watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday evening music

Started by WhiteJC, April 24, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

I'm guessing that this lady is not to well known on this thread. Jane Olivor, now retired had quite a following in the USA. A dfficult career, perfect pitch and this version of Don McLean's "Vincent".   

OdecaMynoT

D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

OdecaMynoT

D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

bobbo

Simon and Garfunkel .

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Barrett487

Rory Gallagher

RaySmith

Peaktime Tv viewing in the 60's-

Jimi Hendrix, Lulu Show

The Doors, Ed Sullivan show

The Beatles, Blackpool Night Out

perry geyton

SANFORD CLARK

WindyCity

OK, I have a question for all the music experts out there, seems we have quite a few in this thread. 

I recently bought an Apple HomePod, and it's great.  With the monthly subscription charge of $10 per month paid to Apple, I can get any music I want, any time, even some very obscure artists and music, at home or even in my car with Apple CarPlay.  It's great!

Now, THE QUESTION.......HOW DO THE ARTISTS GET PAID/COMPENSATED???

I've asked a number of people about this and no one seems to know how that gets done.  This question would pertain to all the platforms out there besides Apple Music, such as Spotify, Amazon Music et al.

ANYONE KNOW? 

WhiteJC

Quote from: WindyCity on August 07, 2021, 04:57:34 PM
OK, I have a question for all the music experts out there, seems we have quite a few in this thread. 

I recently bought an Apple HomePod, and it's great.  With the monthly subscription charge of $10 per month paid to Apple, I can get any music I want, any time, even some very obscure artists and music, at home or even in my car with Apple CarPlay.  It's great!

I've asked a number of people about this and no one seems to know how that gets done.  This question would pertain to all the platforms out there besides Apple Music, such as Spotify, Amazon Music et al.

ANYONE KNOW?

its my understanding that each time you play a song the artist(s)/songwriter(s) and record label get paid a sum of money, typically a very small amount similar to PRS (performing rights) with the idea the more one of your songs gets played the more you (as an artist) get paid.
you'll hear most artists say that they get next to nothing and that a million plays = pennies compared to "record sales".

WhiteJC

ZZ Top - gimme all your lovin' (live)

Sting - its probably me

Genesis - mama

WindyCity

Quote from: whitejc on August 07, 2021, 06:37:24 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on August 07, 2021, 04:57:34 PM

ANYONE KNOW?

its my understanding that each time you play a song the artist(s)/songwriter(s) and record label get paid a sum of money, typically a very small amount similar to PRS (performing rights) with the idea the more one of your songs gets played the more you (as an artist) get paid.
you'll hear most artists say that they get next to nothing and that a million plays = pennies compared to "record sales".

I went ahead and googled it, and apparently platforms like Apple Music, Spotify, et al pay the artist/producer/someone one or two cents per song play.  Doesn't sound like a lot of money, but when you consider the millions upon millions of subscribers to various services worldwide, this probably adds up to a bunch of money.  To me, it sounds like an accounting/logistics nightmare.  And the artists are really at the mercy of the platforms to properly report.  Unless there is a way to track playtime and who is gonna do that and how is that even done.  I guess it's up to the producer of an album/song to then further split the take to include the artist.  And what then happens to artists that are deceased?  I suppose their share goes to their estate?  Anyway, just seems like an incredible undertaking to satisfy the artists involved.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Barrett487

Some 1970s Disco-Jazz

Brick

Brass Construction

perry geyton

bobbo

Neil Young a long while back

Lighthouse

With so many Japanese bands still unable to travel and tour. My favourite, Band Maid have had time to return to jokey projects. Like this new single from Cluppo. Miku is a the founder of Rock Band, Band Maid but clearly like the happy clappy feel of pop.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Nice one bobbo.
Another Neil Young classic, Powderfinger -

Cat Stevens, father and Son

Billy Bragg, Tank Park Salute

AJW48361

Nanci Griffiths RIP incredible Singer Songwriter any contributions welcome.

WhiteJC

Quote from: AJW48361 on August 14, 2021, 10:09:37 AM
Nanci Griffiths RIP incredible Singer Songwriter any contributions welcome.

bobbo

i never heard of nanci griffith , but i dont know how , got to say she is or sadly was something very special i really enjoyed that , its rare for me to add things to my bobs songs playlist on spotifiy but thats gone on immediately . thanks .