watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan and Us

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, September 23, 2014, 01:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

There's no doubt in my mind that he took a great deal of notice of us supporters.

Obviously the table tells all but I think all of the emails to Jim Woodcock about F...HiM
were a major factor.
No doubt, the club keeps an eye on the board and relays information to the powers that be.

However another huge aspect in his final decision must have been us and the FELIX OUT campaign.
Also the many comments on Kit and the positive poll on here also, I believe helped
Kits temporary appointment.
Perhaps also (if Kit gets the job and wants him) our 'recommendation' may help Danny Murphy.
It's early days yet. We'll have to see, and everyone knows that it's only the results that matter.

However, I wonder what Mr Khan thinks now.
After only one game and lots of people moaning about selection, playing Ruiz etc
It may be that he's thinking. "why bother"  I tried to appease the fans but they still moan and grizzle.

I dread to think what this board will be like if we don't win reasonably comfortably tonight.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

We have no right to think we may win comfortably tonight, I do not expect anyone to think we only have to turn up, Doncaster Rovers will fancy their chances tonight, and will no doubt give it their best efforts. We need a win, any kind of win, for all sorts of reasons. Which ever team Kit Symons selects, the application and commitment must 100%, every player must win his own battles, and play within the framework of the team. Out there tonight it won't be a picnic. We need Leaders. Fighters. Characters. Warriors and most of all Winners, we have to earn a victory tonight, it's on our patch, but our opponents are not coming down to London to roll over, so we have to be ruthless, and if we have to grind out a victory, then so be it. I want to see Fulham in the draw for the next round.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

We need to win tonight for confidence if nothing else which is why he shouldn't change the team too much. In our position the cup doesn't matter except that we need to get the team established and start winning.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Football fans are, by definition, fickle. It's not a new thing and it won't change anytime soon. A few wins under their belts, should go some way into silencing the fickle fans!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

The Enclosurite

Nobody should have judged anything or anyone based on the Blackburn game.  If they have then I feel sorry for Kit as he will be fighting against the tide forever.

Now is the time to genuinely show some patience.  We wont have things our way all of the time and we need to accept that, the damage done by Felix is immense and will take a while to fix.

It can be done though, we are not a complete write off just yet.
¡COYW!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2014, 03:54:11 AM
We have no right to think we may win comfortably tonight, I do not expect anyone to think we only have to turn up, Doncaster Rovers will fancy their chances tonight, and will no doubt give it their best efforts. We need a win, any kind of win, for all sorts of reasons. Which ever team Kit Symons selects, the application and commitment must 100%, every player must win his own battles, and play within the framework of the team. Out there tonight it won't be a picnic. We need Leaders. Fighters. Characters. Warriors and most of all Winners, we have to earn a victory tonight, it's on our patch, but our opponents are not coming down to London to roll over, so we have to be ruthless, and if we have to grind out a victory, then so be it. I want to see Fulham in the draw for the next round.

That sounds like parts of a Winston Churchill speech

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

The sad thing is that not long a go this match would have been 'billed us' a possible giant killing.

RidgeRider

0001.jpeg

nose

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 23, 2014, 01:13:57 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that he took a great deal of notice of us supporters.

Obviously the table tells all but I think all of the emails to Jim Woodcock about F...HiM
were a major factor.
No doubt, the club keeps an eye on the board and relays information to the powers that be.

However another huge aspect in his final decision must have been us and the FELIX OUT campaign.
Also the many comments on Kit and the positive poll on here also, I believe helped
Kits temporary appointment.
Perhaps also (if Kit gets the job and wants him) our 'recommendation' may help Danny Murphy.
It's early days yet. We'll have to see, and everyone knows that it's only the results that matter.

However, I wonder what Mr Khan thinks now.
After only one game and lots of people moaning about selection, playing Ruiz etc
It may be that he's thinking. "why bother"  I tried to appease the fans but they still moan and grizzle.

I dread to think what this board will be like if we don't win reasonably comfortably tonight.

I think we will always comment on team selection. it is one of life's pleasures but that is not the same as moaning.

As you know I am not a ruiz fan and didn't think that was the right game for him to be reintroduced but I accept he was worth a try. He didn't do much wrong, ruiz, but he was as usually singularly unspectacular and there were others i would have thought could have contributed more.

I also thought hutchinson a poor selection because I haven't seen him play well and budrov looks a great partnership in the making with dan burn who i like very much.

That is not the same as moaning about kit... it is likely to be weeks possibly  months before we can make any conclusions. What i would like though from game to game is consitency with changes being a bity more gradual.

I have no view on tonight's game, i am going hopping that we will carry forward the team spirit we saw on saturday.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2014, 03:14:56 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 23, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

That sounds like parts of a Winston Churchill speech
I can confirm that it is an original Woolly Mammoth speech, and I have used it in my prematch team talks, with my Sunday morning Adult team, that I have managed for 36 years, now in my 37th year. I am looking forward to the next 36 years.

Alrighty  :0)   Keep motivating them and here's to the next 36

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

you're welcome.

I'm not sure if they'll pay much attention when you get to 90 though  :0)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I wouldn't count on the accuracy of a lot of your flagging