Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Friendsoffulham on June 12, 2016, 12:05:09 PM

Title: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Friendsoffulham on June 12, 2016, 12:05:09 PM
Report: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray

(http://cdn3-i.hitc-s.com/318/fulhams_moussa_dembele_looks_dejected_200686.jpg)

The French talent's contract at Craven Cottage has expired.

Reports earlier this week in Turkey suggested that Fulham striker Moussa Dembele was deep in talks with Galatasaray over a move to the club this summer.

Fotospor is just one of many sources in Turkey that reported the news that Gala had met with the Cottagers' player and come to an agreement.

The French striker is out of contract at the end of the month and has been linked with plenty of teams, but it seemed Gala had become the front-runners for his signature.

Now reports are suggesting an announcement is due this week, as Dembele agreed a salary of €1.75 (£1.4) million a year to join the club – equating to around £27k-a-week.

The report from Haberler suggests that Fulham were not originally willing to spend such a fee on the player but decided to splash out to beat English clubs to his signature.

This will of course come as bad news to Fulham – who will not receive any compensation for the player as he is heading to a foreign club.

The talented French striker played 46 times for Fulham in 2015-16, scoring 17 goals.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Lighthouse on June 12, 2016, 12:18:28 PM
If confirmed it is disappointing for all those involved. Not sure he hasn't reached his full potential already but some money would have been nice.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: bobby01 on June 12, 2016, 01:43:23 PM
Sorry young mr dembele, I think you have been badly advised here, you will not fulfill your potential out there.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Andy S on June 12, 2016, 01:55:25 PM
I think that is right. Money is fine but you need a long career at a decent standard with plenty of game time. I cannot feel bitter but if he has decided not to give anything back it doesn't say much for him as a person
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: bill taylors apprentice on June 12, 2016, 03:48:44 PM
What do you think we were offering him to stay?

Even assuming he has already reached his full potential, his goal scoring record and sell on value would still warrant a hefty wage in the Championship. 
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: rusty shackleford on June 12, 2016, 03:59:11 PM
I'd be happy enough getting paid 27k a week to sit on the bench
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: hovewhite on June 12, 2016, 04:20:59 PM
Will wait and see if true,from everything I have read he follows his advisers guidance and might make some money,but not fulfil his ambitions because of that advice!
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: westcliff white on June 12, 2016, 05:53:21 PM
if this is true we will get somewhere up to 500k for him
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Burt on June 12, 2016, 06:39:02 PM
Well I was expecting him to go but not to Gala! Interesting move. He may do quite well there, and will be likely to get some Champions League experience to boot.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 12, 2016, 09:06:06 PM
Made his mind up in January he was leaving and proceeded to jack it in. If he'd have worked harder he'd have ended up somewhere better than Turkey, but he couldn't be arsed. Screw him. LONG LIVE CAULEY WOODROW!!!
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Fulham76 on June 12, 2016, 09:30:40 PM
Very shortsighted career move if true.

Not sure what these young footballers are looking for? If it's to be one of the best & play in the best leagues, this isn't the right move. If it's purely to get some extra cash for himself & his agents then it is the right move for him but he's selling himself short if he's as good as he seems to think he is.

Personally don't think he's that special but annoyed we'll miss out on some cash of our own if he moves there!
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Wearethewhites on June 12, 2016, 09:34:11 PM
Haven't Gala been banned from European football? 
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: One James stannard on June 12, 2016, 09:40:16 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on June 12, 2016, 09:30:40 PM
Very shortsighted career move if true.

Not sure what these young footballers are looking for? If it's to be one of the best & play in the best leagues, this isn't the right move. If it's purely to get some extra cash for himself & his agents then it is the right move for him but he's selling himself short if he's as good as he seems to think he is.

Personally don't think he's that special but annoyed we'll miss out on some cash of our own if he moves there!

:plus one: I never rated Dembele that highly either but im also disappointed if he goes abroad
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
and it was Jimmy hill who helped make this situation all possible
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Southdowns White on June 13, 2016, 11:00:18 AM
If it's true then we just move on, I'm only interested in who will be playing for Fulham next season. Even if Ross McCormack goes It's not the end of the world, I've been supporting Fulham for so long that you know we will come good at some stage. Hopefully our coaching staff and those that run the club will make a few decent decisions when it comes to buying players between now and the start of the season. I just hope we can build a team that play for each other and not just their own egos, a team who will dig results out even when they are not playing at their best. You only have to look at Brighton, through plenty of games they were not the best team on the day but got the right result and played as a team to grind out results.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Twig on June 13, 2016, 11:09:55 AM
Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
and it was Jimmy hill who helped make this situation all possible

And he was right
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 11:38:47 AM
Quote from: Twig on June 13, 2016, 11:09:55 AM
Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
and it was Jimmy hill who helped make this situation all possible

And he was right
yes twig he was but it's now manipulated such that the clubs like us (who have always had to sell our best player) are the ones losing out. Everything is in favour of the player.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 13, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
and it was Jimmy hill who helped make this situation all possible

Why is it down to Jimmy Hill?
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Bill2 on June 13, 2016, 12:33:40 PM
Why is anyone surprised, he has said he was going to be off since Jan when refusing a new contract. I will wish him good luck but think Turkey is the wrong place for him.

From previous posts we should get £500,000 in some sort of compensation payment so lets get on with life and move on and never forget we will always be a selling club we can never expect players to show any loyalty except to their pay packet. But saying that ask those 2 Everton players who have been released about loyalty from a club when they were released and the club never even told them, they heard about it in the news.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: HatterDon on June 13, 2016, 01:04:11 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.

I don't know about that. 19 goals in all competitions across two seasons sounds like we got some good from him. As a matter of fact that's probably the best return for an investment we've gotten from a young player in at least 20 years.

Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Jonnoj on June 13, 2016, 01:28:46 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on June 12, 2016, 09:30:40 PM
Very shortsighted career move if true.

Not sure what these young footballers are looking for? If it's to be one of the best & play in the best leagues, this isn't the right move. If it's purely to get some extra cash for himself & his agents then it is the right move for him but he's selling himself short if he's as good as he seems to think he is.

Personally don't think he's that special but annoyed we'll miss out on some cash of our own if he moves there!

It may be a sensible decision to play at a high-profile club where he will get game time and also play in the CL.
Also in my view, Istanbul is a fantastic city and a great experience for anyone.
Appalling transfer rules that mean we can't get a fee is the bit that frustrates me.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Kent Cassandra on June 13, 2016, 01:35:00 PM
What about Smalling HD?
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: sunburywhite on June 13, 2016, 01:41:04 PM
Quote from: Kent Cassandra on June 13, 2016, 01:35:00 PM
What about Smalling HD?

I can only remember Smalling C
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 13, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
and it was Jimmy hill who helped make this situation all possible

Why is it down to Jimmy Hill?
sorry I'm probably not eloquent enough or have the time to explain.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 13, 2016, 03:43:35 PM
Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 13, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
and it was Jimmy hill who helped make this situation all possible

Why is it down to Jimmy Hill?
sorry I'm probably not eloquent enough or have the time to explain.

Well let me answer: it has nothing to do with Jimmy Hill.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Beamer on June 13, 2016, 03:49:18 PM
Really don't see this as a career move forward for him. Turkish league with a couple of exceptions would struggle in the championship and if he goes to Gala they are banned from Europe for a season for failing FFP twice. How is this going to further his career - so it is simply about a young mercenary then.
If this deal happens all I can say is good luck lad and I hope it works out as well for you as you deserve.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: MikeW on June 13, 2016, 05:02:17 PM
Personally I'm not that fussed he's gone as I never saw him making any impact in the Prem - poor attitude at times and lazy in my view.  BUT ... my opinions apart, he has been very badly advised by his so called agent.  The Prem not Turkey is  where you put yourself in the spotlight.  But the Baby Bentley looms no doubt and the agent is taking a massive cut.

Sad day for football, not just Fulham. We saw it coming.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: filham on June 13, 2016, 05:12:42 PM
I have never rated Dembele highly but had thought his transfer would puta few pounds into our transfer Kitty.

However I imagine that to get a good replacement may well cost us more than £1.4m a year (wages plus transfer fee) so if we really wanted to keep him it may have made sense to match the offer from the Turks, get him under a long contract and then sell him on at Christmas for a fat fee.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: BedsFFC on June 13, 2016, 05:23:17 PM
I'm very indiffrent about the situation. Never really took to him. I'm sure he will do well.

I'm pretty sure we can find someone better for us right now. We are are a club that needs to be thinking "right now", right now.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: love4ffc on June 13, 2016, 05:33:34 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on June 13, 2016, 05:23:17 PM
I'm very indiffrent about the situation. Never really took to him. I'm sure he will do well.

I'm pretty sure we can find someone better for us right now. We are are a club that needs to be thinking "right now", right now.

My thoughts exactly  0001.jpeg
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: MJG on June 13, 2016, 05:56:34 PM
Looks like I'll be a solo voice on his ability then.

I rate him highly and hope he doesn't goto Turkey. Whole I'd prefer him firstly to stay here, but at worst another team in England so we can get money.
But with the right breaks I see him being a top striker in a top team within three or four Seasons. And people will look back and wonder where that came from.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: cmg on June 13, 2016, 06:33:33 PM

No. No solo, MJG.

I think he has had a terrific season. The first of many to come for some lucky outfit
I've come to accept that he will be leaving - but will be gobsmacked if/when it turns out to be Gala.

I wish us the best of luck in finding a replacement. I don't believe that would turn out to be as easy as some above seem to think.

As far as I can make out the following are the only teenagers to have scored double figures in their first full season:

R. Robson (52-3) 19  scored 19
J.N Haynes (53-4) 19 scored 16
R. Marsh  (64-65) 19 scored 17

....that's it folks, Clarke was just a month into his 20s when he scored 24 in 66-7, but he had already had a couple of season with Walsall)

Still, not bad company.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Twig on June 13, 2016, 07:00:14 PM
Each to their own but how anyone cannot rate him is beyond me.  Fantastic scoring record at his age and in his first full season.  Assuming he does not get any serious injuries, I would expect him to go on and develop into a top class striker. 

Why is he a "mercenary" for taking a well paid job offer?  That is exactly what I have done during my career and I do not consider myself a mercenary.  Ridiculous.

Good or bad career move? Debatable, but good luck to the lad.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: bill taylors apprentice on June 13, 2016, 07:13:58 PM
I know he wants to move on to a club of a higher status but If he is only going for £27,000 a week because that's the best offer I will be disappointed to say the least.

Does anyone think we would have matched those wages in an attempt to keep him?
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: YoungsBitter on June 13, 2016, 07:23:12 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 13, 2016, 07:13:58 PM
I know he wants to move on to a club of a higher status but If he is only going for £27,000 a week because that's the best offer I will be disappointed to say the least.

Does anyone think we would have matched those wages in an attempt to keep him?
I had the same reaction when I saw the amount. I would have happily paid him that and sold McCormick for £12mm plus add ons. With two more seasons under his belt he would trade for more than £12mm and our new contract would give us a share wherever he went, unlike this current junior contract.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 07:56:13 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 13, 2016, 03:43:35 PM
Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 13, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: bobbo on June 13, 2016, 10:48:50 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 12, 2016, 12:37:07 PM
Very angry about the whole situation. We have invested time & money with him & will end up with nothing. He could have done the decent thing & sign a contract with a reasonable buy out clause. VDS & Saha both did this which meant we got decent sums for them.
I am disgusted with Dembele & his agent.
and it was Jimmy hill who helped make this situation all possible

Why is it down to Jimmy Hill?
sorry I'm probably not eloquent enough or have the time to explain.

Well let me answer: it has nothing to do with Jimmy Hill.
fair enough but you are wrong players being able to treat their clubs(employers) badly such as he seems to be doing all stems from Jimmy hill gaining the players the freedom they have no, I never get embroiled out and out arguments on here . So reply as you wish. I know you seem not to. I will not come back on this subject
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: cmg on June 13, 2016, 08:15:52 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 13, 2016, 07:33:12 PM

:plus one:

(although i had my doubts that home game just after the january transfer window closed when he played terribly and then walked off really slowly, holding the game up, when he got subbed)

Yes, I remember that and he has been criticized for it.
In the context of the match it was  a pretty inept and callow thing to do but, in general, I rather LIKE players to be a bit p1ssed off when they are subbed. I cite Danny Murphy as an example - he always looked likely to commit GBH when his number went up, even when it was being done to save his legs.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: cmg on June 13, 2016, 08:25:37 PM
...actually, now I come to think of it, young Moussa hasn't always been adverse to being subbed.
I've just remembered the u18 PL Cup Final in which he had scored a remarkable hat-trick. He contrived to go down with an 'injury' 30 secs before the final whistle so that he could walk off to a (deserved) standing ovation. He'd have been 16 then. We laughed that even at such an early age he knew how to work a crowd.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Carborundum on June 13, 2016, 09:15:56 PM
So, I would be firmly in the Moussa's terrific, owes us nothing, helped us stay up camp.  But that's not why I am posting.

The title of this thread asserts as fact something that there seems scant evidence to support.  Maybe he will go there, maybe not.  Maybe he has verbally agreed something, maybe not, but if he'd actually signed I rather suspect Galatasary would have told the world.  But my point is that however this story has come into the public domain, it has done a wonderful job of setting a benchline weekly salary of £27k per week from which the bidding can develop further.  We are questioning whether it's the right club for his development, the rules Jimmy Hill helped bring about and other things beside.  But the key question from a Fulham point of view is whether resigning him is the best use of at least £27k per week.  Seems a bit steep to me, but it's not my money.

Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: simplyfulham on June 13, 2016, 09:46:06 PM
Well I'm with you on this MJG.

And I think anyone else who saw his hattrick in the youth league final game against Reading in 2013 would probably agree as well.

I think that's probably the best hattrick by a Fulham player I've ever seen at the cottage. And he was only 16 at the time. (Mind I think I'm a bit younger than a few of you so haven't seen quite as many games)
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: Carborundum on June 13, 2016, 10:24:16 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 13, 2016, 10:00:51 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on June 13, 2016, 09:15:56 PM
So, I would be firmly in the Moussa's terrific, owes us nothing, helped us stay up camp.  But that's not why I am posting.

The title of this thread asserts as fact something that there seems scant evidence to support.  Maybe he will go there, maybe not.  Maybe he has verbally agreed something, maybe not, but if he'd actually signed I rather suspect Galatasary would have told the world.  But my point is that however this story has come into the public domain, it has done a wonderful job of setting a benchline weekly salary of £27k per week from which the bidding can develop further.  We are questioning whether it's the right club for his development, the rules Jimmy Hill helped bring about and other things beside.  But the key question from a Fulham point of view is whether resigning him is the best use of at least £27k per week.  Seems a bit steep to me, but it's not my money.



some quick math, £27k/wk on a 3 yr deal, roughly the same total outlay as paying £2.5m fee plus £10k week to sign someone else for the same term.

Now in my eyes £2.5m is a bargain for a 15 goals/season striker, even disregarding how much dembele is likely to improve season on season

the issue is everyone else in the squad would want a rise to £27k/wk and that's not affordable
Good point.  Add in the signing on fee his agents will no doubt also be pushing for and the recent uplift in RMcC's wage and where does it get us?  Answer - precisely where we were last season when we only just stayed up, but at significantly greater cost.  And that's if they both stay fit.

There's one or two other key areas where we are a bit deficient and where diverting resources towards would have a certain logic.

Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: HatterDon on June 14, 2016, 12:35:15 AM
Quote from: Kent Cassandra on June 13, 2016, 01:35:00 PM
What about Smalling HD?

Him we got money for. He had very few starts with us, so there was really no payback on the pitch.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: spikey norman on June 14, 2016, 07:44:13 AM
Today's GetWestLondon reporting that we have increased our offer to Dembele to get him to remain at the club and reports that he is on his way to Galatasaray are wide of the mark.
Title: Re: Promoted: Fulham striker Moussa Dembele agrees £27k-a-week deal with Galatasaray
Post by: bill taylors apprentice on June 14, 2016, 09:28:42 AM
Sounds like his people are "playing the game" to push potential wages to the maximum regardless where he ends up.

As for paying him a similar amount to stay and how much it would cost us to replace a 15+ goals a season player with sell on potential, I say do it.

If we are going to be seriously challenging for promotion its fair to say we will have to have a handful of quality players on 20 to 30 grand a week.

Lets not kid ourselves we are going to do it on a budget!