watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Iwobi

Started by Willham, August 31, 2023, 11:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

Most over rated player I've ever seen Grace the premier league, loses the ball more often than anything else, seems to wear blinkers when on a football pitch, yes his close control and dribbling seems decent but he runs blindly, dribbling towards his own goal or towards to corner flag meaning even when successful he's left in no man's land without a way out.

The absolute most stupid interest I've heard, I am absolutely praying were not about to waste a lot of money on this guy. I have a lot of everton family and I've been rinsing them for 2 years that they best hope is two of the worst players ever. Iwobi and grey, two players we're interested in 😫.

Iwobi miss hits the ball more than anyone I've ever seen, can never strike a ball cleanly. I've never been more into the idea of not getting a player, I'd rather absolutely anyone else!

Deeping_white

I mean when he's played centrally he's actually quite good, and the last two occasions we've played Everton he's caused us no end of problems. Fat Frank might be a useless manager but the one thing he did well was to play him centrally and for a while he looked like a very good player at Everton. If we rotate him with Pereira and allow him to be a physical ball carrying presence in the middle of the pitch then he will make us a better team

Bassey the warrior

He's a good player and looked great against us, but for me we should prioritise someone that scores more goals.

FFC1987

Yeh, I don;t agree with this assessment of Iwobi really. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to give the guy a chance and think he's not warranted his transfer fee to Everton but he clearly adds some steel and athleticism to that Everton side. Couple of friends messaged me last night after the skysports links and said he's actually been one of their outstanding performers in such a weak side.

Free Elvis Hammond

Last season a friend of mine described Everton of having a squad full of 'low ceiling players'. I think that's a great term for players like Iwobi and Gray, as well as a few others we've been linked to, like Dier and Fred

They'll have good spells and bad spells, but they'll never hit that level you want to take a side to the next level, compared to the real quality we brought in last summer in Leno, Palhinha and Willian

Nero

I cant understand paying 15+M for a player that's free next year

Stevieboy

He ran us ragged a few seasons ago at The Cottage!

bencher

I think of Iwobi as like a lesser Anguissa. He doesn't have a lot of end product but he's a handful in the middle of the pitch, can win tackles and run with the ball up the pitch. He then needs to find a pass because his shooting is not up to much. He's a player I'd rather have on my bench or in my team than play against.

H4usuallysitting

He'll be a good buy, but don't think he'll score 15+ goals in a prem season

itombomb

Quote from: bencher on August 31, 2023, 12:26:32 PMI think of Iwobi as like a lesser Anguissa. He doesn't have a lot of end product but he's a handful in the middle of the pitch, can win tackles and run with the ball up the pitch. He then needs to find a pass because his shooting is not up to much. He's a player I'd rather have on my bench or in my team than play against.
This is spot on. His strength and ability to beat the press and progress the ball up the pitch in central areas is an incredibly useful skill we don't have much of in the squad at present. He doesn't score as many goals as he should, but he got 8 assists for Everton last year (and the stats have him creating a load of other good chances his teammates couldn't finish). I'd have him starting over Reed for sure, and he'll provide better competition for Pereira than Cairney.

I'd gladly pay £15m for him in today's market. But for me he's not a replacement for a CHO/Ocampos style signing, which we would also make ideally.

bencher

Quote from: itombomb on August 31, 2023, 12:35:34 PM
Quote from: bencher on August 31, 2023, 12:26:32 PMI think of Iwobi as like a lesser Anguissa. He doesn't have a lot of end product but he's a handful in the middle of the pitch, can win tackles and run with the ball up the pitch. He then needs to find a pass because his shooting is not up to much. He's a player I'd rather have on my bench or in my team than play against.
This is spot on. His strength and ability to beat the press and progress the ball up the pitch in central areas is an incredibly useful skill we don't have much of in the squad at present. He doesn't score as many goals as he should, but he got 8 assists for Everton last year (and the stats have him creating a load of other good chances his teammates couldn't finish). I'd have him starting over Reed for sure, and he'll provide better competition for Pereira than Cairney.

I'd gladly pay £15m for him in today's market. But for me he's not a replacement for a CHO/Ocampos style signing, which we would also make ideally.

I would also look at him as competing for the Reed/Lukic spot, and able to play in AP's spot.

Surlyc

Quote from: Nero on August 31, 2023, 11:51:31 AMI cant understand paying 15+M for a player that's free next year
Is this an argument against us signing Iwobi or against the price we are asking for Tosin?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 31, 2023, 11:49:07 AMYeh, I don;t agree with this assessment of Iwobi really. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to give the guy a chance and think he's not warranted his transfer fee to Everton but he clearly adds some steel and athleticism to that Everton side. Couple of friends messaged me last night after the skysports links and said he's actually been one of their outstanding performers in such a weak side.

That's critical. He may not be a star player himself, but surround him with quality or at least higher caliber team dynamics, and it won't all fall on him to do, and he can thrive I feel
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: itombomb on August 31, 2023, 12:35:34 PM

Assists are vital to the goals that they support - if he gets 10 assists that means, obviously, we score 10 goals directly from his contributions. So long as we have the blokes to put the ball in the net, assists are good!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FFC1987

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 31, 2023, 01:44:13 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 31, 2023, 11:49:07 AMYeh, I don;t agree with this assessment of Iwobi really. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to give the guy a chance and think he's not warranted his transfer fee to Everton but he clearly adds some steel and athleticism to that Everton side. Couple of friends messaged me last night after the skysports links and said he's actually been one of their outstanding performers in such a weak side.

That's critical. He may not be a star player himself, but surround him with quality or at least higher caliber team dynamics, and it won't all fall on him to do, and he can thrive I feel

Definitely. Mate added that he thinks with the right coachign and playstyle they couldn've got more out of him. I think he's suited Dyche in that hes physical and works hard but with some quality around him, I feel tehre's mroe to coem from him.

Everton

Quote from: Willham on August 31, 2023, 11:26:22 AMMost over rated player I've ever seen Grace the premier league, loses the ball more often than anything else, seems to wear blinkers when on a football pitch, yes his close control and dribbling seems decent but he runs blindly, dribbling towards his own goal or towards to corner flag meaning even when successful he's left in no man's land without a way out.

The absolute most stupid interest I've heard, I am absolutely praying were not about to waste a lot of money on this guy. I have a lot of everton family and I've been rinsing them for 2 years that they best hope is two of the worst players ever. Iwobi and grey, two players we're interested in 😫.

Iwobi miss hits the ball more than anyone I've ever seen, can never strike a ball cleanly. I've never been more into the idea of not getting a player, I'd rather absolutely anyone else!

Was interested in seeing what Fulham fans thought of the Iwobi link so visited this forum.

Made an account just to tell you how wrong you are.

FFC1987

Quote from: Everton on August 31, 2023, 01:50:37 PM
Quote from: Willham on August 31, 2023, 11:26:22 AMMost over rated player I've ever seen Grace the premier league, loses the ball more often than anything else, seems to wear blinkers when on a football pitch, yes his close control and dribbling seems decent but he runs blindly, dribbling towards his own goal or towards to corner flag meaning even when successful he's left in no man's land without a way out.

Was interested in seeing what Fulham fans thought of the Iwobi link so visited this forum.

Let me assure you this is a minority opinion!

KJS

So you never saw Byran Ruiz then 🤔

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Everton on August 31, 2023, 01:50:37 PM

In your opinion what are his main attributes.Welcome to our board.

ffcthereligion

I think hes a complete donkey and dont want him. Really hope to be proved wrong if he is signed.