More sad news here my friends. It would seem that the American actor Corey Haim has passed away aged 38.
He was best known for his roles in Silverbullet, Lucas and of course The Lost Boys. Sadly his popularity in the 80s waned after The Lost Boys and he disappeared into pretty much anonimity.
A great shame for a fine young wasted talent.
RIP
Great memories of that film and that era of cinema.
There were a lot of films around with child actors or young actors in those days and unfortunately far too many ended up in the pages on The National Enquirer.
Hope he has found some peace.
Indeed mate. How many turned to drugs and drink to combat their sudden youthful success?
I love the Lost boys.. such a shame.. RIP Corey
It really is throw a stick in the direction of any child actor in those days.
Everyone in this picture under 65 went wildly off the rails -
(http://flywithbats.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/different_strokes.jpg)
A good few in this one -
(http://www.kwhb.com/Admin/images/CS-cosby-cast_430.jpg)
and don't even get me started on the drink and **** hell of The Waltons and the Little House on The Prairie.
No support or assistance given to any of them.
Charlie Sheen, Robert Downey Jr, Drew Barrymore, Mickey Rourke, River Phoenix... too many to count mate.
Oh gosh I have been given lots of money at a young age. I am struggling now to re capture my fame. What shall I do? I know drink,drugs and sex and then kill myself. Spoilt over protected weak minded fools. Those who find a way out of the maze deserve our applause. Those who fall deserve little sympathy. The people they leave behind them deserve better.