen at Fulham, much better than Pants, but Pants is more of a character.

finnster01

Hard to argue with that Mr Fred, but Pants is quite a character none the less.
Sad to hear you are watching chelsea though.