Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: White Noise on March 04, 2010, 01:29:23 PM

Title: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: White Noise on March 04, 2010, 01:29:23 PM
Cech is out and Stoke are playing well.

Double celebration in order?
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 04, 2010, 01:40:03 PM
 
:D fingers crossed  :D
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: ImperialWhite on March 04, 2010, 01:44:03 PM
No way! I want a west London final.

How much sweeter would an FA Cup Final victory be if it was over the dark side?
answer: about a million-billion times better.
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: AlFayedsChequebook on March 04, 2010, 02:09:41 PM
I am thinking the same, potential upset with last minute Fuller winner!

It would also be quality because it would irritate the tv companies -- could you imagine a Stoke V Fulham FA cup final!
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 02:13:18 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 04, 2010, 02:09:41 PM
could you imagine a Stoke V Fulham FA cup final!

It would be awful! Maybe not as a Fulham fan but certainly for the neutrals.

I think it would also discredit us if we beat them. People would forget about everything else we have achieved this season.

Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: ImperialWhite on March 04, 2010, 02:26:07 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 02:13:18 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 04, 2010, 02:09:41 PM
could you imagine a Stoke V Fulham FA cup final!

It would be awful! Maybe not as a Fulham fan but certainly for the neutrals.

I think it would also discredit us if we beat them. People would forget about everything else we have achieved this season.



You mean people would forgot everything else we achieved if we won the FA Cup? They probably would! However, it would almost certainly be in a good way. You don't get into the history books for finishing in the top ten in the league, even if you do beat Man U and Liverpool on the way.
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: FatFreddysCat on March 04, 2010, 04:51:29 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on March 04, 2010, 01:44:03 PM
No way! I want a west London final.

How much sweeter would an FA Cup Final victory be if it was over the dark side?
answer: about a million-billion times better.
I think you'd find we'd struggle to sell our allocation if we played the Darkside, but if we play someone else quite a few of them will tag along with Fulham mates and we may well sell out, though close i'd imagine. I'd defo settle for a Fulham v Stoke final if offered it, and we'd definately have more chance of winning than against the Filth.
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: HatterDon on March 04, 2010, 05:45:10 PM
I want The Undead in the final. Why? Because they're the only Champions League qualifier left in the mix. If we get them in the final, we guarantee a return trip to The Europa League. In my humble opinion, the FA Cup is our ONLY shot at Europa League qualification.
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: leonffc on March 04, 2010, 08:31:36 PM
Since we won in the 3rd round I've been saying we'll meet the scum in the Semi. I hope we dont but its looking that way with Villa vs Brum in the other :(
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: BarneyTravers on March 04, 2010, 08:34:15 PM
Stoke never play well White Noise...never.
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 08:36:57 PM
Any trip to Wembley would be a massive result and a great day out I'm sure. Just need to beat the in form Yids. Not feeling that confident are the last time they battered us in the cup.
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: HatterDon on March 04, 2010, 10:21:12 PM
Jimpav, how many players on both teams are still in place from that FA cup hammering?
Title: Re: Stoke V The Dark Side - I Smell An Upset
Post by: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 10:36:10 PM
That is very true HD, it was a horrible experience though and has
clearly left me scarred.

Spurs have got a bit better, we on the other hand have had a full
clear out and look 100 times better for it.

I do value your posts, they add a touch of Blingo
and a large dose of logical!