Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: FFC007 on September 14, 2026, 08:57:45 PM

Title: Lecomte extended contract
Post by: FFC007 on September 14, 2026, 08:57:45 PM
One year extension for Lecomte until 2028...
Title: Re: Lecomte extended contract
Post by: Southcoastffc on September 15, 2026, 03:22:22 PM
Given that (as I imagine most would agree) Leno's best days appear to be behind him and we should be looking for a new number 1 keeper for next season, I wonder if George Wickens would be a good option?  He came through our academy, and has done really well at Lincoln who are now in the Championship.  Only 2 Champ teams have conceded fewer than Lincoln so far this year. He's 6'5", always looked good in our Academy games, last year won the EFL League One Golden Glove and in that league's team of the season.
Title: Re: Lecomte extended contract
Post by: bill taylors apprentice on September 15, 2026, 05:10:09 PM
W
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 15, 2026, 03:22:22 PMGiven that (as I imagine most would agree) Leno's best days appear to be behind him and we should be looking for a new number 1 keeper for next season, I wonder if George Wickens would be a good option?  He came through our academy, and has done really well at Lincoln who are now in the Championship.  Only 2 Champ teams have conceded fewer than Lincoln so far this year. He's 6'5", always looked good in our Academy games, last year won the EFL League One Golden Glove and in that league's team of the season.

Wickens turned down a contract at FFC to find first team football and he accepted less money to play at Lincoln.
He's highly rated at Lincoln (I live in Lincoln) and unlikely to come back and sit on the bench
Title: Re: Lecomte extended contract
Post by: Southcoastffc on September 15, 2026, 08:49:06 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 15, 2026, 05:10:09 PMW
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 15, 2026, 03:22:22 PMGiven that (as I imagine most would agree) Leno's best days appear to be behind him and we should be looking for a new number 1 keeper for next season, I wonder if George Wickens would be a good option?  He came through our academy, and has done really well at Lincoln who are now in the Championship.  Only 2 Champ teams have conceded fewer than Lincoln so far this year. He's 6'5", always looked good in our Academy games, last year won the EFL League One Golden Glove and in that league's team of the season.

Wickens turned down a contract at FFC to find first team football and he accepted less money to play at Lincoln.
He's highly rated at Lincoln (I live in Lincoln) and unlikely to come back and sit on the bench
Understood.  But I'm looking a bit ahead and thinking of him being our number one.