Usual rubbish so far... should be three down already.
Tuchelball will be our undoing.
Should be four down
2 brain dead moments of defending. You've got to be joking. Overall performance has been fantastic.
2-3 now
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 26, 2026, 09:11:17 PM2 brain dead moments of defending. You've got to be joking. Overall performance has been fantastic.
Man City players have been shocking tonight... both at fault for goals and carded too.
Now Konsa has been a melon and its 3-2 Spain...
3-2 down and Kane gets hooked...
Tuchel really hasnt a clue.
I think it has been a good game overall... Spain are quality...
England have been ok..
We are losing to the World Champions...
::scarf::
He barely misses penalties for club, and is brilliant for England but Kane isn't as reliable from the spot for country. Would have probably gone on to win if he put it away. Much like Fulham, England are so frustrating to support. Eternally so near yet so far.
Spain ooze class but we've cut them open at times. Gordon and Bellingham both brilliant.
One of the best England performances I've seen. A bit unlucky to lose that, but cant just gift them 2 goals. Bellingham is world class and if Gordon can play like that consistently then he's on his way there too. Lots of positives.
German takes off best player Anthony Gordon as he did against Argie. He's learned nothing!
Good game to watch, two mistakes but Spain are are class side.
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 26, 2026, 09:45:52 PMOne of the best England performances I've seen. A bit unlucky to lose that, but cant just gift them 2 goals. Bellingham is world class and if Gordon can play like that consistently then he's on his way there too. Lots of positives.
Going forward, but sadly not in defence which was our downfall
As good as the opposition are, yet again English players basic errors and their naive play undo all the good things they produce.
We will never win anything worthwhile unless we find intelligent defenders of the highest level.
Quote from: hopper on September 26, 2026, 09:51:18 PMQuote from: Sgt Fulham on September 26, 2026, 09:45:52 PMOne of the best England performances I've seen. A bit unlucky to lose that, but cant just gift them 2 goals. Bellingham is world class and if Gordon can play like that consistently then he's on his way there too. Lots of positives.
Going forward, but sadly not in defence which was our downfall
Isn't this always the case?
Football is an instinctive game but defenders have to be football smart and even our best defenders over the years are not, they lack something and it's always our undoing.
I was 11 when we won in 66 but the games changed immensely and I'd bet my house we will never be cute enough to win the really important games.
Quote from: hopper on September 26, 2026, 09:51:18 PMQuote from: Sgt Fulham on September 26, 2026, 09:45:52 PMOne of the best England performances I've seen. A bit unlucky to lose that, but cant just gift them 2 goals. Bellingham is world class and if Gordon can play like that consistently then he's on his way there too. Lots of positives.
Going forward, but sadly not in defence which was our downfall
It's like England hired Arbeloa from the first three PL games or something.
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 26, 2026, 09:57:40 PMQuote from: hopper on September 26, 2026, 09:51:18 PMQuote from: Sgt Fulham on September 26, 2026, 09:45:52 PMOne of the best England performances I've seen. A bit unlucky to lose that, but cant just gift them 2 goals. Bellingham is world class and if Gordon can play like that consistently then he's on his way there too. Lots of positives.
Going forward, but sadly not in defence which was our downfall
Isn't this always the case?
Football is an instinctive game but defenders have to be football smart and even our best defenders over the years are not, they lack something and it's always our undoing.
I was 11 when we won in 66 but the games changed immensely and I'd bet my house we will never be cute enough to win the really important games.
With England? There was a period where we had numerous players who were amongst the best in their position - Campbell, Ferdinand and I'm sorry - Terry.
This current group of CBs is pretty far behind them. It's rare for a country to have world class players in every position. But there were just too many individual mistakes in defence to beat Spain.
We're a good side, but every time we come up one of the top teams we come up short. It's a really tangible glass ceiling. Unless you count the third place play off, but that felt like an exhibition match, so not sure I'd fully count it. We could and should be able to win against some of the top sides, but for whatever reason it never quite happens.
Quote from: demeant0r on September 26, 2026, 10:05:08 PMIt's like England hired Arbeloa from the first three PL games or something.
That was harsh. :slap:
Quote from: hopper on September 26, 2026, 10:05:47 PMWith England? There was a period where we had numerous players who were amongst the best in their position - Campbell, Ferdinand and I'm sorry - Terry.
This current group of CBs is pretty far behind them. It's rare for a country to have world class players in every position. But there were just too many individual mistakes in defence to beat Spain.
Well the German did retire
Harry Maguire prematurely after he had a good season with United and is a "rock" in defence even today.
So predictable when Kane missed. Incredible **** up by O'Reilly, blind pass under no pressure. I have to question why Quansah is being played at right back, he has zero attacking threat and can't cross.
Tuchel's starting line up always baffle me but his substitutions are even stranger
Quote from: Bassey the warrior on September 26, 2026, 11:39:32 PMSo predictable when Kane missed. Incredible **** up by O'Reilly, blind pass under no pressure. I have to question why Quansah is being played at right back, he has zero attacking threat and can't cross.
Kane scored his last nine penalties for England.
Whilst I'm disappointed we lost. I admired Tuchel's comments from a few days ago regarding players commitment to England and he'd reward that commitment. My favorite Fulham players over the years have always been the triers. Those that give 100% win, lose or draw
Stop moaning already. If you want something to moan about, try following my team, Scotland. I thought England played very well and in control for a lot of the game. However, they were playing the top ranked team in the world (I believe). I share your reservations about the manager but give him time, be realistic, England are probably not going to win the next world cup. They have some great players so enjoy the winning which I am sure the team and the manger will provide often.
Quote from: jarv on September 27, 2026, 10:16:21 AMStop moaning already. If you want something to moan about, try following my team, Scotland. I thought England played very well and in control for a lot of the game. However, they were playing the top ranked team in the world (I believe). I share your reservations about the manager but give him time, be realistic, England are probably not going to win the next world cup. They have some great players so enjoy the winning which I am sure the team and the manger will provide often.
You should try and follow my team, (Republic of) Ireland. We're so crap. :slap:
Quote from: Whitestone on September 27, 2026, 12:18:03 AMQuote from: Bassey the warrior on September 26, 2026, 11:39:32 PMSo predictable when Kane missed. Incredible **** up by O'Reilly, blind pass under no pressure. I have to question why Quansah is being played at right back, he has zero attacking threat and can't cross.
Kane scored his last nine penalties for England.
If you re-read my comment I said it was predictable "when he missed", as in after he missed it was predictable we would throw it away. At no point did I say he would miss.
Quote from: hopper on September 26, 2026, 09:41:15 PMHe barely misses penalties for club, and is brilliant for England but Kane isn't as reliable from the spot for country. Would have probably gone on to win if he put it away. Much like Fulham, England are so frustrating to support. Eternally so near yet so far.
Spain ooze class but we've cut them open at times. Gordon and Bellingham both brilliant.
Very unfortunate, his foot clearly slid on planting, once that happens there is not much you can do.
Should have had Alexander Arnold out there, a proper fullback. Also his free kicks are far better than anyone else, apart from Rice, can do.
Thought Saka's corners were terrible all at a convenient height and position for the keeper to gather them too easily. Actually thought he was poor overall.
Quote from: Whitestone on September 27, 2026, 12:18:03 AMQuote from: Bassey the warrior on September 26, 2026, 11:39:32 PMSo predictable when Kane missed. Incredible **** up by O'Reilly, blind pass under no pressure. I have to question why Quansah is being played at right back, he has zero attacking threat and can't cross.
Kane scored his last nine penalties for England.
He got bailed out in that Croatia game because someone stepped into the box.
He's obviously a pretty great taker throughout his career, but I always feel shakey about him on pressure penalties.
Jimenez takes better penalties....
Quote from: demeant0r on September 27, 2026, 10:22:31 AMQuote from: jarv on September 27, 2026, 10:16:21 AMStop moaning already. If you want something to moan about, try following my team, Scotland. I thought England played very well and in control for a lot of the game. However, they were playing the top ranked team in the world (I believe). I share your reservations about the manager but give him time, be realistic, England are probably not going to win the next world cup. They have some great players so enjoy the winning which I am sure the team and the manger will provide often.
You should try and follow my team, (Republic of) Ireland. We're so crap. :slap:
You two have no problems. My passion is and always has been the rugby team of Wales.
We have sunk without a trace - last seen taking a left turn into the darkest depths of Mordor.
Nogood "moaning about sports teams, isit "Boyo
Quote from: hopper on September 26, 2026, 09:41:15 PMHe barely misses penalties for club, and is brilliant for England but Kane isn't as reliable from the spot for country. Would have probably gone on to win if he put it away. Much like Fulham, England are so frustrating to support. Eternally so near yet so far.
Spain ooze class but we've cut them open at times. Gordon and Bellingham both brilliant.
As in The World Cup games Tuchel subs Gordon too early and that's a big part of our attacking threat gone.😡
Quote from: FFC007 on September 27, 2026, 05:57:08 PMJimenez takes better penalties....
He must be the best penalty taker in the world, and historically one of the best ever to be fair!