Is their any chance they can run Ffc like their other profitable business where we have surplus profits to reinvest your profit margin buy double sell for half.I thought I told you to buy 1 sell for the price double then buy 2 I just can't see the problem. I'll tell you what come and watch us and you MIGHT understand.
Whatever they do
You will moan from your computer regardless, cosplaying about how much better you'd do it.
While they continue to actually run multiple 8-9 figure businesses.
Not all businesses are the same format or rules. You wanted out with old, in with new...that's what they're doing.
Quote from: MickTheBeard on July 20, 2026, 11:27:50 AMIs their any chance they can run Ffc like their other profitable business where we have surplus profits to reinvest your profit margin buy double sell for half.I thought I told you to buy 1 sell for the price double then buy 2 I just can't see the problem. I'll tell you what come and watch us and you MIGHT understand.
I know this is hard to believe but you actually speak more crap than Keir Starmer
The owner spent hundreds of millions to upgrade the Riverside stand, which Mo didn't do, and yet we keep having whingers saying the owner is stingy. I'm sure he would love to spend many more millions on players to take Fulham to CL places but we are financially hamstrung.
An uninformed and ignorant post.
All very good points. I suggest emailing the club
wow... you should write a book about this and send a copy to Mr Kahn as he is only in the top 200 richest people in the world but not in the top 100. I guess luck only gets you so far (14.3 billion USD worth of luck)....
Some posts are not worth replying to.
How many football clubs actually make a profit? Who knows where we would be without SK pumping £millions into the club which he will never get back.
All those pouring cold water on the OP, are you actually disputing that our strategy of buying 26-30 year old established PL players at peak value and high wages, has been substantially less profitable than the approach of almost all the other mid-table 'challenger' clubs which has been to scout younger, emerging players from far abroad or the lower leagues?
I'd also dispute the assertion that the Khans have always put in the maximum permissible under FFP but I admit that's a bit more speculative.
Quote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 08:42:26 AMAll those pouring cold water on the OP, are you actually disputing that our strategy of buying 26-30 year old established PL players at peak value and high wages, has been substantially less profitable than the approach of almost all the other mid-table 'challenger' clubs which has been to scout younger, emerging players from far abroad or the lower leagues?
I'd also dispute the assertion that the Khans have always put in the maximum permissible under FFP but I admit that's a bit more speculative.
But surely that's driven by Silva as much as anything, he was seemingly allergic to signing players in their early 20's and always wanted peak age PL experience, and now we have a coach who is far more willing to trust youth instead and so the transfer strategy will likely shift to signing early 20's players like our rivals do
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 21, 2026, 10:18:18 AMQuote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 08:42:26 AMAll those pouring cold water on the OP, are you actually disputing that our strategy of buying 26-30 year old established PL players at peak value and high wages, has been substantially less profitable than the approach of almost all the other mid-table 'challenger' clubs which has been to scout younger, emerging players from far abroad or the lower leagues?
I'd also dispute the assertion that the Khans have always put in the maximum permissible under FFP but I admit that's a bit more speculative.
But surely that's driven by Silva as much as anything, he was seemingly allergic to signing players in their early 20's and always wanted peak age PL experience, and now we have a coach who is far more willing to trust youth instead and so the transfer strategy will likely shift to signing early 20's players like our rivals do
Agreed, and pretty sure before January Peter Rutzler ( 90% sure it was him ) confirmed exactly that. Silva and the board had many run ins in regards to him not wanting any youth or players with sell on value.
Quote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 08:42:26 AMAll those pouring cold water on the OP, are you actually disputing that our strategy of buying 26-30 year old established PL players at peak value and high wages, has been substantially less profitable than the approach of almost all the other mid-table 'challenger' clubs which has been to scout younger, emerging players from far abroad or the lower leagues?
I'd also dispute the assertion that the Khans have always put in the maximum permissible under FFP but I admit that's a bit more speculative.
Depends how one chooses to frame it.
Ultimately, it's mostly worked for what was intended 🤷🏻 And point is the active move towards lowering squad age has already been underway for 2 years (according to previous manager) so as always Mickey is just having yet another weekly rant of negativity on something that's already long in process of being addressed by the people he's moaning about, acting like they haven't already clearly begin actioning this. In fact this very transfer he's moaning about is literally to facilitate buying a younger player with upside - so that's why it's been met with the deserved response, unilaterally.
If you believe the club never intended to address the age of the squad and move towards bringing in younger players eventually. That this is an out-of-blue reactionary pivot. I can see why you might think like this.
If you accept as true what the club and previous manager has insinuated in interviews, that they wanted, this time when getting promoted, to start by focusing on establishing themselves with an experienced core to stay up... and
then transition towards a more sustainable turnover of younger players added into that established core...then you might see it differently. You've said before you don't believe this, so it is what it is.
We are back as an established premier league club in the conversation for european places and are now bringing in younger players. That a couple of other clubs took the risk and went younger earlier is another point - and good for them...fair play to them, good job. There are also plenty examples though of that not working out historically so I can see why club went the route they did. And to compare to only other mid-table challengers that finished above us is a bit disingenuous. We've also outperformed many big hitters with way bigger financial might, who were in relegation battles for much of the season. But which frame one chooses to view that from, appears to be largely dictated by ones general outlook when it comes to fulham/the khans
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 21, 2026, 10:18:18 AMQuote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 08:42:26 AMAll those pouring cold water on the OP, are you actually disputing that our strategy of buying 26-30 year old established PL players at peak value and high wages, has been substantially less profitable than the approach of almost all the other mid-table 'challenger' clubs which has been to scout younger, emerging players from far abroad or the lower leagues?
I'd also dispute the assertion that the Khans have always put in the maximum permissible under FFP but I admit that's a bit more speculative.
But surely that's driven by Silva as much as anything, he was seemingly allergic to signing players in their early 20's and always wanted peak age PL experience, and now we have a coach who is far more willing to trust youth instead and so the transfer strategy will likely shift to signing early 20's players like our rivals do
I could agree with that regarding Silva, but that's where a DOF would ordinarily step in and ensure transfers fit some long-term club strategy, so it implies our DOF is either passive or just useless. One way or another, it's a legitimate criticism for which TK/SK/AM (mostly the former) are ultimately answerable.
Quote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 12:48:53 PMQuote from: Deeping_white on July 21, 2026, 10:18:18 AMQuote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 08:42:26 AMAll those pouring cold water on the OP, are you actually disputing that our strategy of buying 26-30 year old established PL players at peak value and high wages, has been substantially less profitable than the approach of almost all the other mid-table 'challenger' clubs which has been to scout younger, emerging players from far abroad or the lower leagues?
I'd also dispute the assertion that the Khans have always put in the maximum permissible under FFP but I admit that's a bit more speculative.
But surely that's driven by Silva as much as anything, he was seemingly allergic to signing players in their early 20's and always wanted peak age PL experience, and now we have a coach who is far more willing to trust youth instead and so the transfer strategy will likely shift to signing early 20's players like our rivals do
I could agree with that regarding Silva, but that's where a DOF would ordinarily step in and ensure transfers fit some long-term club strategy, so it implies our DOF is either passive or just useless. One way or another, it's a legitimate criticism for which TK/SK/AM (mostly the former) are ultimately answerable.
That's a weird take. While I'm not the biggest fan of TK, I don't think we can sign a player into the first team without the blessings of the manager because if we sign someone who the manager is not going to use then what's the point? (See JKA last season.)
Quote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 12:48:53 PMQuote from: Deeping_white on July 21, 2026, 10:18:18 AMQuote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 08:42:26 AMAll those pouring cold water on the OP, are you actually disputing that our strategy of buying 26-30 year old established PL players at peak value and high wages, has been substantially less profitable than the approach of almost all the other mid-table 'challenger' clubs which has been to scout younger, emerging players from far abroad or the lower leagues?
I'd also dispute the assertion that the Khans have always put in the maximum permissible under FFP but I admit that's a bit more speculative.
But surely that's driven by Silva as much as anything, he was seemingly allergic to signing players in their early 20's and always wanted peak age PL experience, and now we have a coach who is far more willing to trust youth instead and so the transfer strategy will likely shift to signing early 20's players like our rivals do
I could agree with that regarding Silva, but that's where a DOF would ordinarily step in and ensure transfers fit some long-term club strategy, so it implies our DOF is either passive or just useless. One way or another, it's a legitimate criticism for which TK/SK/AM (mostly the former) are ultimately answerable.
I don't disagree on the DoF front and I think we might've had a similar discussion on this topic a while ago that we need someone agnostic of any coach setting that long term strategy and any incoming coach has to accept that it's a strategy they have to work with (and tbh I think any coach coming into a mid-sized PL club now gets that in this climate they're essentially putting players and themselves in the shop window for a conveyor belt of revenue generation). It was why I was really nervous about the news that Silva was going to allegedly get the keys to the castle with regards to recruitment before he chose to leave because that would've probably financially hamstrung the club no end if he'd continued the trend of signing high wage peak age players.
The substance of the point is again, absolutely right. What has largely followed in terms of abuse and belittling the OP after is due to a personal dislike of his style and the fact he repeatedly expresses similar views
Quote from: ffcthereligion on July 21, 2026, 01:25:18 PMThe substance of the point is again, absolutely right. What has largely followed in terms of abuse and belittling the OP after is due to a personal dislike of his style and the fact he repeatedly expresses similar views
The repetition and sloppy one note delivery of course factors. But it's also because many can see clearly the people he's moaning at , phrased arrogantly as if they aren't aware and need his help, have already been steadily addressing the process of buying younger prospects with hopeful resale value for the last 2 years now. As stated directly by our last manager. They chose a path to re-establish us in the prem, it worked - now they've been moving towards lowering squad age and taking more gambles on youth. Again - they are literally selling Diop to put the funds towards a younger up-and-coming player - and he's still moaning about it.
So reading the same draining, monotonous, negative, insulting slop, is getting the pushback it frankly warrants. As for "abusing and belittling" ...get out what you put in. All this guy does is abuse and belittle the people who run the club all day every day, therefore, after years of reading it - he's met with the exact same energy.
Quote from: jayffc on July 21, 2026, 01:34:11 PMmany can see clearly the people he's moaning at , phrased arrogantly as if they aren't aware and need his help, have already been steadily addressing the process of buying younger prospects with hopeful resale value for the last 2 years now. As stated directly by our last manager. They chose a path to re-establish us in the prem, it worked - now they've been moving towards lowering squad age and taking more gambles on youth.
But it's purely your personal choice to be satisfied by that explanation. As it stands we've only made small steps towards bringing down the average age and still have an exceptionally old squad, laden with players we can't sell for much but will have to pay a lot to replace. I don't dispute the club have changed their approach now, which is great, but it'll be 3-4 years before we're actually unshackled from the old strategy. I don't think you can say it's unreasonable for people to moan in the meantime about mistakes we (in their opinion) made.
Quote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 07:20:59 PMQuote from: jayffc on July 21, 2026, 01:34:11 PMmany can see clearly the people he's moaning at , phrased arrogantly as if they aren't aware and need his help, have already been steadily addressing the process of buying younger prospects with hopeful resale value for the last 2 years now. As stated directly by our last manager. They chose a path to re-establish us in the prem, it worked - now they've been moving towards lowering squad age and taking more gambles on youth.
But it's purely your personal choice to be satisfied by that explanation. As it stands we've only made small steps towards bringing down the average age and still have an exceptionally old squad, laden with players we can't sell for much but will have to pay a lot to replace. I don't dispute the club have changed their approach now, which is great, but it'll be 3-4 years before we're actually unshackled from the old strategy. I don't think you can say it's unreasonable for people to moan in the meantime about mistakes we (in their opinion) made.
As it is for you to dismiss it.
I'm saying it's unreasonable to act like they haven't already begun addressing this, which the OP did and continues to all week every week.
And I'm saying I personally think its unreasonable to call people useless or passive when from my point of view they've gone for a strategy that's mostly worked and has come 1 result from getting us into Europe. That you think differently is of course fine.
It was always going to be a steady process so I see no benefit to moaning about something that's clearly in process for a while now, but especially in the manner the op has. If we rush it ya gutting the entire core in one go which is counter to the whole idea of steadily mixing youth with experience anyway.
There's no reports were struggling financially and can't make significant moves, and we've never broken financial rules where many others have, so it's not like we're so financially hamstrung or in a terrible place , but we are now addressing , rightly imo, the approach. And doing so as an established prem team capable of attracting good players.
Raul out - young striker in
29year old CB out - 23 year old in
RB linked: 23 replacing RB turning 30
All Madrid players are early 20s.
We've signed an academy-centric manager with a great crop of academy players getting contracts
First team age appears set to look very different by end of this window by all reports and I'm sure will continue over time.
So...all that said... what does it serve starting threads like this all the time🤷 different strokes I guess but I'll never understand what people get out of it.
Quote from: jayffc on July 21, 2026, 09:07:25 PMI'm saying it's unreasonable to act like they haven't already begun addressing this
I don't think Mick is necessarily "acting like they haven't already begun addressing this." That's based on your personal belief that once the club has started to address a problem, all criticism has to stop. Not everyone would agree with that - as an example, I'm quite sure people looking at the rubble from the Blitz continued to bemoan it for years after, even after the war had ended and the rebuilding had begun.
EDIT: Re-reading the OP I guess this particular post from Mick reads like they haven't learned their lesson - so fair enough and apologies. Nonetheless what I'm defending is his (and others') general right to continue to criticise these things ("starting threads like this all the time" as you put it).
Quote from: KJS on July 20, 2026, 01:17:22 PMQuote from: MickTheBeard on July 20, 2026, 11:27:50 AMIs their any chance they can run Ffc like their other profitable business where we have surplus profits to reinvest your profit margin buy double sell for half.I thought I told you to buy 1 sell for the price double then buy 2 I just can't see the problem. I'll tell you what come and watch us and you MIGHT understand.
I know this is hard to believe but you actually speak more crap than Keir Starmer
I got a week ban for political posts, how come this one is permitted to stand?
Quote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 10:27:55 PMQuote from: jayffc on July 21, 2026, 09:07:25 PMI'm saying it's unreasonable to act like they haven't already begun addressing this
I don't think Mick is necessarily "acting like they haven't already begun addressing this." That's an assumption based on your personal belief that once the club has started to address a problem, all criticism has to stop. Not everyone would agree with that. As an example, I'm quite sure people looking at the rubble from the Blitz continued to bemoan it for years after, even after the war had ended and the rebuilding had begun.
EDIT: Re-reading the OP I guess this particularly post from Mick reads like they haven't learned their lesson - fair enough. I guess what I'm defending is his (and others') general right to moan about these things as has come up on other threads.
"I tell you what come and watch us and you might understand"
Literally suggests they don't understand the concept of buying players with a view to them being profitable which they 1.have done before and 2. Have clearly been trying to do more of in investing in (hopefully) quality young players.
Edit - just seen you have re read. Hopefully this explains the responses and subsequent ratios on the posts. And no worries - but this sort of post is a very regular thing and it's this tone that creates the environment where people become tired of hearing it and are vocal about it
If you think it a worthwhile venture fighting for the right to continuously moan every week about the same thing when it's something the club is already a couple years into the steady and public process of addressing, then that is of course ones perogative and ya entitled to it. But people are in return entitled to respong that they're tired of reading it and the way it's so often phrased by a handful on here(even more so in this case of op). And that maybe it's all a bit of a waste of time that does nothing but drag people down, given it's not really necessary at this point. What does this serve when the person they're moaning at already agrees this is the right approach for the next stage?
The original plan got us Premier League security, so is it really that worth moaning this regularly about anyway? Comparing Fulham securing Premier League status and finishing 2 points off Europe + setting club points records - to the blitz?... as though the situations are a useful comparable in terms of warranting moaning? Again all just seems a bit wayward and negatively framed to me. Such a false equivalence simply drags us into unrelated muddying of the discussion imo.
Whatever is said though, some people will continue to moan and some people will also get bored of hearing it and moan about the moaning. Tis the internet 😅 happy to move on.
Quote from: jayffc on July 21, 2026, 11:01:33 PMEdit - just seen you have re read. Hopefully this explains the responses and subsequent ratios on the posts.
Show some grace Jay. I actually apologised in my edited post. There was still a discussion to be had but i guess it's gone over your head. Writing several hundred words of waffling irrelevance in every post isn't ratioing anyone.
Quote from: Angus Telford on July 21, 2026, 11:20:37 PMQuote from: jayffc on July 21, 2026, 11:01:33 PMEdit - just seen you have re read. Hopefully this explains the responses and subsequent ratios on the posts.
Show some grace Jay. I actually apologised in my edited post. There was still a discussion to be had but i guess it's gone over your head. Writing several hundred words of waffling irrelevance in every post isn't ratioing anyone.
Already said "and no worries" in response to your apology , and tried to end it with a light hearted end about moaners moaning about the moaners, only to come back to this🤷 seems the tones actually gone over yours.
The edit comment regarding Ratio was actually about the threads response to OP, meaning hopefully ya could appreciate why the reaction was as it was , having re read his post. But somehow it seems you've taken this personally about you and I and so have dived back into personal bickering again unnecessarily
All "waffle" , as ever ,actually on topic and addressing direct points by the way. Unlike the usual random deviations and unrelated comparisons that so often derail things, like the blitz this time. But go off again about the same post length comments you've said a thousand times and drag it into more unnecessary insults about me and not the point itself 🙄 👌 sorry to anyone reading this stuff again ... had thought it'd been left reasonably enough but seemingly not. Will leave it there.
WUM of the top order and I'm giving him oxygen.