Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: White Noise on March 04, 2010, 03:59:09 PM

Title: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: White Noise on March 04, 2010, 03:59:09 PM
Harry has been talking about 'targetting' the FA Cup this season but I think was because he thought that 4th was a no goer. They now have e genuine sniff of Champions League football and I predict Harry will do a Martin O'Neill and go for that Chairman pleasing goal rather than the Cup.

They have beaten us once in their last 9 visits to The Cottage and we have less injuries than them this time round.

We have a team full of ex-Spurs - Murphy, Davies, Zamora & Kelly - and they have no ex-Fulham.

There will be goals but I see us keeping on top for most of the game - 3-1 to Fulham with goals from Murphy, Davies and Zamora.
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: Jimpav on March 04, 2010, 04:54:32 PM
Here you are White Noise!

I'm going to go 2-3 Spurs. Pavlyuchnko to do the early damage.

We're come out all guns blazing in the 2nd half and pull 2 back but the lank robot will kill us off.

Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: LBNo11 on March 04, 2010, 04:58:36 PM
...two spuds fans I am acquainted with think it will be a low score draw and they will stuff us in the replay.

I cannot put my finger on it but to me there is already a negative atmosphere about the game, I think their forgotten striker Raspberry Pavlovachenko will bag a brace against us with 20 minutes to go...
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: FatFreddysCat on March 04, 2010, 05:05:51 PM
Lose 2-1 to the PC term of Tottenham Hotspurs ;). But will get an historic win in Turin to more than make up for it.
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: blingo on March 04, 2010, 05:07:32 PM
2-0
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: WhiteJC on March 04, 2010, 05:16:49 PM
I want to see Fulham at the new Wemberly, so we're going to win  :D

3 - 0

Zamora, Okaka and Murphy
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on March 04, 2010, 05:30:45 PM
2-0
I think it will be s*** or bust,we we go all out for a win and if we lose, their you go-with the Euro games and the league will don't want a fixture pile up so I think it'll be full stream a head-can't wait :D
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: HatterDon on March 04, 2010, 05:46:48 PM
2-1. And isn't there extra time in leiu of replays in this round?
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: The Equalizer on March 04, 2010, 05:48:49 PM
My flatmate Fraser, who is a Spurs supporter, is really worried about this game. They're not full strength at the minute and he thinks that we could snatch it.

I totally agree with him!  :D

2-0
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: RidgeRider on March 04, 2010, 06:46:40 PM
2-1 with a stoppage time winna!
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: os5889 on March 04, 2010, 06:58:39 PM
0-2 pavlyuchenko and Dawson
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: bigalffc on March 04, 2010, 07:59:08 PM
2-1 and wemberly here we come!!
me knees have gone all trembly..............
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: SoCalJoe on March 04, 2010, 08:09:42 PM
1-0 Duff with the winner, Mark saving the day and what's left of everyone's fingernails
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: BarneyTravers on March 04, 2010, 08:12:36 PM
Draw.
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: FulhamGK on March 04, 2010, 08:34:45 PM
I really hope we win...

I have this crazy idea of a vacation in London/Hamburg in May...

2-1 to the mighty whites, and some fun with the spuds fan in the office!
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: FFCOutpostCommander on March 04, 2010, 09:18:20 PM
I think Roy and the boys will be going all out for this one which means it will be another ugly game with The Thames Barrier rooted in the back. We will hit them with a classic counter driven by Duff and nick the game 1-0. Not sure if Zamora, Gara, or Duff himself will actually score, but it will be one of the three of them. Schwarzer will wall up the goal and frustrate them on every attempt that gets through the barrier sending Spuds home crying about how they should have won but DIDN'T ;D
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: mrska on March 04, 2010, 09:20:53 PM
2-1  to the good guys... :D
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: White Noise on March 05, 2010, 04:29:54 PM
Bump
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: The Badger on March 05, 2010, 06:15:11 PM
I can see it being a tight game, however, given were at home this obviously gives us a slight edge.

You can see that Roy is desperate to prolong our run in this competition, and lead the side out at the New Wembley, however, he and the players know as well as the supporters that we need to finish the Spuds at the Cottage - It would be a big ask to get a result at White Hart Lane, and bearing this in mind, I can see us going all out to beat them within the 90 minutes (seeing as were virtually safe in the league etc.). The players should be pumped for this game - particularly the ex-Spurs contingent within our squad, but it's absolutely imperitive that we make home advantage count, and hopefully us (the fans) can play our part. I'd love nothing more than to see the place rocking tomorrow.

As far as injuries go, IF Defoe doesn't make tommorow's game it will certainly give us a boost, however, I would back our defence to deal with him/Crouch/Pav reasonably well given our defensive record last month, and the manor in which we dealt with Shakhtar's 3 pronged Brazilian strike-force on two seperate occasions. The key is to stop Modric and Kranjcar, so we will be heavily reliant on Dickson and Murphy having huge game's tommorow, they will need to control the midfield area. Also, we will almost certainly require the likes of Bobby to be firing on all cylinders. With the form he's been in of late, he should scare the majority of PL defence's to death - including Spurs (never thought i'd be saying that).

One things guaranteed, reaching the next stage of this competition would mean a lot more to us than the Yid's and because of this I simply cannot contemplate losing tomorrow.

I'm going for an incredibly tense 2-1 win, with BZ and Duff doing the damage either side of Half-time.
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: Tom on March 05, 2010, 06:21:23 PM
1-0 to Fulham!  :D
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: gu15whites on March 05, 2010, 07:54:20 PM
1-0 some real scruffy late goal that takes several deflections from a davies shot, after they batter us for 75 minutes
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: CorkCity on March 05, 2010, 08:13:54 PM
Fulham 0 - 1 Spurs , we are doomed!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: blingo on March 05, 2010, 08:15:16 PM
Corky, fulham cant lose this.....us blues have to meet them in the final :D
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: jarv on March 05, 2010, 08:17:06 PM
2-1.   Pavlychenko could cause problems but they have injuries and Fulham have a decent home record against them to balance the odds.
Title: Re: Predict The Score Against Spurs
Post by: CorkCity on March 05, 2010, 08:20:44 PM
Quote from: blingo on March 05, 2010, 08:15:16 PM
Corky, fulham cant lose this.....us blues have to meet them in the final :D

Will I sit in the Fulham end or the Chelsea end if that happens , thats worse than Sophie's Choice !
And I never get score predictions right  :P