News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


❄️ Winter silly season transfer thread 2026/2027 ❄️

Started by FFC007, September 08, 2026, 06:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 24, 2026, 02:31:32 PM
Quote from: LC on September 24, 2026, 02:17:09 PMI think Aaron Ramsdale would be a very interesting purchase if we're looking at the goalkeeper position. I was reading somewhere he's out of favour at Southampton despite them paying a lot of money for him a few seasons ago. I think the price could be reasonable and he's only 28 years old. Played two full seasons at Arsenal finishing 5th and 2nd. I personally think he's good and he'll find his form back with us. Him and Leno would actually be pretty good as you know one of them will likely perform.

Its a hard no from me. Expensive and on decent wages and is the 4th choice GK'er at saints in the championship for a reason. The lads heads gone and even when I thought he was pretty good back in the day, I was never really convinced.
Agreed. He didn't help himself when on a podcast he mentioned that he tended to lose concentration during games and zone out.


MickTheBeard

If we stay with the Spaniard coach even if we fail to stay in the premiership with our high press style of play we will need a very Mobil goalkeeper a more of a sweeper plus athletic approach between the sticks plus come out and claim the ball,which means those two goalkeepers mentioned aren't what we're looking for.


Pavel Dempsey

Quote from: Jim© on September 30, 2026, 09:55:15 AM
Quote from: Hatch007 on September 30, 2026, 12:14:24 AMFair enough. I'll take both your collective word for it re Meslier. I did find it a little strange when I saw he was now only #3.

So who, if anyone, might be available in January as an PL-ready #1 GK if Leno moves to Bayern?





Elia Caprile from Cagliari has been good over the last few years. Wouldn't cost the earth, still relatively young too.
Christos Mandas at Lazio. His stats are through the roof and again still young (not too expensive and wages about 1/6th of what leno is supposedly on).

I'd go abroad as I'm not sure that there's that many here I'd like (who aren't currently playing)- Pope, Ramsdale etc none are any better or worse than Leno IMO. Plus players here seem stupidly overpriced. Don't mind the look of Shea Charles' brother either but is he ready for a number 1 spot?


Elia Caprile, my favorite goalkeeper on Football Manager.

Surlyc

Quote from: FFC007 on September 30, 2026, 12:27:12 PMhttps://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2026/09/30/bayern-munich-target-bargain-move-for-bernd-leno/

Bayern after Leno for £8m.
Leno as a back up would be high tier, so would make sense for them. Our problem is that Leno has dropped into a lower tier as a starter, so I would support targeting a replacement.