Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: ImperialWhite on March 04, 2010, 10:16:01 PM

Title: Of slight concern: Capello offered big bucks to shoot off and coach Russia
Post by: ImperialWhite on March 04, 2010, 10:16:01 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/04/russia-fabio-capello-england-guus-hiddink (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/04/russia-fabio-capello-england-guus-hiddink)

It's been talked about here before, that if England have a poor summer and Capello gets sacked, Woy might well be offered the job. It seems that Russia are trying to poach Capello off England, meaning the FA might well be looking for a new England manager sooner than expected.

Concerned? Think it's likely that Capello will go? Or that if Capello did go, Woy would be offered the job, and that he'd take it?

Tbh, it seems unlikely that Capello would take it - despite being more highly taxed over here, I'm sure he could achieve much more with the England squad, for all it's faults, than he could with the Russian one.
Title: Re: Of slight concern: Capello offered big bucks to shoot off and coach Russia
Post by: mrska on March 04, 2010, 10:28:04 PM
Can't see it...  his deal with the FA  is mega bucks anyway...  Can't see him upping and leaving!
Title: Re: Of slight concern: Capello offered big bucks to shoot off and coach Russia
Post by: FatFreddysCat on March 04, 2010, 11:10:12 PM
Not bothered in the slightest. I'm Team USA/ Australia and Ghana. :D
Title: Re: Of slight concern: Capello offered big bucks to shoot off and coach Russia
Post by: finnster01 on March 05, 2010, 12:16:07 AM
Can you see Roy managing John Terry?
Title: Re: Of slight concern: Capello offered big bucks to shoot off and coach Russia
Post by: Admin on March 05, 2010, 08:33:15 AM
A certain 'Arry' Redknap would jump ship to take the position showing spurs what an 'orrible' little man he really is. For that, I'd hope it would happen.  8)
Title: Re: Of slight concern: Capello offered big bucks to shoot off and coach Russia
Post by: JBH on March 05, 2010, 09:00:16 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 04, 2010, 11:10:12 PM
Not bothered in the slightest. I'm Team USA/ Australia and Ghana. :D

I'm with you FFC, you can stuff England unless that Italian picks BZ :)
Title: Re: Of slight concern: Capello offered big bucks to shoot off and coach Russia
Post by: TonyGilroy on March 05, 2010, 09:05:23 AM

It's not about whether Capello goes to Russia - it's about whether Roy replaces him and I fear there's a good chance of that happening.

Probably nothing will be made public until after the WC is over but if Russia are prepared to double his money why would he not leave?

I think the clamour would then be for an English manager.