Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 11:46:11 AM

Title: Life without Woy
Post by: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 11:46:11 AM

I had a dream last night and Woy had been sacked or left us for another club. I woke up feeling really sad and empty.

This made me wonder - when Woy retires or goes to manage England, who would be a suitable replacement?

Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: leonffc on March 04, 2010, 11:48:49 AM
Capello with Danny Murphy learning the ropes as No.2
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 04, 2010, 12:25:43 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 11:46:11 AM

I had a dream last night and Woy had been sacked or left us for another club. I woke up feeling really sad and empty.

This made me wonder - when Woy retires or goes to manage England, who would be a suitable replacement?


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
he loves us we love him,he's going to be here for years-behave yourself ;)
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: michaelread on March 04, 2010, 12:37:22 PM
i know he coached chelsea but....


Guus Hiddink would make me extremely happy. Just think, Guus takes over Turkey or whatever he is doing, 3 more years there, Roy retires in 3 years after he has won us the Europa this year, the Champions League next year and the FA/League/Premiership treble the year after.

Then we have Guus come in to consolidate us as the power club, who still operate on a modest wage budget.

Brilliant.
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: cebu on March 04, 2010, 03:05:26 PM
Quote from: michaelread on March 04, 2010, 12:37:22 PM
i know he coached the dark side but....


Guus Hiddink would make me extremely happy. Just think, Guus takes over Turkey or whatever he is doing, 3 more years there, Roy retires in 3 years after he has won us the Europa this year, the Champions League next year and the FA/League/Premiership treble the year after.

Then we have Guus come in to consolidate us as the power club, who still operate on a modest wage budget.

Brilliant.
Unfortunately Guus is a year older than Roy, so I guess we'll just have to stick with RH.
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 08:47:01 PM
I wouldn't mind someone like David Moyes. Can't see him leaving Everton but he would be good.
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: ron on March 04, 2010, 09:08:41 PM
Give Harry the Twitcher a call, you know it makes sense......... :o

...on a more serious note, David Moyes is indeed a very good call......if....
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: Hazey on March 04, 2010, 09:18:31 PM
We'd never land David Moyes, he'll end up at one of the big 4 or ManCity I reckon.  Perhaps he will slot in straight after SAF?

Not knowing enough about football outside of Fulham I am interested in hearing who people think could do the job.
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: HatterDon on March 04, 2010, 10:22:32 PM
I've been hearing Moyes as SAF's heir apparent for a couple seasons now.
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 10:31:15 PM
I'm not sure that there are many managers that could do what Woy has done in such a short period of time.

Maybe Mark Hughes or Alan Curbishley. Both have done well on modest budgets and given their previous clubs stability.
Title: Re: Life without Woy
Post by: VicHalomsLovechild on March 04, 2010, 10:46:26 PM
Life after Mr Roy is going to be a very tough time. Whoever comes in is going to be up against it. They will have to be a bit special, the budgets will be small and the patience of the fans will be short as well. I'm not going to dwell on it at the moment and just enjoy what is a fabulous year so far.