watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (09.02.10)

Started by White Noise, February 08, 2010, 09:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/ed13/midweek_at_the_cottage_493562/index.shtml

Midweek at the Cottage

Feature by Tony Scholes

Updated Tuesday, 9th February 2010

After two home games, against Chelsea and West Ham, it is back on the road and a third successive game against London opposition when we travel to Craven Cottage to play Fulham.

If this game was at home you would be confident of a result against a Fulham side who just don't win at Burnley. But things are somewhat different at Craven Cottage.

The last time we got anything there was in a 1-1 draw during the 1981/82 season when we were both promoted from the then third division. Kevin Young got our goal that day but a year earlier we won 2-1 with current manager Brian Laws scoring the first goal.

One point out of 36 tells its own story away from home. We have seven games to try and put that right and get a few more. Tonight, added to the win on Saturday, would be just about the right time to do that.

Our Opponents

Fulham are currently in a disappointing run of form, but we shouldn't be fooled by that. They are a very good, and extremely well organised, side under Roy Hodgson who has done a fantastic job there in two years since taking over from the disaster area known as Lawrie Sanchez.

Hodgson kept Fulham up, against all the odds, in 2008 and last year led them to a seventh place finish and a place in the Europa League. This season, despite the recent run, they are still in the top half and are confident they can get further up the table.

Whilst Brian Laws was busy during the January window, Hodgson was able to bring in three new players, two of them on loan.

The permanent signing is Chris Buchtmann, a Dutch midfielder from Liverpool, whilst he strengthened his squad further with two loan signings in Nicky Shorey (Aston Villa) and Stefano Okaka from Roma.

Click HERE to see all Fulham's results this season

Team News

One of their key players, Bobby Zamora, was missing on Saturday when they drew at Bolton, but he's back tonight after shaking off illness. And there is further good news for the Cottagers who also have Simon Davies available.

Hodgson said: "Zamora is fine and has recovered from his sickness. He's back in contention, as is Simon Davies, which is good. That's at least two of the injured players back tomorrow.

"To be fair I've not really counted Bobby when I've talked about the injured players because it was a sickness which kept him out of one game. He doesn't belong in the group of six or seven that we'll have to do without for a long period."

Amongst those injured players are Paul Konchesky, Clint Dempsey, John Pantsil and Kagisho Dikgacoi.

Fulham's team at Bolton was: Mark Schwarzer, Chris Baird, Aaron Hughes, Brede Hangeland, Nicky Shorey, Damien Duff, Danny Murphy, Kagisho Dikgacoi, Jonathan Greening, Erik Nevland, David Elm. Subs: Pascal Zuberbühler, Kelly, Bjorn Helge Riise, Fredrik Stoor, Chris Smalling, Stefano Okaka, Dickson Etuhu.

Click HERE to see the full Fulham squad

Steven Caldwell, Graham Alexander and Chris McCann remain out of the reckoning for Brian Laws, but Stephen Jordan is close to fitness and there were no further injuries reported from the game on Saturday.

It is difficult to determine whether Laws will stick with the team that won on Saturday or whether he will freshen it up with a couple of changes.

The team on Saturday was: Brian Jensen, Tyrone Mears, Clarke Carlisle, Leon Cort, Danny Fox, Wade Elliott, Kevin McDonald, Andre Bikey, Robbie Blake, David Nugent, Steven Fletcher. Subs: Nicky Weaver, Michael Duff, David Edgar, Jack Cork, Chris Eagles, Martin Paterson, Steven Thompson.

Last Time

Our last trip to Craven Cottage was back in September 2000 during a fuel crisis. It was our second trip to London in four days having won 1-0 at Crystal Palace on the Saturday with a Graham Branch goal.

We'd made a good start to the season after winning promotion and were sat in eighth place with eight points from five games. Our opponents Fulham were already points clear at the top with five wins out of five.

It was always going to be a difficult game and it was made a lot harder by the appalling performance of referee Trevor Parkes, with some Burnley fans suggesting he must have picked up a Harrods hamper on the way.

Paul Cook gave us an early lead with a deflected free kick, but it was an incident early in the second half that turned the game. Andy Cooke was clean through and brought down by Fulham defender Chris Coleman. Coleman turned to go, knowing he was to be sent off, but incredibly Parkes was waving play on. He'd given nothing.

Two minutes later and Bjarne Goldbaek had equalised for Fulham and they went on to win 3-1 with Louis Saha netting twice. To make matters worse, idiot Parkes sent off Lee Briscoe to leave us with ten men.

The teams that night were;

Fulham: Maik Taylor, Steve Finnan, Andy Melville, Chris Coleman, Rufus Brevitt, Bjarne Goldbaek, Lee Clark, Sean Davis (John Collins 75), Fabrice Fernandes, Barry Hayles (Luis Boa Morte 74), Louis Saha (Eddie Lewis 86). Subs not used: Marcus Hahnemann, Zat Knight.

Burnley: Paul Crichton, Paul Weller, Ian Cox, Gordon Armstrong (Andy Payton 67), Mitchell Thomas, Lee Briscoe, Glen Little, John Mullin (Micky Mellon 74), Kevin Ball, Paul Cook (Graham Branch 61), Andy Cooke. Subs not used: Robbie Jepson, Brad Maylett.

We've to go back to the 1967/68 season for our last top flight game at Craven Cottage. On that occasion we had a goal feast with Fulham coming out on top in a 4-3 scoreline.

We were 1-0 down but then 2-1 up with just 17 minutes remaining, our goals coming from Andy Lochhead and Frank Casper. Then Fulham scored three times to lead 4-2 before a John Dempsey own goal pulled one back for us in the last minute.

Our team was: Rodney Jones, John Angus, Ray Ternent, Sammy Todd, Colin Waldron, Colin Blant, Willie Morgan, Andy Lochhead, Frank Casper, Martin Dobson, Ralph Coates.

Previous games against Fulham

Previous 20 Seasons

Season
Div
Ven
Result
Att
Scorers

1992/93
h
5-2
Harper Farrell Penny Heath Conroy

. .
a
0-4

1993/94
h
3-1
Randall Eyres Deary

. . a
2-3
Eyres Randall

1997/98
a
0-1

. . h
2-1
Cooke Payton

1998/99
a
0-4

. .
h
1-0
Jepson

2000/01
a
1-3
Cook

.99 . h
2-1
I Moore Little

2002/03
FA
a
1-1
A Moore

. . h
3-0
Taylor I Moore Diallo

2008/09
LC
h
1-0
Rodriguez

2009/10
PL
h
1-1
Elliott

Click HERE to see all our results against Fulham

White Noise

Programme Preview

Tuesday 9th February 2010

Fulham FC News
It's an old-time classic football occasion at Craven Cottage this evening as Burnley come to town to take on Fulham in a true clash of traditional football clubs.

The Whites and the Clarets have done battle many times over the years, dating back to the days when the Lancashire club were one of the most feared in the land.

They're back in the top-flight this season after a long absence, so tonight's fixture is a blast from the past for many supporters who recall the halcyon days of English football.

So as the two teams do battle once more in our famous old ground, be sure to pick up the most traditional of football accompaniments, the matchday programme.

Packed from cover to cover with all the essential matchday information, the 84-page journal is the essential companion and souvenir for every Fulham fixture.

With its eye catching design and in-depth features, this week's edition includes:

• Exclusive insight from Manager Roy Hodgson.
• Danny Murphy's views on the matches against Portsmouth and Bolton.
• Former Fulham and England captain Alan Mullery recalls some of his own memories of matches against Burnley.
• Northern Ireland international Chris Baird discusses his longest unbroken spell of action in the Fulham First Team.
• A peak inside the opposition's camp with Burnley's Jamaican full-back Tyrone Mears.
• Expert Analysis from Burnley goal scoring legend Andy Lochhead.
• A look back in pictures at some of the past meetings between the two clubs.
• A flick through the photo scrapbook of Whites favourite Paul Konchesky.
• Match action from our recent matches against Aston Villa and Portsmouth.
• Through the ranks profile on defensive rock Aaron Pierre.
• Unprecedented fan interaction and tonnes of fun for younger fans too.
• Plus, so much more besides!

The brilliant matchday publication will be on sale in and around the ground from two-hours before kick-off.

If you miss your copy outside then look out for sellers on the Putney and Hammersmith Terrace, or at half-time from the programme room situated inside the Johnny Haynes Stand by Block E (opposite Turnstile 24).

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/BurnleyProgrammePreview.aspx#ixzz0f2Zpdb63

FatFreddysCat

Shame on you WhiteNoise you missed the league table of debt in the Sun, we are the fourth biggest debt ridden club behinf only Manure , Arsenal and Liverpool. I think it says we are £179 million in debt, very worrying if Mo should suddenly kick the bucket. Or have you posted it and i've missed it?

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1249612/Burnley-boss-Brian-Laws-backs-Roy-Hodgson-man-succeed-Fabio-Capello-England-manager.html?ITO=1490
Burnley boss Brian Laws backs Roy Hodgson as the man to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 11:54 AM on 09th February 2010
Brian Laws thinks Roy Hodgson would be 'the perfect choice' to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager.

Laws' Burnley side travel to Craven Cottage in the Barclays Premier League on Tuesday to take on Fulham, whose fortunes have been transformed by Hodgson over the last two years.

The Cottagers were struggling in the relegation zone when Hodgson was appointed manager in December 2007, but after keeping the club up in his first season, the former Blackburn and Inter Milan boss led them to seventh place and qualification for Europe in the following campaign.

Fulham are currently 10th in the table and have made it to the knockout stages of the Europa League, with Hodgson signing a new 12-month rolling contract in December.

But the 62-year-old, who has international managerial experience with Switzerland and Finland, has frequently been touted as a successor to Capello when the Italian's time in charge of England comes to an end, and Laws believes Hodgson has the ideal credentials.

'He's very experienced, he knows the game inside out and I think he'd be the perfect choice,' said Laws. 'I don't think you can be England manager without all those ingredients.

'You have to have had those experiences and I think you have to be at a certain age. It's not one for a young manager; I think you have got to be seasoned. You need that aura about you and he has certainly got that.'

Laws has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Tuesday's contest and defender Stephen Jordan is pushing to be in contention after two weeks out with a hamstring strain.

Chris McCann's recovery from a knee problem is progressing well but the match has come too soon for him, while Graham Alexander (calf) and Steven Caldwell (groin) remain out.

Meanwhile, Burnley have unveiled ambitious plans for the redevelopment of Turf Moor as part of a project that also includes the country's first 'Football University'.

Clarets chief executive Paul Fletcher is leading the 'Premier Plan' in conjunction with Burnley Borough Council and The Prince's Charities.

The proposals, which Fletcher expects will take two to three years to reach fruition, would see a 'StadiArena' stand erected in place of the David Fishwick Stand at Turf Moor, which would be employed to stage concerts and conferences in addition to its use for football.

Laws hailed the news as further evidence that the club, who won promotion to the top flight for the first time in 33 years last summer, is heading in the right direction.

'Any football club that stands still is going backwards for me and this is just another large step forward for this football club,' Laws said.

'Regeneration, change and progress are what this football club has been striving for for a long, long time and the fact is we are now very close to it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1249612/Burnley-boss-Brian-Laws-backs-Roy-Hodgson-man-succeed-Fabio-Capello-England-manager.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0f3NGp1p6

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/02/09/win-fulham-fc-tickets-82029-25795455/
Win Fulham FC tickets!
Feb 9 2010

FANCY watching Fulham for free?

We have two pairs of tickets up for grabs for the Whites' Europa League clash against Shakhtar Donetsk on Thursday, February 18 at Craven Cottage.

Roy Hodgson's side qualified for the last 32 after a famous 3-2 win in Basle, and now the UEFA holders stand between them and a place in the last 16.

For a chance to win a pair of tickets, simply answer the following question:

Who won last year's UEFA Cup?

Email your answer to [email protected] by midday next Tuesday (February 16)

Please include your full name and a daytime contact number..

If you're not lucky enough to win this time, tickets are still available, priced from £20 for adults and from just £5 for juniors (under 16) from the Fulham ticket office.

Tickets can also be purchased online at www.fulhamfc.com or by calling 0870 442 1234.

Please state if you do not want your details forwarded on to the club's marketing department.

Normal Trinity Mirror Southern competition rules apply.

White Noise

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/02/eight-year-anniversary.html

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Eight year anniversary

A bit of spring cleaning this weekend unearthed the ticket stub from my very first game at Craven Cottage: Fulham v Blackburn eight years ago today. It's interesting to see the old stadium diagram on the back of the ticket. Away fans in the A&B sections of the then Stevenage Road Stand (now Johnny Haynes Stand of course) with the Putney End no longer broken up with a 'neutrals' area.

Of course the old look Craven Cottage used to have a standing area - terracing at the front of Stevenage Road Stand - which is what attracted me to the match in the first place. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to stand and watch as my ticket was bought for me by a work contact (play Namco games, kids) but I was still given a complementary Fulham poncho in case I got wet. I've still got it somewhere, as well as I had no reason to unpack it on the day.

The game itself is an odd one for me. I knew Fulham won, but was a bit fuzzy on the score. I thought it was 2-1 to Fulham, but it turns out the game ended 2-0 to the whites. What I did have a clear memory of was the Blackburn red card. Excpet I thought it was Brett Emerton getting sent off, not Craig Short. And I thought it was much earlier in the game than the 90th minute. I can't remember a thing about the goals scored. reading the match report archived on Fulhamweb, it sounds like a cracking match but none of it rings a bell. All I remember with clarity is a Blackburn player getting a red.

Mind you, the number of times I've had to refer to this very blog to remind myself what happened in a game, what the score was and if I was even at the Cottage for a match, is a little disconcerting. I've started using the site as a virtual football memory.
Posted by Bad Andy at 14:21 

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fulham-boss-hodgson-pleased-brown%E2%80%99s-bristol-rovers-form-631591
Fulham boss Hodgson pleased with Brown's Bristol Rovers form
10.02.10 | tribalfootball.com

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is delighted Wayne Brown is doing so well at Bristol Rovers.

But since midfielder Brown and Robert Milsom have still to mature into regular first-team squad members, Hodgson has revealed he will seek the agreement of chairman Mohamed Fayed to go on a summer spending spree.

Hodgson said: "Brown is now doing well on loan at Bristol Rovers and we like Milsom very much. We think they've got a chance to be players.

"But we are fully aware that if we are to do as well as we have done in the last year and a half then we will need some help in the summer."

White Noise

http://fulham.theoffside.com/team-news/assessing-our-road-form.html

Assessing our road form

By: timmyg | February 9th, 2010

Tonight's match against Burnley begins a nice little home stretch that expands across three competitions.

This offers ample time to reassess our road form. Per usual, much has been made regarding how awful we are away from home and the like. Yet after doing some research, we're really not as bad as people make it seem. In fact, we're probably just average:

The asterisks next to next gaffer's name mean they took over with about a month left in the season. Also, statto ranks each team by points per game. So for some seasons we were actually tied with other clubs for higher positions. For space issues, I go into that here.

If we break down the standings using statto.com's PPG (GD divided by games played) it further shows how our road form has improved under Roy:

The 2007-08 season was memorable for the Great Escape, but also for how well the team performed on the road while Roy was manager. Under Sanchez, Fulham played 8 games on the road, drawing 3 and losing 5, obtaining a .375 PPG and having a -10 GD. That is tied with Cookie's 2005-06 season for the worst. So to rebound to 2007-08's final away record — whilst adding Ray Lewington's brief caretaker spell, the 5-1 to Spurs — is remarkable.

Coleman's great 2003-04 season proved to be exceptional for his reign. In calculating each manager's average road PPG I bundled Coleman's tutelage at the end of the 2002-03 season with Tigana's and Sanchez's with his at the end of the 2006-07 season. Again, the results shows that the team has performed best under Roy.

It may be a bit unfair to compare the managers as each had differing number of seasons and games. But the point should remain.

Going back a bit, the results do show that this season has been one of the worst since Fulham have been in the topflight in regards to away form. Yet there are still 6 matches to go (granted to 3 of the big 4). Compared to other season's Fulham's GD of -9 is third best and we've failed to score in just 5 matches — tied for first. This could all go pear shaped, but it would be rather uncharacteristic considering the trends under Roy.

So, 1.5 really bad seasons under Coleman and one awful half-season under Sanchez and we're the worst road team in the history of the league? Please. It's disappointing, but I don't see how it's different from any other club of our stature.

Lastly, if any statistician wants to debunk my claims feel free. I'd rather have someone very knowledgeable in math prove points rather than a dilettante like myself.

White Noise

http://www.footballaudio.com/post/1830/fulham-v-burnley-188bet-match-preview.html

Fulham v Burnley - 188BET Match Preview

Fulham will look to record their second straight win at home when Burnley journey down to London.

Roy Hodgson's side are going through a difficult period which has seen them win just once in the last eight matches, but face a Burnley side who have recorded just one point on their travels all season.

Bobby Zamora is back after illness forced him to miss the 0-0 draw at Bolton and Simon Davies is also back in contention. Brian Laws meanwhile has called on his side to end their barren run on the road. Left-back Stephen Jordan is fit again after a fortnight out but the Clarets are expected to name the same team which beat relegation rivals West Ham just three days ago.

188BET, the in-play betting specialists, make the home team favourites for the clash. A win for the home side is odds-on at 1.76.

If you fancy Burnley to win their first away match of the season however, that's available at 5.80.

And it's 3.40 for the draw.

White Noise

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1191975_homegrown_stars_step_up

The United boss has already put in motion plans for the future of the centre-back department by capturing Fulham's Chris Smalling during the January transfer window.

The England Under-21 defender is back at Craven Cottage until the summer and will become a Reds player for next season.

McQueen knows all about Smalling's qualities - he recommended him to Middlesbrough when scouting for the Riverside club.

"Chris went to Middlesbrough and had agreed to sign when Fulham came in late and he decided he'd be homesick on Teesside," added Gordon.

"He's got a bit to learn and is one for the future. He is a tremendous prospect. He is very much in the Rio Ferdinand mould.

"He has all the attributes to make it to the very, very top because he is mobile, quick and athletic."

White Noise

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2010/02/tony-cascarinos-midday-predictions.html

Tony Cascarino runs his eye over tonight's Premier League fixtures. See what he has to say and then let us know in the comment box below if you agree with them.

Fulham v Burnley (8pm)

Cas's crystal ball: 2-1 to Fulham

Yes, Fulham have lots of injuries, including to key men such as Andrew Johnson and Clint Dempsey. And yes, they've been on a bad run lately and didn't look good when beating Portsmouth last week, which ended a run of five straight losses. They followed that up with a goalless draw at the Reebok Stadium last weekend which was a reasonable result. But despite Fulham's problems, the good news is that they're playing Burnley at home, and when Burnley travel, they almost always lose: just a single point on the road all season. I can't see Brian Laws's team keeping a clean sheet and I back Fulham to edge a feisty encounter where both teams will scrap for every loose ball.

White Noise

http://www.football365.co.uk/mediawatch/0,17033,8749_5928085,00.html

Propaganda

'Lawro got FIVE results right with TWO perfect scores,' trumpeted the BBC website on Mark Lawrenson's latest set of predictions.

Well done, Lawro. We take it all back. Except, wait a minute, we don't think Bolton beat Fulham 2-1, did they?

Mind you, in Lawrenson's head Fulham are always losing. In the table constructed from his predictions this season, they are just one point off the relegation zone. Mind you. they're in good company - Birmingham are doing just three points better.

White Noise

http://www.offthebarandout.com/2010/2/9/1302224/midweek-mayhem

Tuesday 9th February 2010

Fulham vs. Burnley 20:00 GMT

After an excellent weekend performance that temporarily eased their relegation worries while prompting cries of anguish from filth merchants Gold and Sullivan, Burnley have a realistic chance of getting more points on the board away to a Fulham team who have struggled badly due to the recent absence through injury of key forwards Zamora and Johnson. Fulham need to be a bit careful here, because if their bad sequence of results continue then they could see themselves on the sort of run that has caused Sunderland to tumble down the table. 

White Noise

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-boosted-by-return-of-key-duo-as-Bobby-Zamora-and-Simon-Davies-are-passed-fit-to-face-Burnley-article317535.html

Fulham boosted by return of key duo

Published 15:38 08/02/10

By Nick Ive

Fulham will be boosted by the return of Bobby Zamora and Simon Davies for tomorrow's home clash with struggling Burnley.

The Cottagers' leading scorer missed Saturday's goalless draw at Bolton through sickness, while Davies has been a long-term casualty with ankle ligament damage.

But both will be back to face the Clarets. Manager Roy Hodgson confirmed: "Bobby is fine and has recovered from his sickness, and will be back in contention tomorrow, as is Simon Davies."

Despite the return of the influential duo, Hodgson is still reeling from a long casualty list that now includes Kagisho Dikgacoi, who was crocked against the Trotters.

Fulham are also without Andy Johnson, Clint Dempsey, John Pantsil and Paul Konchesky and Hodgson admitted that could cause a few problems with a hectic fixture schedule ahead.

The Cottagers are still in the Europa League and FA Cup and Hodgson added: "We have barely got 18 fit players, so there is no longer a selection problem.

"Until we get back to a situation where the squad starts to resemble normal size, it will be difficult for us."

White Noise

'The Sun' today published a 'Premier League Debt Table' which is not retrievable online so I have copied it out from the paper -

1) Man Utd - £716.5m (June 09)
2) Arsenal - £297.7m 9 (May 09)
3) Liverpool - £237m (June 10)
4) Fulham - £197m (June 08)
5) West Ham - £110m (Jan 10)
6) Aston Villa - £73m (May 08)
7) Sunderland - £69.2m (July 08)
Wigan - £66.4m (May 08)
9) Portsmouth - £60m (Jan 10)
10) Birmingham - £57m (Aug 08)
11) Bolton - £53.8m (Jun 08)
12) Tottenham - £45.9m (Jun 09)
13) Everton - £39m (May 08)
14) Wolves - £20.68m (May 08)
15) Blackburn - £14m (Jun 09)
16) Hull - £9m (Nov 09)
17) Stoke - £2.3m (May 08)
18) Bunley - £0 (Jun 09)
19) the dark side - £0 (Dec 09 ) NB - £701 million debt wiped
20) man City - £0 (Jan 10) - NB £305 million debt wiped

Actually, looking at those figures, I am not sure how reliable they are. If Hull are only £9 million in debt then I'm Jimmy Bullard.

In addition here are some revenue and wages figures from 'The Guardian' last June -

Premier League clubs' turnover, wages and debt 2007-08

David Conn guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 3 June 2009 00.00

Club     Debt (£ms) Turnover (£ms) Wages (£ms) Wages/turnover 

Arsenal  416  223  101.3  45% 
Aston Villa  73  75.6  50.4  66.6% 
Blackburn Rovers  17  56.4  39.7  70% 
Bolton Wanderers  52  59.1  39  67% 
the dark side  701  213.6  149  68% 
Everton  39  76  44.5  59% 
Fulham  197  53.7  39.3  73% 
Hull City (2007 figures)  1  9  6.9  77% 
Liverpool  280 (est)  159  80 (est)  50% 
Manchester City  147  82.3  54.2  66% 
Manchester United  699  256.2  121.1  47% 
Middlesbrough  93  48  34.8  73% 
Newcastle United  106.2  100.8  74.6  74% 
Portsmouth  57.7  70.6  54.7  78% 
Stoke City  2.3  11.2  11.9  106% 
Sunderland  69.2  63.6  37.1  58% 
Tottenham Hotspur  65  114.8  52.9  46% 
West Bromwich Albion  8.9  27.2  21.8  80% 
West Ham United  36  57  44.2  76% 
Wigan Athletic  66.4  43  38.4  89% 
Total  3126.7  1800  1095  55% 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/table/2009/jun/03/premier-league-turnover-wages-debt

mike_f

Thanks for writing that out White Noise.

It looks as though we are fahooked if Mo decides enough is enough.

White Noise

Quote from: mike_f on February 09, 2010, 04:40:17 PM
Thanks for writing that out White Noise.

It looks as though we are fahooked if Mo decides enough is enough.

Or maybe that is one of the things that keeps him tied into the club? There is no way Fulham is worth £200 million so MAF's best bet is to get his money out little by little as the club becomes profitable. The accounts of a few years ago said that he planned to start taking back £7 million a year so that £197 million figure is probably lower now. That said, Roy always talks about having to ask MAF to put his hand in his pocket as if our transfer expenditure is MAF's own money and not something the club generates sufficient revenue to manage.