News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Old Sod's Army-Graham Leggat

Started by bog, December 27, 2015, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I watched last week's SPOTY (all rather ironic seeing as how the BBC have very few live sports anymore) I always find the part near the end when they run through with photographs all those sportsman or those who were part of the sporting scene, who had passed way in the last 12 months.
   Why did they not show Graham Leggat's picture? He was a Scottish International when that country had some top quality players. Why not have Graham's?  I have been offline for while after moving house so if this has been covered before please ignore. 

092.gif

bill taylors apprentice

Didn't watch it but typical of them.

It would be nice to think that someone in the clubs PR department would make it their business to inform all media outlets of his passing by way of a press release praising Leggat's time at the club.

Who knows ?  The club are always keen to trade off the clubs unique history without really understanding what makes it so.  

dannyboi-ffc

You know what Bog I felt exactly the same way mate.  I only caught a chunk of the show by accident, didn't plan on watching it and the bit you mentioned came on straight away. Like you Leggatt came straight to my head and I was looking for his picture but deep down part of me knew it wasn't going to happen.

Surprise surprise. But to be honest even our club made a pathetic attempt at remembering him so it's just sport in general nowadays unfortunately. 
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- dannyboiffc@gmail.com
Email- fulhamfocusff@gmail.com

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging


bog

If it is down to a faliure by our club then they should be ashamed of themselves. That would confirm what a lot of us feel about the direction of the club in relation of revered or indeed any former players. I feel like contacting the BBC to ask how the list is compiled. Felt really annoyed at the time.


092.gif 

dannyboi-ffc

#4
Quote from: bog on December 27, 2015, 09:06:41 PM
If it is down to a faliure by our club then they should be ashamed of themselves. That would confirm what a lot of us feel about the direction of the club in relation of revered or indeed any former players. I feel like contacting the BBC to ask how the list is compiled. Felt really annoyed at the time.


092.gif  

I'm just basing it on the tribute given by the club when Leggatt passed away. It was against Blackburn live on TV and it felt like it was a chore for them.

The tribute was read out whilst the music was still playing mainly due to the inexperience of the new announcer. To be fair to him he had never done anything like that before so had no experience but still not good enough. Blackburn fans were singing because they didn't realise what was actually happening until half way through. We then did a minutes applause and Graham was forgotten about.

I'm only 27 and I felt short changed knowing how special he was. I cant imagine how annoyed those who saw him play must have been.

No excuses tuesday night. I sound like a broken record but the tribute for Jimmy better be special.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- dannyboiffc@gmail.com
Email- fulhamfocusff@gmail.com

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging