It makes absolutely no sense to me now why for the remaining 5 games we would have Harry Wilson in the starting eleven, he's clearly off so let's take him out of the shop window and start to plan for next season,
We've got Samuel Chukwueze with us on a try before you buy loan deal so let's try him in his favoured wide right position, I'm not totally sold him yet so let's start him for 5 games to see how he gets on .
It's,a fair point
I think you're saying drop a player with the best stats in the club, and in the top 10 of the premier league
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 23, 2026, 04:30:41 PMI think you're saying drop a player with the best stats in the club, and in the top 10 of the premier league
Yes drop your best - because all we want , as Fulham fans, is to be bang average.
What a narrative you create C Block
Priceless and pointless - in my opinion
Quote from: C Block on April 23, 2026, 04:27:36 PMIt makes absolutely no sense to me now why for the remaining 5 games we would have Harry Wilson in the starting eleven, he's clearly off so let's take him out of the shop window and start to plan for next season,
We've got Samuel Chukwueze with us on a try before you buy loan deal so let's try him in his favoured wide right position, I'm not totally sold him yet so let's start him for 5 games to see how he gets on .
I can see some logic in this - but only if you are right that Harry will be leaving us. As he hasn't yet confirmed that, then it might push him into going rather than staying.
People have small memories he only did well this season he did not achieve as much the other seasons he actually scored more on other loans.
It's a fair point, he's been poor the last couple of games as have a few players, but lets face it he's not going to be full on as he'll want to stay free from injury for an upcoming medical with Villa plus he'll want Villa to stay as high up in the PL as possible.
He's been great the last season and a half on and off and scored some important and amazing goals, but maybe its a very good shout.
If Harry wants Villa he has a great opportunity to impress Unai Emery this Saturday. It wouldn't surprise me if he put in an improved performance when compared to recent games.
Quote from: MickTheBeard on April 23, 2026, 06:31:46 PMPeople have small memories he only did well this season he did not achieve as much the other seasons he actually scored more on other loans.
Him having a very good season is definitely not sensible
Not sure Chuck is going to be a good RW. Also Wilson is out main goal threat
Quote from: Whitestone on April 23, 2026, 06:49:27 PMIf Harry wants Villa he has a great opportunity to impress Unai Emery this Saturday. It wouldn't surprise me if he put in an improved performance when compared to recent games.
Alternatively he's hoping Aston Villa get Champions League football.
I still think he is waiting to get an offer from Wrexham if they are promoted
Playing Wilson makes sense so we can finish higher up the table to get the extra prize money. Any game we can get 3 points will likely finish us one place higher and give us an extra £3 million to replace Wilson with.
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 23, 2026, 04:30:41 PMI think you're saying drop a player with the best stats in the club, and in the top 10 of the premier league
::scarf:: ::wine:: but not the best stats since Wales lost the world cup.
Wilson's form has dropped dramatically in recent months otherwise I too would be ridiculing the suggestion. However I'm not so sure that playing Chuck on his preferred side is any sort of a downgrade now and might actually freshen things up a bit. Plus it makes sense to see him in that role. Right now I would welcome it.
Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 24, 2026, 05:55:45 AMPlaying Wilson makes sense so we can finish higher up the table to get the extra prize money. Any game we can get 3 points will likely finish us one place higher and give us an extra £3 million to replace Wilson with.
You are making no case whatsoever for us signing Samuel Chukwueze, are you saying that we should decline the chance to sign him in the summer?
You clearly think he's not good enough to replace him, I'm not sure what you've based that on as I've not seen enough of him in his preferred position, which is kinda my original point.
Quote from: C Block on April 24, 2026, 02:20:05 PMQuote from: The Rational Fan on April 24, 2026, 05:55:45 AMPlaying Wilson makes sense so we can finish higher up the table to get the extra prize money. Any game we can get 3 points will likely finish us one place higher and give us an extra £3 million to replace Wilson with.
You are making no case whatsoever for us signing Samuel Chukwueze, are you saying that we should decline the chance to sign him in the summer?
You clearly think he's not good enough to replace him, I'm not sure what you've based that on as I've not seen enough of him in his preferred position, which is kinda my original point.
And as I said, Wilson's form is poor anyway so how does playing him guarantee a higher finish in the table? Have to say on a purely pragmatic basis I'm with you on this one.
Quote from: MickTheBeard on April 23, 2026, 06:31:46 PMPeople have small memories he only did well this season he did not achieve as much the other seasons he actually scored more on other loans.
Well your memory is clearly playing tricks.
In 22, he scored 11 and assisted 21 times. For Fulham.
It's pretty clear that when he plays he delivers but his stats are remarkably similar bar that one exceptional season:
25-26- 10 gls/6 assists- 2643 mins (165 mins per goal involvement)
24-25- 6 gls/2 assists- 1323 mins (165 mins pgi)
23-24- 5 gls/10 assists- 2039 mins (135 mins pgi)
22-23- 3 gls/ 5 assists- 1414 mins (176 mins pgi)
21-22-
11 gls/21 assists- 3591 mins (112 mins pgi)
At Cardiff 7 gls/ 12 assists- 3038 mins (159 mins pgi)
Bournemouth 7 gls/ 2 assists- 1935 (215 mins pgi)
Derby 18 gls/ 6 assists- 4059 mins (169 mins pgi)
Leaving him out is mad in my opinion, we need to finish as high as possible. Wilson will help us do that.
Quote from: Jim© on April 24, 2026, 03:14:50 PMQuote from: MickTheBeard on April 23, 2026, 06:31:46 PMPeople have small memories he only did well this season he did not achieve as much the other seasons he actually scored more on other loans.
Well your memory is clearly playing tricks.
In 22, he scored 11 and assisted 21 times. For Fulham.
It's pretty clear that when he plays he delivers but his stats are remarkably similar bar that one exceptional season:
25-26- 10 gls/6 assists- 2643 mins (165 mins per goal involvement)
24-25- 6 gls/2 assists- 1323 mins (165 mins pgi)
23-24- 5 gls/10 assists- 2039 mins (135 mins pgi)
22-23- 3 gls/ 5 assists- 1414 mins (176 mins pgi)
21-22- 11 gls/21 assists- 3591 mins (112 mins pgi)
At Cardiff 7 gls/ 12 assists- 3038 mins (159 mins pgi)
Bournemouth 7 gls/ 2 assists- 1935 (215 mins pgi)
Derby 18 gls/ 6 assists- 4059 mins (169 mins pgi)
Leaving him out is mad in my opinion, we need to finish as high as possible. Wilson will help us do that.
21-22 was the championship so you would expect him to be scoring and assisting qiven the quality of the teams but from a goal scoring point of view he really hasn't set the world alight in the previous 3 seasons. This is clearly his best season since he's been with us maybe if he'd performed at this season's level he would be worth signing in for another year or two but there's no guarantee that he can keep it up.
Quote from: cookieg on April 24, 2026, 04:29:23 PMQuote from: Jim© on April 24, 2026, 03:14:50 PMQuote from: MickTheBeard on April 23, 2026, 06:31:46 PMPeople have small memories he only did well this season he did not achieve as much the other seasons he actually scored more on other loans.
Well your memory is clearly playing tricks.
In 22, he scored 11 and assisted 21 times. For Fulham.
It's pretty clear that when he plays he delivers but his stats are remarkably similar bar that one exceptional season:
25-26- 10 gls/6 assists- 2643 mins (165 mins per goal involvement)
24-25- 6 gls/2 assists- 1323 mins (165 mins pgi)
23-24- 5 gls/10 assists- 2039 mins (135 mins pgi)
22-23- 3 gls/ 5 assists- 1414 mins (176 mins pgi)
21-22- 11 gls/21 assists- 3591 mins (112 mins pgi)
At Cardiff 7 gls/ 12 assists- 3038 mins (159 mins pgi)
Bournemouth 7 gls/ 2 assists- 1935 (215 mins pgi)
Derby 18 gls/ 6 assists- 4059 mins (169 mins pgi)
Leaving him out is mad in my opinion, we need to finish as high as possible. Wilson will help us do that.
21-22 was the championship so you would expect him to be scoring and assisting qiven the quality of the teams but from a goal scoring point of view he really hasn't set the world alight in the previous 3 seasons. This is clearly his best season since he's been with us maybe if he'd performed at this season's level he would be worth signing in for another year or two but there's no guarantee that he can keep it up.
Agreed that it was the championship, but I'm not sure anyone has ever matched those figures even in the Tigana season?
If you compare the goal involvements per minute played, this season is identical to last and not quite as good as the one before.
Quote from: C Block on April 23, 2026, 04:27:36 PMIt makes absolutely no sense to me now why for the remaining 5 games we would have Harry Wilson in the starting eleven, he's clearly off so let's take him out of the shop window and start to plan for next season,
We've got Samuel Chukwueze with us on a try before you buy loan deal so let's try him in his favoured wide right position, I'm not totally sold him yet so let's start him for 5 games to see how he gets on .
Stand by what I said, Harry "I'm Off" Wilson shouldn't start another game for us, we look a mess and we must start preparing for next season or we're going to be in real trouble.
Quote from: C Block on May 02, 2026, 10:17:37 PMQuote from: C Block on April 23, 2026, 04:27:36 PMIt makes absolutely no sense to me now why for the remaining 5 games we would have Harry Wilson in the starting eleven, he's clearly off so let's take him out of the shop window and start to plan for next season,
We've got Samuel Chukwueze with us on a try before you buy loan deal so let's try him in his favoured wide right position, I'm not totally sold him yet so let's start him for 5 games to see how he gets on .
Stand by what I said, Harry "I'm Off" Wilson shouldn't start another game for us, we look a mess and we must start preparing for next season or we're going to be in real trouble.
To be honest was half way through first half before I realised he was on the pitch.
On current form I don't think Wilson is an automatic starter. I'd rather see Chuckwueze given an opportunity in his preferred position. I guess it all depends who is fit for the Bournemouth game. That will determine who plays where. Hopefully Iwobi will be back.
Funny how he's looked so good this season when he's at the end of his contract? 🤔
Quote from: Whitestone on May 03, 2026, 11:34:45 AMOn current form I don't think Wilson is an automatic starter. I'd rather see Chuckwueze given an opportunity in his preferred position. I guess it all depends who is fit for the Bournemouth game. That will determine who plays where. Hopefully Iwobi will be back.
I'm not sure what some are failing to understand, it's absolutely imperative that we see Chukwueze and Oscar Bobb in their preferred position before the season ends,
The time to try something different is now not August.
No more Wilson.
Is there anybody left on here that still thinks Harry Wilson should play in the two remaining games ?
As I've said previously, let's see players given a chance that are going to be here next season and let's see them in their preferred position,
It makes no sense to give game time to a player that clearly doesn't want to be here .
Quote from: C Block on May 10, 2026, 12:25:28 PMIs there anybody left on here that still thinks Harry Wilson should play in the two remaining games ?
As I've said previously, let's see players given a chance that are going to be here next season and let's see them in their preferred position,
It makes no sense to give game time to a player that clearly doesn't want to be here .
I haven't seen anything saying he doesn't want to be here, surely like you, me and every working person will look at other options during careers.
Quote from: alfie on May 10, 2026, 12:35:44 PMQuote from: C Block on May 10, 2026, 12:25:28 PMIs there anybody left on here that still thinks Harry Wilson should play in the two remaining games ?
As I've said previously, let's see players given a chance that are going to be here next season and let's see them in their preferred position,
It makes no sense to give game time to a player that clearly doesn't want to be here .
I haven't seen anything saying he doesn't want to be here, surely like you, me and every working person will look at other options during careers.
Harry's been excellent this season but for the last few matches that I've seen him play that form has dropped off. Even against villa he screwed up a shot on goal when a simple pass had jimenez on for a certain goal.
So on the basis of form alone it's probably better to start Chucky on the right, Kevin on the left and let's see how they play.
I think his downturn in performance has more to do with Wales than the end of his contract. Both from a fatigue and emotional perspective.
Personally I think it's time to go Kevin-King-Bobb behind the striker. The European chances are likely gone. The three of them (along with ESR) are the future. It's not like the club are prolific with the current starting attack anyways.
I like Chuk, but like Wilson and Raul their future's are not fixed with the club.
I don't really give a Sh1t why Wilson's form has dipped or whether he wants to be here or not. All I know is that his form is rubbish. On that basis alone play Chuck and Bobb in their preferred positions. For me that is a no brainer.