Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Jims Dentist on December 16, 2019, 07:18:43 PM

Title: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: Jims Dentist on December 16, 2019, 07:18:43 PM
I have not head KMac mentioned on any injury or illness lists recently yet he has not been in our squads.

Does anyone know what the situation is?
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: Statto on December 16, 2019, 08:10:12 PM
I assume he's injured

If he is fit and not being selected ahead of Onomah, Parker wants not only sacking but banning from all FFC premises and reporting to the police for abusing a football club
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: The Rational Fan on December 16, 2019, 08:34:13 PM
A surely we kept Cisse for this kind of DM injury crisis.
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: HV71 on December 16, 2019, 08:36:35 PM
Whether fit or not we need a new version of K Mac - not just to replicate his playing skills but also his on field leadership ( something we really do miss )
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: Jamie88 on December 16, 2019, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 16, 2019, 08:34:13 PM
A surely we kept Cisse for this kind of DM injury crisis.

I would actually pick Cisse over KMac if the two were available. Still haven't seen Cisse put in a poor performance to be honest! KMac is playing as if he were 41 instead of 31 if the last year is anything to go by!
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: colinwhite on December 16, 2019, 08:57:27 PM
Has a calf problem . Recuuring niggly injury which is very difficult to get rid of . hopes to be in the squad for Leeds.
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: sunburywhite on December 16, 2019, 09:37:33 PM
Sadly not the player he was 2 years ago
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: The Rational Fan on December 16, 2019, 09:52:21 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on December 16, 2019, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 16, 2019, 08:34:13 PM
A surely we kept Cisse for this kind of DM injury crisis.

I would actually pick Cisse over KMac if the two were available. Still haven't seen Cisse put in a poor performance to be honest! KMac is playing as if he were 41 instead of 31 if the last year is anything to go by!

Cisse plays well in the African Cup and never gets a run for Fulham even in the PL2. A year ago he started in the premier league and didn't look completely out of his depth, which I couldn't say about KMac.
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: Jamie88 on December 16, 2019, 11:44:50 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 16, 2019, 09:52:21 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on December 16, 2019, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 16, 2019, 08:34:13 PM
A surely we kept Cisse for this kind of DM injury crisis.

I would actually pick Cisse over KMac if the two were available. Still haven't seen Cisse put in a poor performance to be honest! KMac is playing as if he were 41 instead of 31 if the last year is anything to go by!

Cisse plays well in the African Cup and never gets a run for Fulham even in the PL2. A year ago he started in the premier league and didn't look completely out of his depth, which I couldn't say about KMac.

Exactly, I find his situation very odd, though the fact that he has been overlooked by three managers now suggests there is something about him that isn't favoured. However, as I said before I genuinely can't recall a poor performance from him even if he never set the world alight.
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on December 17, 2019, 12:46:43 AM
It doesn't seem that long ago that he tore us apart at CC playing for wolves
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: hongkongfulham on December 17, 2019, 01:23:16 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on December 16, 2019, 11:44:50 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 16, 2019, 09:52:21 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on December 16, 2019, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 16, 2019, 08:34:13 PM
A surely we kept Cisse for this kind of DM injury crisis.

I would actually pick Cisse over KMac if the two were available. Still haven't seen Cisse put in a poor performance to be honest! KMac is playing as if he were 41 instead of 31 if the last year is anything to go by!

Cisse plays well in the African Cup and never gets a run for Fulham even in the PL2. A year ago he started in the premier league and didn't look completely out of his depth, which I couldn't say about KMac.

Exactly, I find his situation very odd, though the fact that he has been overlooked by three managers now suggests there is something about him that isn't favoured. However, as I said before I genuinely can't recall a poor performance from him even if he never set the world alight.

Tend to agree, always looked tidy
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: love4ffc on December 17, 2019, 02:35:04 AM
It is odd.  Like he is being frozen out.  I know he is slower then others in the holding position but he always played it well.  Acting like a 5th defender at times.  Basically the same roll that Harry plays. 
Title: Re: KEVIN MACDONALD
Post by: hovewhite on December 17, 2019, 06:26:23 AM
Don't know why Cisse is not in the mix