Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: FFCAli on May 16, 2026, 02:35:29 PM

Title: Have I missed a change
Post by: FFCAli on May 16, 2026, 02:35:29 PM
in the offside rule(s)?  The player who provided the assist for Celtic's winner was clearly offside when the ball was played to him.  He passed to a player who was not offside and although the linesman raised his flag the goal was given and Celtic awarded the title.
Title: Re: Have I missed a change
Post by: junior white on May 16, 2026, 03:13:00 PM
Osmond wasn't offside when the ball was played. The goal scorer was but when osmond played the ball to him the scorer was onside
Title: Re: Have I missed a change
Post by: AJW48361 on May 16, 2026, 04:40:53 PM
Quote from: junior white on May 16, 2026, 03:13:00 PMOsmond wasn't offside when the ball was played. The goal scorer was but when osmond played the ball to him the scorer was onside
should never had stood feel sorry for Hearts they must be broken
Title: Re: Have I missed a change
Post by: F(f)CUK on May 17, 2026, 09:17:39 AM
I love football supporters and their complete blinkedness. Just listened to a Hearts supporter on the radio claiming that the goal was offside. Also had a chat with a WHU supporting brother in law who could not accept that their goal was rightly disallowed.
Title: Re: Have I missed a change
Post by: hongkongfulham on May 17, 2026, 09:45:47 AM
Was onside as already stated junior. I really dislike hoops fans but cannae take that goal from them
Title: Re: Have I missed a change
Post by: Woolly Mammoth on May 17, 2026, 11:05:45 AM
Football is a racket and the establishment are as bent as a banana.
Title: Re: Have I missed a change
Post by: EN1 FFC on May 17, 2026, 11:07:36 AM
Quote from: FFCAli on May 16, 2026, 02:35:29 PMin the offside rule(s)?  The player who provided the assist for Celtic's winner was clearly offside when the ball was played to him.  He passed to a player who was not offside and although the linesman raised his flag the goal was given and Celtic awarded the title.
Not sure where your evidence comes from unless it is all the click bait (still) photo on social media, but Callum Osmand was not offside when he received the ball, then crossed it for Maeda to score who was also not in an offside position when he scored. You need to look at the rules again under 2nd phase.

By the way Callum Osmand was the Fulham youth U21 player who went to Celtic after scoring 18 goals for us in U21, stolen by Brendan Rogers on a free transfer to Celtic, just like Rogers had done with Dembele MK2, Osmand scored the 3rd goal in this Hearts game.
Title: Re: Have I missed a change
Post by: FFCAli on May 17, 2026, 01:28:29 PM
But it's not when he received the ball that matters, it's when it was kicked to him, and what I saw was that he was offside then.  Maybe I wasn't looking straight!