Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Mince n Tatties on September 01, 2016, 07:07:19 AM

Title: Jack Grimmer
Post by: Mince n Tatties on September 01, 2016, 07:07:19 AM
So Jacks off go Shrewsbury again (they love him
there), might end up there permanent one day.
Bit of an enigma is our Jack, thought he might of broken
Through by now, ive always had high hopes for him.
Obviously the club still see something in him, or I think
they might have released him by now.. 049:gif
Title: Re: Jack Grimmer
Post by: Skatzoffc on September 01, 2016, 07:56:30 AM
It's good he's getting game time tbh, both for him and us.
And they do seem to love him there.

Fill ur boots Jack!
Title: Re: Jack Grimmer
Post by: One Martin Thomas on September 01, 2016, 08:15:34 AM
Are there better right backs at the club..... yes. He's not at Championship level yet and may never reach it. Good deal for both sides.
Title: Re: Jack Grimmer
Post by: MJG on September 01, 2016, 08:27:23 AM
I 100% blame Symons for Grimmers lack of development. He was in the team finally finding his feet and form and then Symons brings in Jazz and drops him straight away.
After that lack of chances and a couple of injuries meant he's found it hard to get back.
Like him or not,  for me he was always better than Jazz.
His contracts up next summer so suspect he will be released.Pity as had high hopes for him but wish him well.
Title: Re: Jack Grimmer
Post by: HatterDon on September 01, 2016, 08:17:18 PM
I'll be sorry to see him go if that's the case, MJG. When Fulham won the Dr. Pepper Cup here in Texas a few years back, he was the player who impressed me the most -- both in his position and in his role as captain. I said at the time that I thought Grimmer would be club captain during his career, and that I fervently hoped it would be for Fulham. I continue to hope so, but it's looking doubtful.
Title: Re: Jack Grimmer
Post by: Andy S on September 01, 2016, 08:34:36 PM
Football is a hard game to get in to. I believe it is as little as 1% that make it. I remember many years ago we got Ray Houghton on a free from West Ham. He was a very good player for us yet they let him go. He went on to play for Liverpool and did very well for them. So just because one club lets a player go it does not mean they are finished it just means there is work to be done. Sometimes you can have skill but a little luck is required as well
Title: Re: Jack Grimmer
Post by: HillFace on September 02, 2016, 10:19:38 PM
Would love Jack to get settled somewhere and saddened that it's not Fulham. Unfortunately there just isn't room for him now and we do have much better players. He seems to be genuine guy, always plays with a lot of passion but passion can only get you so far.
Didn't catch the game against Boro but the ball in for Cauley was quality and he obviously has talent. Can see him returning up north and becoming settled for one of the bigger teams up here. Still highly regarded by Aberdeen fans, I believe he's still their youngest ever player.
Title: Re: Jack Grimmer
Post by: FulhamStu on September 02, 2016, 10:45:39 PM
I life in Shropshire and have watched Jack a lot over the past few seasons.  They do love him at the Shrews due to his ability and more importantly his attitude which is superb. 

Now the bad news, he is way below the level we need at the top of the championship.  He is a good footballer, great tryer and great team player.  He is just not good enough for where we want to be.  Perfect for Shrewsbury where you could imagine him as captain one day, but not at the level Jokanovic requires.