Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Sammyffc on September 02, 2023, 06:23:17 PM

Title: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Sammyffc on September 02, 2023, 06:23:17 PM
Shahid recently wiped another 15m worth of debt by converting loans into shares recently, following his 250m bailout in 2022 which were 151m of loans into shares and pumping another 93m in financial support.

I for one am thankful that we have an owner who does this and doesnt absolutely fleece us with debt.

Kieran Maguire ( finance expert) snippet here about how fulham are run, however i believe the rest is on a podcast somewhere

https://www.footballinsider247.com/kieran-maguire-drops-shahid-khan-verdict-after-13m-fulham-reveal/ (https://www.footballinsider247.com/kieran-maguire-drops-shahid-khan-verdict-after-13m-fulham-reveal/)
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Penfold on September 02, 2023, 06:33:11 PM
So we constantly run huge debts but it's converted to capital. Nothing to be proud of?
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Ruislip White on September 02, 2023, 06:40:53 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on September 02, 2023, 06:23:17 PMShahid recently wiped another 15m worth of debt by converting loans into shares recently, following his 250m bailout in 2022 which were 151m of loans into shares and pumping another 93m in financial support.

I for one am thankful that we have an owner who does this and doesnt absolutely fleece us with debt.

Kieran Maguire ( finance expert) snippet here about how fulham are run, however i believe the rest is on a podcast somewhere

https://www.footballinsider247.com/kieran-maguire-drops-shahid-khan-verdict-after-13m-fulham-reveal/ (https://www.footballinsider247.com/kieran-maguire-drops-shahid-khan-verdict-after-13m-fulham-reveal/)
Thanks for sharing.  Fans are sometimes unaware of these points and transfer activity is often the main/only indicator of how good or bad an owner is.
We have excellent owners.  The debt to equity swaps, investment into academy, stadium and training facilities can't be underestimated.
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Sammyffc on September 02, 2023, 06:41:47 PM
Quote from: Penfold on September 02, 2023, 06:33:11 PMSo we constantly run huge debts but it's converted to capital. Nothing to be proud of?

Agreed however its better than being saddled with debt and just paying off interest like the majority of clubs.

As a club we need to do more to push revenue but the general public can only do so much. Itll be even worse come 26 when the gambling sponsor ban comes into play.

Id assume FlexnGate would have to come in and offset a big loss from those sponsorships.

Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 06:49:31 PM
We may have an excellent owner but whether we have an excellent DOF is a different question. I get rather fed up with people talking about the " Khans" as some sort of collective. There is an owner  and a son who has certain responsibilities . I never lump the two together because it doesn't really make sense to do so.

I believe that our strategy during this window was floored. Of course it wasn't the Club' s fault that the Saudis came in and muddied the waters . However sticking to a risky buy late for value was, in my opinion , negligent. I do not lay that on the owner's shoulders but on the man whose responsibility it is

Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 06:49:31 PMWe may have an excellent owner but whether we have an excellent DOF is a different question. I get rather fed up with people talking about the " Khans" as some sort of collective. There is an owner  and a son who has certain responsibilities . I never lump the two together because it doesn't really make sense to do so.

I believe that our strategy during this window was floored. Of course it wasn't the Club' s fault that the Saudis came in and muddied the waters . However sticking to a risky buy late for value was, in my opinion , negligent. I do not lay that on the owner's shoulders but on the man whose responsibility it is

MS has stated what the strategy was several times in his press conferences.
He said that he'd agreed on the list of targets and the club was trying to sign them.
He also said that other clubs pursuit of our players had disrupted the process.
There is nothing to do when the players we want to sign don't want to sign or the clubs do not want to sell

Director of Football is a job title - what do you think it means ?
TK does not do scouting, but his software companies data is used to assess signings as one of the three ticks.
AM and the scouting team do the rest and have a tick as does MS, which makes three.

You seem to have a pop at TK on every thread, no matter what the subject
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 08:12:17 PM
Quote from: Penfold on September 02, 2023, 06:33:11 PMSo we constantly run huge debts but it's converted to capital. Nothing to be proud of?
Building a new stand and the works to the training ground are Capital Projects so would appear in the Balance Sheet and not in the Profit an Loss Account. The are in effect an investment and raising the funds by the sale of shares is what a lot of companies do to finance Capital Investment.

Is there something wrong with that or to be ashamed of ?
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Twig on September 02, 2023, 08:25:39 PM
You do realise that a debt swop for shares changes little? It's basically a tax efficient arrangement for our owner but the club's liabilities don't really change.
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Sammyffc on September 02, 2023, 08:35:03 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 02, 2023, 08:25:39 PMYou do realise that a debt swop for shares changes little? It's basically a tax efficient arrangement for our owner but the club's liabilities don't really change.

Yes, however Swissramble had a great deep dive into our finances last year. Notably that because Shad has converted so much into capital FFC's gross debt was circa 1m. The smallest amount of debt in the league.

Money ' written off ' per Swiss by shad has been around 441m.
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 08:56:58 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 02, 2023, 08:25:39 PMYou do realise that a debt swop for shares changes little? It's basically a tax efficient arrangement for our owner but the club's liabilities don't really change.
Oh
The club liabilities reduce by the amount that is converted into shares. They are no longer liable to repay it or pay interest. It is no longer a debt.

What doesn't change is the fact that he's handed over circa £400m in recent years.
He's probably spending near to that amount on his new super yacht.
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 09:03:05 PM
Roberty "You seem to have a pop at TK on every thread, no matter what the subject"

For the avoidance of doubt, and politely, may I suggest you get your facts right before spouting such bilge
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: MickTheBeard on September 02, 2023, 09:17:14 PM
I think as most fulham fans would agree its the wrong headlines.It should say,  Fulham are the worst run club.
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: BestOfBrede on September 02, 2023, 09:30:15 PM
Quote from: MickTheBeard on September 02, 2023, 09:17:14 PMI think as most fulham fans would agree its the wrong headlines.It should say,  Fulham are the worst run club.
:slap:
Put that as there's no gun o the head available!
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 09:37:51 PM
I'm going to sit in my very expensive riverside seat and look at the balance sheet - what happiness ! What joy? What t F ?
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: H4usuallysitting on September 02, 2023, 09:46:14 PM
Have a look at what manure's owner's have done..... they've actively put their club into huge debt - to pay dividends
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 09:59:06 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 02, 2023, 09:46:14 PMHave a look at what manure's owner's have done..... they've actively put their club into huge debt - to pay dividends
They financed their purchase of the club with loans, using the club as collateral
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Matt10 on September 02, 2023, 10:32:50 PM
Quote from: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 06:49:31 PMWe may have an excellent owner but whether we have an excellent DOF is a different question. I get rather fed up with people talking about the " Khans" as some sort of collective. There is an owner  and a son who has certain responsibilities . I never lump the two together because it doesn't really make sense to do so.

I believe that our strategy during this window was floored. Of course it wasn't the Club' s fault that the Saudis came in and muddied the waters . However sticking to a risky buy late for value was, in my opinion , negligent. I do not lay that on the owner's shoulders but on the man whose responsibility it is

MS has stated what the strategy was several times in his press conferences.
He said that he'd agreed on the list of targets and the club was trying to sign them.
He also said that other clubs pursuit of our players had disrupted the process.
There is nothing to do when the players we want to sign don't want to sign or the clubs do not want to sell

Director of Football is a job title - what do you think it means ?
TK does not do scouting, but his software companies data is used to assess signings as one of the three ticks.
AM and the scouting team do the rest and have a tick as does MS, which makes three.

You seem to have a pop at TK on every thread, no matter what the subject


Well said. I imagine there was a time when TK did the scouting and signings. I think he probably delegates so much more than before too. The argument that he needs to be onsite just doesn't make sense either and is a narrative I see a lot. Business is done on the phone, via text, and even email is a bit ancient. I'm sure Ali Mac is given a min/max on each transfer target, with TK being the final approval when everything is signed. Honestly, what more does he need to do?

I feel that even if he was onsite, like he was for a couple years, it wouldn't matter.
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Motspur on September 02, 2023, 10:47:25 PM
You buy a house for £170k.     The market increases value to £800k


You spend £150k sprucing it up and overall improvements

Heho - £480k profit. Simples
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 09:03:05 PMRoberty "You seem to have a pop at TK on every thread, no matter what the subject"

For the avoidance of doubt, and politely, may I suggest you get your facts right before spouting such bilge
I apologise - on every thread - was an unnecessary hyperbole
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: HV71 on September 03, 2023, 05:50:23 AM
Quote from: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 09:03:05 PMRoberty "You seem to have a pop at TK on every thread, no matter what the subject"

For the avoidance of doubt, and politely, may I suggest you get your facts right before spouting such bilge
I apologise - on every thread - was an unnecessary hyperbole

Thank you - accepted and much appreciated . I was angry because I have given TK credit especially last year. I realise others don't agree but I do think that the strategy was floored given the unprecedented circumstances . I suppose I'm asking who is responsible for making that decision ? Having run a mult- million pound company - I think that the job title does have to carry the can . In my case it would have been me.
Anyway we all just want the best for FFC - and we all would go about it differently .Thanks again Roberty
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: Deadcowboys on September 03, 2023, 08:41:19 AM
Quote from: HV71 on September 03, 2023, 05:50:23 AM
Quote from: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 09:03:05 PMRoberty "You seem to have a pop at TK on every thread, no matter what the subject"

For the avoidance of doubt, and politely, may I suggest you get your facts right before spouting such bilge
I apologise - on every thread - was an unnecessary hyperbole

Thank you - accepted and much appreciated . I was angry because I have given TK credit especially last year. I realise others don't agree but I do think that the strategy was floored given the unprecedented circumstances . I suppose I'm asking who is responsible for making that decision ? Having run a mult- million pound company - I think that the job title does have to carry the can . In my case it would have been me.
Anyway we all just want the best for FFC - and we all would go about it differently .Thanks again Roberty

Run a million pound company? Well, I guess the strategy ended up on the floor in the end but think that is different from being flawed!
Title: Re: Fulham one of the best financially run clubs
Post by: HV71 on September 03, 2023, 08:44:50 AM
Damn predictive text !! Must remember to check ! Yet another error