Author Topic: Last laugh over Warnock  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Statto

• Gentleman Jim
  • Test
Last laugh over Warnock
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:29:30 PM »
Warnock is a dire Premier League manager having humiliated himself at that level with several clubs.

If he gets Cardiff up this year it will be with the same brand of long ball football, cheating and abusing people that he's been taught the hard way doesn't work in the Premier League.

The silver lining to Cardiff going up this year will be that Warnock in charge, they'll come straight back down. Ideally we'll go up with them and that will be a helpful 6 points for us in our own battle around the middle of the table.

My only concern is he may finally have learned his limits and he may resign in the summer.

Offline The Old Count

• Legend
Re: Last laugh over Warnock
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »
As long as Referees in the Championship allow the thuggery, blatant fouling and other dubious tactics employed by Colin's and other similar teams there will allways be clubs happy to play 'non football' to get to the Premier League.

Offline HV71

• Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »
If we do manage to get back to the premier league then I really do think we have a chance. Brighton Huddersfield and Newcastle May well survive and I would back ourselves and Wolves to compete at this level . Cardiff and Colin will capitulate - no chance

Offline Jimsbeerbelly

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »
I'd rather have the last laugh pipping him to 2nd, preferably on the last day, or a game before. Not confident of doing anything in the playoffs.

Offline bog

• cebu
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 05:17:23 PM »
Last week when he slipped to third Colin was spouting how he preferred to be the hunter and not the hunted.....well Colin you are being hunted now.

092.gif

Offline TerryR

• Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 05:20:15 PM »
The last laugh is getting promoted and staying up
End of

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 05:36:17 PM »
Cardiff have been up there all season and deserve to go up. Yes their style is very agricultural to us but it has worked. But their manager has been commenting very early on and talking his side down. While we were miles behind he was telling everybody that Wolves and Villa etc etc had spent loads of money and Cardiff were the underdogs. I think that is partly why we were 18 points behind them and closed the gap. He is just a very dull old style manager that likes to talk a good game while not having much of a clue how to play more than the up and at them style. Which works if you have the players to do it. So good on him.

But I have always though Cardiff as one of the few sides in the area deserved more than a manager who kept telling them they were not good enough.

Offline gezkc

• Legend
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »
I've noticed how Warnock always talks his side down - he was doing it after the Aston Villa game when they lost to that great volley from Grealish, saying he didn't have anyone in his team who could score a goal like that.
He often gets touted as a master of mind games etc, but surely always publicly stating that his team is talentless can't be good for their morale? If I played for him, I'd resent his constant snipes, even if they are only "mind games".