Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: South Coast White on January 17, 2026, 05:14:26 PM

Title: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: South Coast White on January 17, 2026, 05:14:26 PM
Well this,time last season we started a bad run of results, please don't let's go there again
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: RAY Rock on January 17, 2026, 05:15:55 PM
We had 0 attack today we need to sign players .
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: Chi_FFC on January 17, 2026, 05:17:55 PM
This isn't true. We won in match week 22 last season (unlike today) and would go on to win 3 of our next 5
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: demeant0r on January 17, 2026, 05:21:53 PM
Yes, I remember our bad run started with Friggin' Palace.
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: ArcticOctopus on January 17, 2026, 05:28:59 PM
Quote from: RAY Rock on January 17, 2026, 05:15:55 PMWe had 0 attack today we need to sign players .

We really don't though.

Kevin
Raul
Muniz
Wilson
Chukwueze
Iwobi
ESR

All have 5-10 g+a in them per season. Harry is the player with the strongest form right now and he was producing nothing. We have people still out right now and the tactics weren't really working with the players we had on the pitch.
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: Coastwalker on January 17, 2026, 05:56:30 PM
Love Crosby Stills Nash & Young. ::thumb::
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: SimonDaviesEnjoyer on January 17, 2026, 06:03:30 PM
No I don't think so. No need to panic, just a bad day at the office and some slightly weird tactics.
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: MickTheBeard on January 17, 2026, 10:50:11 PM
Quote from: Coastwalker on January 17, 2026, 05:56:30 PMLove Crosby Stills Nash & Young. ::thumb::
yes I almost cut my hair and did it my way
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: H4usuallysitting on January 17, 2026, 11:28:44 PM
With a full & fit squad we don't really need any players in January
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: RAY Rock on January 18, 2026, 10:44:58 AM
ESR and Lukic just got injured no such thing as a fully fit squad.  Why do Fulham fans want to coast through each season instead of calling out the deficiencies in the team. Kevin isn't getting better he is a rabbit caught in the headlights who isn't suited to the Premier league.  JKA is a complete novice and should be nowhere near the bench for games . Silva's tactics and changing of personal is infuriating at times . We need a striker and a central midfielder and possibly a winger if Adama leaves. I want to kick on and we need new blood to do it. ::scarf::
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: fulhamfever on January 18, 2026, 11:06:35 AM
After the run we been on a loss was forthcoming every fulham fan knows that. Now after a bad run we need to win at home next weekend against the Albion.

I fully expect a response and I can see 2 incoming players and Traore leaving. I can see us signing someone on loan and a cheap player for £15 million.
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: Cobh Fulham Fan on January 18, 2026, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: RAY Rock on January 18, 2026, 10:44:58 AMESR and Lukic just got injured no such thing as a fully fit squad.  Why do Fulham fans want to coast through each season instead of calling out the deficiencies in the team. Kevin isn't getting better he is a rabbit caught in the headlights who isn't suited to the Premier league.  JKA is a complete novice and should be nowhere near the bench for games . Silva's tactics and changing of personal is infuriating at times . We need a striker and a central midfielder and possibly a winger if Adama leaves. I want to kick on and we need new blood to do it. ::scarf::
This time last week Silva was best manager in the league and must sign a new contract soon. Oh' how fickle and what can change in a week.
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: alfie on January 18, 2026, 11:53:00 AM
Quote from: MickTheBeard on January 17, 2026, 10:50:11 PM
Quote from: Coastwalker on January 17, 2026, 05:56:30 PMLove Crosby Stills Nash & Young. ::thumb::
yes I almost cut my hair and did it my way
Don't want to be pedantic but the actual lyric was

" Almost cut my hair
It happened just the other day
It's gettin' kinda long"

Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: andyk on January 18, 2026, 12:13:31 PM
We need a good, Premier League level,  Centre Forward.  That's all until the end of season.
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: alfie on January 18, 2026, 12:18:22 PM
Quote from: andyk on January 18, 2026, 12:13:31 PMWe need a good, Premier League level,  Centre Forward.  That's all until the end of season.
Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: Hatch007 on January 18, 2026, 01:45:15 PM
Quote from: andyk on January 18, 2026, 12:13:31 PMWe need a good, Premier League level,  Centre Forward.  That's all until the end of season.
Which one would you sign from the plethora available and all at reasonable fees?
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: andyk on January 18, 2026, 04:27:23 PM
Quote from: Hatch007 on January 18, 2026, 01:45:15 PM
Quote from: andyk on January 18, 2026, 12:13:31 PMWe need a good, Premier League level,  Centre Forward.  That's all until the end of season.
Which one would you sign from the plethora available and all at reasonable fees?

Doesn't need to be a first teamer, or even at a Prem League club.  Someone like Troy Parrot or Fofana. Just someone who can back up Raul. There are dozens of strikers, not getting first team opportunities or playing across Europe. The current back up doesn't seem to be up to much.
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: Woolly Mammoth on January 18, 2026, 09:49:26 PM
Teams rarely have a fully fit squad at any time.
It often happens that as a player becomes available after recovering from injury, another player becomes unavailable after getting injured
That is football, it's a revolving door. That is why there is always room for an additional player or two.
You never know what's round the corner.
Any club that has ambitions will always keep the door open for players to improve the quality of the team.
Otherwise if you stand still you get overtaken.
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: Super Mick on January 18, 2026, 10:25:39 PM
Quote from: ArcticOctopus on January 17, 2026, 05:28:59 PM
Quote from: RAY Rock on January 17, 2026, 05:15:55 PMWe had 0 attack today we need to sign players .

We really don't though.

Kevin
Raul
Muniz
Wilson
Chukwueze
Iwobi
ESR

All have 5-10 g+a in them per season. Harry is the player with the strongest form right now and he was producing nothing. We have people still out right now and the tactics weren't really working with the players we had on the pitch.

Why is Silva saying we need 3 new signings then?
Title: Re: Deja vu, I hope not
Post by: ArcticOctopus on January 19, 2026, 01:30:18 AM
Quote from: Super Mick on January 18, 2026, 10:25:39 PM
Quote from: ArcticOctopus on January 17, 2026, 05:28:59 PM
Quote from: RAY Rock on January 17, 2026, 05:15:55 PMWe had 0 attack today we need to sign players .

We really don't though.

Kevin
Raul
Muniz
Wilson
Chukwueze
Iwobi
ESR

All have 5-10 g+a in them per season. Harry is the player with the strongest form right now and he was producing nothing. We have people still out right now and the tactics weren't really working with the players we had on the pitch.

Why is Silva saying we need 3 new signings then?

Don't know. Obviously I'm not the paid professional but really the only signing I think we need is some creative competition in the midfield. Especially if we can resign some of our star players this season. I've said it in other threads but our problem last year really wasn't our player quality, it was our inability to break down a low block. And we shouldn't need players worth 40 million to do that.