Just watched Clint Eastwood again in Gran Torino (closest thing to Turin I could find) to get in the mood, but for quite a moment I actually thought he looked a bit like Roy Hodgson. My girlfriend thinks I am completely mad now.
Maybe that is a good omen?
Quote from: finnster01 on March 10, 2010, 06:43:17 AM
Just watched Clint Eastwood again in Gran Torino (closest thing to Turin I could find) to get in the mood, but for quite a moment I actually thought he looked a bit like Roy Hodgson. My girlfriend thinks I am completely mad now.
Maybe that is a good omen?
Uncle Woy turns to Arry"Do you feel lucky Punk?,well do yer? :028: :008:
Half time team-talk from Roy?
(http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gran-torino-trailer.jpg)
Clint eyes his next kill?
(http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/roy-hodgson-415x275.jpg)
Fantastic film.. i'd recommend it to anyone. Clint Eastwood at his best..
Superb film, have to agree with your g/f though Finnster... did alcohol play any part in your assumption :005:
Too many ESB's and perhaps a couple of illegal Benny Hills Finny. I can actually see his charactor in that film being me in 30 years time :022:
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 10, 2010, 12:14:15 PM
Too many ESB's and perhaps a couple of illegal Benny Hills Finny. I can actually see his charactor in that film being me in 30 years time :022:
You'll never be that good looking Fred!
It was ok, but my problem with that movie was the fact that i could hardly make out what he was saying half the time. Mummbling in that overly gruff voice. If you want a similar old man vigilante type movie that it ten times better then watch "Harry Brown". Best movie i have seen this year without a doubt
Huge has got a point but its better illustrated by an earlier Caine film.
Roy implementing his radical training methods in Sweden -
(http://www.filmjunk.com/images/weblog/2009/04/getcarter.jpg)
Michael Caine and a young tearaway -
(http://sydsvenskan-img.se/archive/00205/schwarzroy_205482a.jpg)
Great film Finns, but probably the last one we'll see Clint acting in...
That is a very dodgy looking Swedish human next to Roy, innit?
I don't know what to make out of that, boy or girl?
Quote from: finnster01 on March 10, 2010, 02:33:57 PM
That is a very dodgy looking Swedish human next to Roy, innit?
I don't know what to make out of that, boy or girl?
I thought it was Michael J Fox! ;)
Dodgy Finnster? What are you suggesting? The love that dare not speaks its name?
(http://www.svenskafans.com/image/1/49586.jpg)
The Hair Bear Bunch minus Booby -
(http://sydsvenskan-img.se/archive/00199/ljungroy_199043a.jpg)
A Malmo tactics meeting -
(http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/402/264/11/hair.jpg)
Roy had never played football himself -
(http://sydsvenskan-img.se/archive/00239/Tobbe5_239834a.jpg)
Talking of lookalikes its the The King of Finland -
(http://www.iivuli.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/kuningas.jpg)
Quote from: Huge on March 10, 2010, 12:28:14 PM
It was ok, but my problem with that movie was the fact that i could hardly make out what he was saying half the time. Mummbling in that overly gruff voice. If you want a similar old man vigilante type movie that it ten times better then watch "Harry Brown". Best movie i have seen this year without a doubt
I saw Harry Brown as well Huge. Very gritty and well acted if a little predictable.. I agree with you about Clints gruff mumbling...
Both great films.. similar tales...
If you want Clint's gruff mumblings, watch Heartbreak Ridge. It was right after his throat off and he sounded like a bag of gravel in a rusty washing machine.
Not seen Harry Brown yet, but will probably hire it tonight. Looks fantasticles.
Quote from: The Equalizer on March 10, 2010, 04:09:48 PM
If you want Clint's gruff mumblings, watch Heartbreak Ridge. It was right after his throat off and he sounded like a bag of gravel in a rusty washing machine.
Not seen Harry Brown yet, but will probably hire it tonight. Looks fantasticles.
Seen Heartbreak Ridge.. another good film..
FANTASTIC responses. Had me in tears!