watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manager Reaction

Started by Admin, March 14, 2015, 06:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Kit Symons was pleased with a point after seeing his side battle back to earn a 1-1 draw at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

On a bumpy old pitch, Matt Smith bundled home from close range to cancel out Stevie May's opener and secure the Whites a point at Hillsborough and Symons said: "I was pleased to have got the goal in the end. It was a good break from us with good build-up play. They were appealing for offside against Matt but I spoke to some of their guys afterwards and they were quite happy he was onside in the end.

"We knew about the state of the pitch coming into the match. I spoke to Stuart Gray about it before the game and I said to our players that it's not an excuse. It's a factor and we needed to play on it accordingly but it's the same for both sides. It is what is and you get on with it."

Symons threw on Cauley Woodrow and Seko Fofana for Sean Kavanagh and Tim Hoogland as the Whites chased the game and the attacking changes paid off.

"We were a goal down away from home and we needed to get something out of it," said Symons. "So I had to make positive substitutions and act quite early. That's what we did and it paid off. It doesn't always work like that but luckily today it did."

Symons threw loan signing Michael Turner straight into his starting XI for his Fulham debut and was impressed with the centre-half's performance.

"I brought him in to give us that bit of solidity and experience at the back," explained the boss. "We have a lot of players without Championship experience. He talks and communicates well and leads that backline and I thought he did very well today. I was really pleased with his performance."

Asked about reports in the media this week linking Ross McCormack with a move away from SW6, Symons gave the rumours short shrift.

"There will always be interest in Ross as he's a very good player," stated Kit. "But he won't be going anywhere and we certainly won't be letting him go out on loan as was mooted in some areas of the press.

"He's worked his socks off ever since he's been here and that's one of the reasons why our fans love him so much. He's a talented, quality player but he'll give you that work rate as well which is a great combination to have."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/14/manager-reaction