Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2021, 08:43:33 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on July 22, 2021, 08:40:49 PM
Translated from Twitter.

Fulham formalizes proposal by Rodrigo Muniz: €1 million (about R$6 million) for the loan + €9 million (about R$54 million) in the call option. Flamengo "collects" offers by the player and will analyze which one pleases the most. Al Nasr didn't give up.

20 year old Brazilian forward. Could get excited by that. But would he get a work permit?

It's easier to get work permits from South America now than it is in Europe. In the current climate, there is no way we would've got a work permit for the Abou Kamara deal. Apparently it's easier to get work permits from South America now

Deeping_white

Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 08:14:25 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2021, 03:29:16 PM
Quote from: Cookie6262 on July 22, 2021, 03:22:27 PM
Given financial fair play and our numerous centre half's I would seriously consider £6 million for Hector from Bournemouth, maybe it's just me 🤷‍♂️

i certainly hope it's just you because it would mean we'd actually be relying on kongolo, mawson or ream to play week in, week out. on reflection i'd probably say MLM is the most reliable option after tosin and hector
No, I agree also. From the CB list, I would get rid of Hector, MLM, Odoi, Ream. None of these are good enough at prem level so why keep them. Keep Kongolo, Mawson and Tosin. I'd be bringing in a quality younger CB with potential on a loan to buy and I'd bring in an older experienced CB on a free or cheap like a Scott Dann type. Would also assess whether Opoku could feature next season as a squad option.

You can't go through a season with 3 senior centre backs (2 of whom haven't played a full season in years so essentially leave us with 1.5 CB's) for what is at least a 48 game season and then sign a young player and expect them to be there or there abouts for a team that's in theory going to be challenging for top 2. Dann is dead money because he's too old for the PL with no resale value so you may as well keep Hector who's at a similar level and sell him next year once we're up

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 22, 2021, 08:49:12 PM
Given financial fair play and our numerous centre half's I would seriously consider £6 million for Hector from Bournemouth, maybe it's just me 🤷‍♂️

i certainly hope it's just you because it would mean we'd actually be relying on kongolo, mawson or ream to play week in, week out. on reflection i'd probably say MLM is the most reliable option after tosin and hector
No, I agree also. From the CB list, I would get rid of Hector, MLM, Odoi, Ream. None of these are good enough at prem level so why keep them. Keep Kongolo, Mawson and Tosin. I'd be bringing in a quality younger CB with potential on a loan to buy and I'd bring in an older experienced CB on a free or cheap like a Scott Dann type. Would also assess whether Opoku could feature next season as a squad option.

You can't go through a season with 3 senior centre backs (2 of whom haven't played a full season in years so essentially leave us with 1.5 CB's) for what is at least a 48 game season and then sign a young player and expect them to be there or there abouts for a team that's in theory going to be challenging for top 2. Dann is dead money because he's too old for the PL with no resale value so you may as well keep Hector who's at a similar level and sell him next year once we're up

Yep. And I'm no fan of Ream but even shipping him out only to pay all the costs of bringing Scott Dann in as a replacement makes no sense.

WestSussexWhite

Hammy End just tweeted an article. The Brazilian striker Muniz is open to the move and has held positive discussions with Marco Silva. Sounds like this might be a goer!

Jules

it's a matter of opinion, and I was just stating mine. Dann is a free agent and has lots of prem experience. My first 2 CBs would be Tosin and Mawson. I'd have Dann, Kongolo and Opoku as back ups plus another loan to buy option from a top tier club. If we can get £5 or £6m for Hector then grab it. He played a handful of matches last season and was absolutely useless (e.g. Brentford and Burnley on cup games).

Jules

Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2021, 08:55:31 PM

Yep. And I'm no fan of Ream but even shipping him out only to pay all the costs of bringing Scott Dann in as a replacement makes no sense.
Dann is a much better player and leader/organiser than Ream. He is a free agent also so it's not a matter of huge costs. But ok, I heard Ream has another year left, so let's keep him in reserve. I would ship out the others I mentioned though. I cannot believe I read somewhere that MLM was to have his contract extended. That would be really crazy. The guy is not up to it.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 09:34:51 PM

Dann is a much better player and leader/organiser than Ream. He is a free agent also so it's not a matter of huge costs. But ok, I heard Ream has another year left, so let's keep him in reserve. I would ship out the others I mentioned though. I cannot believe I read somewhere that MLM was to have his contract extended. That would be really crazy. The guy is not up to it.
We exercised the additional year on his contract, this is a workaround for FFP. Means his amortisation costs drop as the total fee is done over the length of the contract so gives us an extra year

Jules

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 09:48:09 PM

We exercised the additional year on his contract, this is a workaround for FFP. Means his amortisation costs drop as the total fee is done over the length of the contract so gives us an extra year
Ok, thanks for explaining. There must be a financial reason for extending, as footballing ability wise it makes zero sense.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 09:15:28 PM
Hammy End just tweeted an article. The Brazilian striker Muniz is open to the move and has held positive discussions with Marco Silva. Sounds like this might be a goer!

But has someone explained to him about playing Stoke on a Tuesday evening mid February!

filham

Relying on Mawson and Kongola as centre backs for the season sounds a terrible risk unless we can draft in a powerful medicine man to ensure they are not injured at the same times.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Jules on July 22, 2021, 09:50:49 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 09:48:09 PM

Ok, thanks for explaining. There must be a financial reason for extending, as footballing ability wise it makes zero sense.

Yeah they were all extended for FFP reasons. It's better to have them on the wage bill for another FFP wise, rather than let them go for free and therefore fail
FFP because of it

Jules

Quote from: filham on July 22, 2021, 10:04:20 PM
Relying on Mawson and Kongola as centre backs for the season sounds a terrible risk unless we can draft in a powerful medicine man to ensure they are not injured at the same times.
but there would be others in the squad at CB. I said I would have Tosin as first choice, and bring in Dann on a free, Opoku is a good young home grown prospect, and I'd take another on a loan to buy. I've also been convinced to keep Ream one more season as that is his contract length remaining. We also have MLM extended although Hilda the tea lady would have to be unfit for him to play.

Blawarmy

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 22, 2021, 10:13:27 PM
I hope this Brazilian lad isn't to replace Mitro

We could do with more aMunizition up front to go along with AK47.

Blawarmy

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 22, 2021, 10:18:08 PM

Be great If he turns out like Richarlison [emoji1360] Still think we need Mitro next season though.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 22, 2021, 10:23:58 PM

Be great If he turns out like Richarlison [emoji1360] Still think we need Mitro next season though.

I will be absolutely amazed if Mitro was to go anywhere now. If he was going to go anywhere it would've been before he returned for pre-season

AJW48361

Blawarmy

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 10:37:33 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on July 22, 2021, 10:23:58 PM

I will be absolutely amazed if Mitro was to go anywhere now. If he was going to go anywhere it would've been before he returned for pre-season
I hope not mate

G_Gribby

QuoteI hope this Brazilian lad isn't to replace Mitro.

I don't think he is to replace Mitro, he's coming (if it happens) to add more speed and alternatives to the attack. We need to score more goals, that's pretty obvious.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.