News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So since "they're not allowed" on here, let's talk about them!

Started by Steve_orino, January 28, 2010, 10:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

;D

How will Andy Murray do in the Austrailian Open?  

A great comeback to beat Cilic.  Would love to see him beat Federerereereer in the final!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Steve_orino

Just found out he's really a Scot so we're not "talking about them" but still, Murray vs. Federer/Tsonga - any thoughts?
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

WhiteJC

Murry is only a Scot when he looses, when he wins his a Brit  ;D

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 29, 2010, 07:17:49 AM
Murry is only a Scot when he looses, when he wins his a Brit  ;D

Who's not allowed??? LOL

and just for the record Murray is a sweaty whatever he does,he dislikes the English and we think he's a spoilt mummy boys with a overley high opinion of himself!

boxhockcycsock

Even though Nadal "retired", I still enjoyed watching Murray beating him. I have to root for somebody now that Roddick is out. Lord knows it won't be the Spanish.
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

McBridefan1

yes let's talk about "them" ... I hear they have a good soccer team. Oh this feels naughty. They'll never know what we're saying about them.

RidgeRider

Wow, just found this. Our own place where we can make fun of our hosts.

Can they read this? ;)

LBNo11

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 29, 2010, 09:17:32 PM
Wow, just found this. Our own place where we can make fun of our hosts.

Can they read this? ;)

...NO.. >:(
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

They're actually all right to be honest. Just like the Aussies, Kiwis, Scandinavians and the Americans. Now before you give me the Gandhi award, don't ask me about the Argies...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CincyFulham

Finally a place where we can use the word "limey" and talk about how they would all be speaking German if weren't for us saving their bums backing in '44. 

Steve_orino

Wow! 

So abrasive Cincy - I like it! 

Alright, back on topic, sort-of...so it's Murray vs. Federer.  I'm so tired of Federeer.  Would really like the UK guy to win just so he doesn't.  COYAM!
@Borino09

RidgeRider

Quote from: Steve_orino on January 30, 2010, 03:37:15 AM
Wow! 

So abrasive Cincy - I like it! 

Alright, back on topic, sort-of...so it's Murray vs. Federer.  I'm so tired of Federeer.  Would really like the UK guy to win just so he doesn't.  COYAM!

I don't follow tennis much but who is the next great American tennis player on the rise?

finnster01

Mr Ridge,

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe Serena if she starts playing men's tennis. She probably be all right actually.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on January 30, 2010, 06:56:45 PM
Mr Ridge,

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe Serena if she starts playing men's tennis. She probably be all right actually.

thing is, if she was allowed, you are probably not far from the truth

Steve_orino

I don't follow tennis much either...I just figured it was a final of a worldwide sporting event being played in one of the countries to note in this section and one of the participants is from the land that our beloved hails from.  

I thought it spark some decent banter...that's what I get for thinking.

American male tennis player...no clue.  I'd make time for a match with Serena pitted against a Top 20 male player though...as long as she was healthy though.  Wonder what either of them would have done had they been able to keep their health.
@Borino09

RidgeRider

Steve,

I watched the 1981 NFC Championship game last night. You know who won of course.  ;)

www.hulu.com has loaded up a ton of Super Bowl and other great games from the NFL channel so I can go 20 years and relive my young adulthood watching Joe Montana shred everyone. I love that web-site. I barely watch TV anymore other than to watch Fulham. Check it out.

I can't wait till they get Prem games on the there. What a day that will be. They have NHL games on there now as well.

Steve_orino

Thanks for the reminder Ridge...How bout them '90's? ;)  Every time that play comes on the tv, I change it...can't bare to watch it.

Murray down 2 sets - 6/3, 6/4, but they're tied up 6/6 in the third set.  Come on Murray...make that Swiss sweat!
@Borino09

Steve_orino

And Federerererererrrrr finishes the match, 7-6 13-11. 

Good on ya Murray.  Better luck next time.
@Borino09

Logicalman

Quote from: CincyFulham on January 30, 2010, 03:25:03 AM
Finally a place where we can use the word "limey" and talk about how they would all be speaking German if weren't for us saving their bums backing in '44. 

.. and don't forget the spaghetti-eating, Japanese-driving bits as well. They are SO lucky we saved them from all that... er, we both drive Nissans and went to an Italian restaurant Saturday, oo-er, I wonder who was s'posed to save us then?

McBridefan1

Good point Logicalman, which spurs the old Andrew Dice Clay question... what was in those bombs we dropped? ... Fertilizer?