I thought he (as usual) ran his socks off yesterday and if Harry had played the obvious ball to him in the second half, most likely would have scored too.
Some folks around us mentioned he's off at the end of the season. I've not seen or heard anything to suggest he is so can anyone enlighten me?
Personally, I think he is definitely worth another season with us. Blokes a legend 👍
Correct if I'm wrong but I thought the club have publicly decided not to extend/renew his contract. Possibly a mutual decision?
Quote from: Whitestone on April 26, 2026, 09:57:27 AMCorrect if I'm wrong but I thought the club have publicly decided not to extend/renew his contract. Possibly a mutual decision?
If so, that's a real shame.
Quote from: Whitestone on April 26, 2026, 09:57:27 AMCorrect if I'm wrong but I thought the club have publicly decided not to extend/renew his contract. Possibly a mutual decision?
I didn't know that, shame if true asi think he would be an ideal second striker. Personally I think we should also sell Muniz and bite the expensive bullet of buying a new first choice striker.
Hope we extend him for another season even give him a pay rise as we have no other option on yesterday's performance!
I don't think they've publically announced it, but it was in the tabloids that he's not going to be renewed.
I think if Marco renews, we'll keep Muniz. If not, then it's up to the new manager.
Whatever happens we need another striker/goal scorer preferably one who would be first choice. Muniz is just not a natural goal scorer his instinct to be in the right place unfortunately isn't there. He is a handful for defenders but if we want to push forward we really need sniffer type player to put away some of the chances we manage to create. Whether one of the two current pair goes we must be looking to strengthen there even though we know that wont be cheap.
Quote from: Beamer on April 26, 2026, 12:36:20 PMWhatever happens we need another striker/goal scorer preferably one who would be first choice. Muniz is just not a natural goal scorer his instinct to be in the right place unfortunately isn't there. He is a handful for defenders but if we want to push forward we really need sniffer type player to put away some of the chances we manage to create. Whether one of the two current pair goes we must be looking to strengthen there even though we know that wont be cheap.
Agreed ...he only cost £8mill and has a reasonable scoring record to make him a useful back-up striker. But we need to discover a young 'Raul'
He's doing a great job but he's not getting any younger, he's on a massive salary and I have a feeling he's aiming for a great WC before a move home.
As good as he is we need a younger, more prolific scorer to move up a level as 4 of his 9 goals this season have been penalties.
Mitro in comparison scored 14 goals in his last full season and I believe scored only one pen.
I would love a ten years younger Raul. He is absolute quality, and I think we could get another year or two out of him if he wante to stay.
I would keep Raul as a final 10 mins "need a goal, bring him on" player for as long as his legs can keep him upright.
Buying a striker this summer should be priority number 1.
Quote from: Milo on April 26, 2026, 04:31:25 PMI would keep Raul as a final 10 mins "need a goal, bring him on" player for as long as his legs can keep him upright.
Buying a striker this summer should be priority number 1.
I think most would , if money were no object.
But reality is we can't pay someone 100k pw + to do that unless we move on other big earners and replace them with ceaper. So unless he miraculously accepts to half his wage, he's likely going to move on.
Were already rumoured to be tight on wage bill when it comes to SCR and we need to make way for Pepi + a central midfielder on top of what we already have...
Plus then replace RB and CB if Castagne and Diop depart, and bring in a LW if Wilson moves on
I might be in the minority here, but I think you have to cut ties with some of these 'older' players, albeit 'fan favorites'. This club needs to move forward and bring in some new talent. Yes, some has been brought in with King, Bobb, Kevin, ESR. But hanging on to fan faves is just not gonna improve this team. We've already given TC another year deal, which I think is a mistake and waste of a roster spot. Don't get me wrong, TC and Jimenez (and Reed) were players I have liked a lot, great servants to the team, but FFC needs to move on. I'd bid farewell to Reed, Jimenez and TC in my world.
What an asset though a player that doesn't miss pens,that won't be easy to replace !
I will miss Raul.
Vipotnik from Swansea...
If possible we should definitely keep him
He's not good enough. We should move on. 5 non penalty goals in 2085 minutes is bad. He has 5 non penalty goals on 8.09 non penalty xG. That is atrocious finishing. On top of that he is on big wages and he is old and will be playing in the World Cup this Summer so he is going to be worn down. At his age, he is not going to get better. It's only a decline.
Yes, he is probably the best penalty taker in the world but you can't keep an underperforming player on the pitch just in case you get a penalty.
He's done great while he was here especially for his price but it's time to move on.
Quote from: btffc on April 26, 2026, 11:29:22 PMYes, he is probably the best penalty taker in the world but you can't keep an underperforming player on the pitch just in case you get a penalty.
I think that's a bit harsh. He offers more than just goals. He links up well with others and is really good off the ball.
That being said, unless he's happy to be on low salary and a 3rd choice option, I think it's time to let him go and get a younger striker to replace him. Preferably an out and out goalscorer, as our wingers(bar Wilson, who might not even be at the club next season) aren't exactly prolific, so we need our strikers to get the goals.
Yes. Raul's been a great asset for Fulham.
And no-one is going to beat his penalty record for us anytime soon
But he (probably) can't keep this 100% spot kick record record going forever.
Maybe it's time for him to leave while on top and get somebody else to take the pens (though tbh I've got no idea who... Muniz, anyone?)
Quote from: v on April 27, 2026, 01:26:34 AMYes. Raul's been a great asset for Fulham.
And no-one is going to beat his penalty record for us anytime soon
But he (probably) can't keep this 100% spot kick record record going forever.
Maybe it's time for him to leave while on top and get somebody else to take the pens (though tbh I've got no idea who... Muniz, anyone?)
Sasa takes a good pen i believe, SL will know (he knows everything).
Quote from: Kimbleman on April 26, 2026, 09:51:13 AMI thought he (as usual) ran his socks off yesterday and if Harry had played the obvious ball to him in the second half, most likely would have scored too.
Some folks around us mentioned he's off at the end of the season. I've not seen or heard anything to suggest he is so can anyone enlighten me?
Personally, I think he is definitely worth another season with us. Blokes a legend 👍
Only a few months ago, there were some FOF members questioning why he was even on the team sheet. How fickle some fans are. The outstanding Jiminez is an icon back in his home country of Mexico where he has been capped 123 caps for the national team and can still mix it in the top-flight of English football. He is going back to his native country after this year's World Cup and won't be returning to Fulham. That's the answer to your question. It should be a reminder to anyone who misguidedly thinks any player who hits 30 or over is ready for the scrap heap. They should think again. Kane, Modric, Vardy, Lewandowski and Ronaldo and plenty of other players around Europe as well as North and South America are shining examples of age is no barrier.
Raul was excellent and one thing he has over Muniz is his movement, he's always on the move, which makes him tricky to mark. Muniz is often too static.
Quote from: Bassey the warrior on April 27, 2026, 08:28:54 AMRaul was excellent and one thing he has over Muniz is his movement, he's always on the move, which makes him tricky to mark. Muniz is often too static.
Just the one thing!!
I will never forget Raul's back heel at The Etihad last season that set up for Pereira to put us ahead. ::thumb::
Quote from: Bassey the warrior on April 27, 2026, 08:28:54 AMRaul was excellent and one thing he has over Muniz is his movement, he's always on the move, which makes him tricky to mark. Muniz is often too static.
Yes!! loved that goal, also the backheel goal against Forest stands out for me.
Raul's class and at this moment in time, I'd be keeping him over Muniz and bring someone in (i'd probably keep Kusu Asare too).
Must be a bit of a cult figure back in mexico, saw a good few mexican shirted fans walking back through Bishop's Park.
Quote from: iansthailand on April 27, 2026, 01:54:50 AMSasa takes a good pen i believe, SL will know (he knows everything).
Yes, he never missed a penalty in his career, regular time or shoot-outs. Scored 3 or 4 in shoot-outs with Fulham too, as well as one in a pre-season friendly.
He's not the only one, we seem to have a lot of good penalty takers at the moment.