Fulham's Danny Murphy admits he made a "silly" mistake as he was sent off on an historic night for Fulham as they progressed to the quarter-finals of the Europa League after beating Uefa Cup holders Shakhtar Donetsk 3-2 on aggregate.
BBC Sport - Football - Murphy disappointed with himself after seeing red (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8538009.stm#id8530000/8538000/8538009-audio)
Fair comments as well.
Is it me or does Murph speak more like a manager than a player? I hope Roy remains long enough to mentor him into our next manager many years from now. How impressive for him to be so straight and honest regarding his actions, and what a good read of the match as well. We have a classy bunch at FFC. Great find White Noise!
I must admit that Danny did spoil the win for a short time after the match. Knowing he was likely to miss the games against Juventus. We need him!
It was a silly mistake! But that must have been a frustrating & long match to play in.
I thought it was great seeing Roy so angry.