http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/may/26/player-departures (http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/may/26/player-departures)
049:gif
I can see the cases being made for all those departures, except for Jack Grimmer. Still think he has something to give
Still, I trust Slav
Parker , Joronen and Burgess in dialogue...
As decent as the two young ones are, they're both in their 20s and won't get a look in next season. Don't think anyone will argue with the released list although the likes of Joronen, burgess, Cole, Grimmer ... you can't help but think their development was affected by being thrown in when nowhere near ready by Felix
If Joronen does end up leaving can we keep him for one more game then give him a guard of honour substitution in the 41st minute? Same with Tunnicliffe after 19'
I don't believe those players "thrown in" had their development affected greatly, it wasn't a long enough time to do that.
It wasn't ideal but if they had been coming through at a more stable club they would have stagnated in U21 until they went out on loan and/or released.
Heart, desire and commitment etc is not generally in question, its a conveyor belt and few finish up in the first team.
I have no qualms with the released list, all of which are not good enough to play here .
I am happy we have offered Edun a new deal as he's impressed me when I've seen him.
If it was up to me I would not give Parker a new contract. Feel he is passed it now and with his rumoured wages we could definitely sign someone to cover Mcdonald better than he does for less.
Burgess was destroyed by magath, such a shame as he clearly had the potnetial to be a top cb, same could be said for Joronen and hyndmen (now in the scottish league), magath really was a poison.
I wish them all the best, Grimmer will find a lower championship club/ top league 1 club and be a solid player.
Quote from: Chutney on May 26, 2017, 12:57:28 PM
Burgess was destroyed by magath, such a shame as he clearly had the potnetial to be a top cb, same could be said for Joronen and hyndmen (now in the scottish league), magath really was a poison.
I wish them all the best, Grimmer will find a lower championship club/ top league 1 club and be a solid player.
How did Magath destroy Hyndman? Hyndman played his best for us under Magath and Magath gave him his first professional chance. Saw Hyndman on an interview saying he liked playing under Magath. Am sure Joronens situation was similar. When Symons came in immiedatly dropped Joronen for Bettinelli, It was Magath who rated Joronen.
You have a point about Burgess though!. No idea why Magath tried him at defensive midfield.
Quote from: @jolslover on May 26, 2017, 12:55:00 PM
I have no qualms with the released list, all of which are not good enough to play here .
I am happy we have offered Edun a new deal as he's impressed me when I've seen him.
If it was up to me I would not give Parker a new contract. Feel he is passed it now and with his rumoured wages we could definitely sign someone to cover Mcdonald better than he does for less.
The Parker situation is interesting, there were times throughout the season he was on the bench and he wasn't used when the game needed something, so what does that say about the managers view on what he can offer on the pitch?
Does he fancy a season in the lower leagues, travelling elsewhere and being away from home (he wouldn't move the family surely?) giving up the relative luxury of MP where he can start coaching the youngsters and remain a bit part player?
These and many more questions but he was reported to be on mega money (for FFC) so is his presence in and around the dressing room so vital its worth signing him up again?
Personally I would like to keep him within the club, we need more stable figures around but a contact length to give him security and a structure to help him gain coaching experience should come with a substantial pay cut.
About par for the course.
Pity about Jack Grimmer, but it would seem now that Shrewsbury is about his level.
Presumably Parker is deciding what sort of role he is to play next season, either here or elsewhere.
Joronen is a reasonably good keeper but we have a load of those.
Bury seem desperate to get Burgess back, they seem really impressed with him. How he might fit in with us is another matter and, presumably, depends on other deals.
Of the youngsters, Edun is, at present, a star in the making and so, perhaps to a lesser extent, is Ashby-Hammond. Adebayo's goal-haul on loan obviously attracted attention - but his future would be rather less certain.
Mention of Hyndman reminded me (I don't think its been mentioned on these pages before) that, despite being on loan and featuring in only 17 league and cup matches, he won the Rangers' Young Player of the Year award for this season.
Sheckleford always looked a very good prospect at right full back for the FA yoof cup final side. And Josh Smile. Hope they get a break somewhere else.
092.gif
For those who couldn't be bothered to click on the link:
The Club can confirm that the following players will leave Fulham following the expiry of their contracts: Ryan Tunnicliffe, Larnell Cole, Jack Grimmer, Ryheem Sheckleford, Josh Smile, Jake Soutter, Josh Walker, Cassian Thomas and Josh Lukwata.
Scott Parker, Jesse Joronen and Cameron Burgess are currently in dialogue with the Club, while Tayo Edun, Elijah Adebayo and Taye Ashby-Hammond have been offered new deals.
Tunnicliffe joined Fulham from Manchester United midway through the 2013/14 season, and went on to score twice in 66 appearances for the Club, while Grimmer represented the Whites on 19 occasions during his five years in SW6, having graduated from the Academy after arriving from Aberdeen.
We thank all our departing players for their efforts during their time at Fulham, and wish them every success in their careers.
The Club can confirm that the following players will leave Fulham following the expiry of their contracts: Ryan Tunnicliffe, Larnell Cole, Jack Grimmer, Ryheem Sheckleford, Josh Smile, Jake Soutter, Josh Walker, Cassian Thomas and Josh Lukwata.
Could this mean that Sheckleford and Smile for example may have chosen not to have a new contract with us?
Quote from: Burt on May 26, 2017, 01:49:26 PM
The Club can confirm that the following players will leave Fulham following the expiry of their contracts: Ryan Tunnicliffe, Larnell Cole, Jack Grimmer, Ryheem Sheckleford, Josh Smile, Jake Soutter, Josh Walker, Cassian Thomas and Josh Lukwata.
Tip for young footballers seeking long-term future with Fulham FC: Don't get called 'Josh'.
I do wonder if the Parker dialogue is as player coach. You can see during the warm ups he is getting more involved with what others are doing. I still think he has something to offer the team but a coaching role makes good sense for both parties.
Shame about Sheckleford, I thought he had potential.
Could be quite valuable to have Parker around the squad. Minutes will be reduced but his presence and experience will help.
Surprise, I thought there would have been a few of present set up transfer listed.
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 26, 2017, 02:07:16 PM
Surprise, I thought there would have been a few of present set up transfer listed.
They won't announce who they are looking to sell. The release list is only for those at the end of their contracts.
No problems with that lot leaving at all.
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 26, 2017, 12:36:48 PM
I can see the cases being made for all those departures, except for Jack Grimmer. Still think he has something to give
Still, I trust Slav
agree and agree
Quote from: HatterDon on May 26, 2017, 03:06:39 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 26, 2017, 12:36:48 PM
I can see the cases being made for all those departures, except for Jack Grimmer. Still think he has something to give
Still, I trust Slav
agree and agree
could have been jacks choice might want to join a club and be settled and have first team football
Jack Grimmer's twitter message.
Class.
(Unsurprisingly)
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAwQfIsXsAE-R9b.jpg)
Good luck to a fine young player.
Interesting stat on Parker, he is now 10 appearances away from having played more games for Fulham than any of his previous clubs. He has now surpassed the amount of games he played for West Ham.
Would like to keep Burgess if we can. Helped Cheltenham win promotion to the Football League. Two successful loans at League One clubs. Still only 21. Give him a three year deal. See what you have with him in the preseason. Is he that 4th CB that could do a job if needed? If you think he needs another spell. Either a top League 1 side challenging for promotion or a lower Championship side should really prove if he's going to cut it.
No real surprises there but it would be interesting to listen to the dialogue with Parker. He played so little last season that we can only now be considering him for a training role.
Pleased to see that LVC and Woodrow are not on the list.I see them as good back up players next season.
Would love to see Grimmer, Sheckleford and Smile end up at my other team Wimbledon. Would love Tunners as well but think he'll stay in the championship. All really solid youngsters that would do well to start merging into the aging team and are about the right age to become regulars once the oldies fall off.
I'm another one shocked Grimmer hasn't had more of a chance. Rate him highly.
Good luck to all you guys that have been released by the club. I wish you all future success in some level of the game. Well done for the hard work you have achieved and remember you have already reached a higher level than most of us can dream of. Thanks especially to jack Grimmer for your message above and wherever you all go I hope you will find some success. Please remember some players have only come into the game at a late age so this is not the end but a new beginning
Very sad about Grimmer. Would love to have seen him with us next year. As for Parker I hope he is retained as a player coach. He's a solid good influence on the other players in my mind and we can use all of that.
Quote from: filham on May 26, 2017, 05:52:46 PM
No real surprises there but it would be interesting to listen to the dialogue with Parker. He played so little last season that we can only now be considering him for a training role.
Pleased to see that LVC and Woodrow are not on the list.I see them as good back up players next season.
They are still under contract so we're very unlikely kelt to be released. Word in the street is Woodrow gas been told he can find a club.
Walker is a strange one - seemed to be prolific at youth level but was never really given a sniff of first team football
Quote from: snarks on May 26, 2017, 01:59:10 PM
I do wonder if the Parker dialogue is as player coach. You can see during the warm ups he is getting more involved with what others are doing. I still think he has something to offer the team but a coaching role makes good sense for both parties.
:plus one:
"Tip for young footballers seeking long-term future with Fulham FC: Don't get called 'Josh'."
But Tosh is ok.