Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Hatch007 on September 23, 2026, 01:57:43 AM

Title: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: Hatch007 on September 23, 2026, 01:57:43 AM
https://sportwitness.co.uk/dont-know-if-i-can-continue-like-this-marco-silva-dramatic-strop-suggests-fulham-was-different-culture/
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: KentFulham on September 23, 2026, 06:54:37 AM
He is still whinging then
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: ffcthereligion on September 23, 2026, 07:46:57 AM
The hostility towards a man who gave us so much is genuinely quite disturbing to me.

It is clear from your takes that you haven't even watched what he's 'whingeing' about. The sending off was an absolute disgrace, one of the worst decisions you will ever see
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: Hugh Janus on September 23, 2026, 07:50:22 AM
I have immense respect for Marco and always will. But I think he made a hasty decision he may well regret. I'm fully team Alvaro now.
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: Bassey the warrior on September 23, 2026, 08:07:00 AM
I love Marco but I've already moved on. I certainly harbour no ill will. His record with us speaks for itself.
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: General on September 23, 2026, 10:27:11 AM

Marco recently beat AC Milan and has Benfica fans very happy with the style of football they're playing, they currently sit 2nd in the table and bar a thumping by Porto (who're first in the league) recently they've demolished most teams they've played. Now that could be based on the portugal league being not very strong depth wise, but you can only beat what's in front of you and Benfica hadn't been doing better before he arrived. He's also been reunited with Joao Palinha, which is a bittersweet thing to see. Ultimately, he's doing pretty well since he joined them - his whinge is purely based on the quality of refereeing in Portugal, which as far as most of us know could be a completely legitimate gripe. He's always seemingly been an honest/fair person from my perspective.
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: Hatch007 on September 23, 2026, 10:36:42 AM
In hindsight I can see how it may appear otherwise as I only posted the link but I am hugely respectful of Marco for what he achieved here.

The Championship-winning campaign was the most consistently entertaining season IMO since Tigana for quality of football and obliteration of many an opposition.

Then to achieve PL stability for four seasons on a comparatively small budget was no mean feat.

I do think he'd run his course and taken us as far as he could be the end of his tenure but that shouldn't diminish his considerable achievements whilst at the FFC helm.

I wish him well but find myself reinvigorated by the potential of AA's strategy after a couple of anti-climactic seasons.
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: FFC007 on September 23, 2026, 06:49:33 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/40463317/marco-silva-benfica-quit-fulham/
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: Twig on September 23, 2026, 07:02:19 PM
Huge respect for Marco Silva, he took over from that muppet in a cardigan and turned us into a Prem club.
Personally I hold no ill will for the way he left us, saw out a contract and decided not to renew, no big deal.
Had he signed a new contract he would certainty have had to refresh the squad AND change his increasingly conservative tactics though.
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: FFC007 on September 23, 2026, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 23, 2026, 07:02:19 PMHuge respect for Marco Silva, he took over from that muppet in a cardigan and turned us into a Prem club.
Personally I hold no ill will for the way he left us, saw out a contract and decided not to renew, no big deal.
Had he signed a new contract he would certainty have had to refresh the squad AND change his increasingly conservative tactics though.


Parker is still unemployed....
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: legana on September 23, 2026, 07:52:42 PM
I wish Marco all the best at Benfica. My main concern would be Spurs coming in for him if (or when) De Zerbi is given his marching orders.
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: hovewhite on September 24, 2026, 05:11:35 AM
Huge respect and thanks to Marco for what he achieved here.
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: gerrys on September 24, 2026, 10:45:02 AM
Quote from: legana on September 23, 2026, 07:52:42 PMI wish Marco all the best at Benfica. My main concern would be Spurs coming in for him if (or when) De Zerbi is given his marching orders.
Probably not.....as he would want to bring Palhinha with him... ::cool::
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: legana on September 24, 2026, 02:59:38 PM
Quote from: gerrys on September 24, 2026, 10:45:02 AM
Quote from: legana on September 23, 2026, 07:52:42 PMI wish Marco all the best at Benfica. My main concern would be Spurs coming in for him if (or when) De Zerbi is given his marching orders.
Probably not.....as he would want to bring Palhinha with him... ::cool::
His late goals probably saved them last year. Hope they struggle again this year. I know we are facing a tough season if we don't start winning so the more other clubs involved the better.
Title: Re: Marco … grass isn’t always greener
Post by: SG on September 24, 2026, 10:10:01 PM
Was in Porto on the day of the game. Place was absolutely buzzing after beating Benfica