News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Finland v England

Started by filham, October 13, 2024, 11:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

I really like Finland's home shirt

filham

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on October 14, 2024, 09:12:44 AMI really like Finland's home shirt
The England kit was dreadful, looked like old Chelsea kit that had miised the laundry for a season.

Holders

Quote from: filham on October 14, 2024, 10:03:14 AM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on October 14, 2024, 09:12:44 AMI really like Finland's home shirt
The England kit was dreadful, looked like old Chelsea kit that had miised the laundry for a season.

England's national colours are red and white - not grey. The change strip should be red.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria


Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on October 14, 2024, 11:10:43 AM
Quote from: filham on October 14, 2024, 10:03:14 AM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on October 14, 2024, 09:12:44 AMI really like Finland's home shirt
The England kit was dreadful, looked like old Chelsea kit that had miised the laundry for a season.

England's national colours are red and white - not grey. The change strip should be red.

Absolutely

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lester Burnham

Quote from: alfie on October 13, 2024, 02:51:08 PM
Quote from: Yorkie_FFC on October 13, 2024, 01:48:27 PMFrom a commercial point of view I can understand these fixtures but from a fans and players point of view, I really can't understand them at all. If it was a franchise system you could easily justify sending players off to different parts of the world but when you "own" the players contract and need them at the weekend it makes a mockery making them playing fixtures for ultimately not many are bothered about. Since the World Cup predates the Euros by about 30 years, I would even say I would prefer to have an extended World Cup but scrap all of the continents country tournaments.
I'm curious to know how you know the players are not bothered about it, because the players I know/knew loved playing for their country.
I myself love international football.

Me and you both alfie!  Club and Country.

RaySmith

Quote from: filham on October 14, 2024, 10:03:14 AM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on October 14, 2024, 09:12:44 AMI really like Finland's home shirt
The England kit was dreadful, looked like old Chelsea kit that had miised the laundry for a season.

Also liked the Finland shirt.

The England shirt was 'deep raisin' apparently - imagine chanting 'come on you deep raisins'!!!!


Lighthouse

Quote from: Lester Burnham on October 14, 2024, 05:50:25 PM
Quote from: alfie on October 13, 2024, 02:51:08 PM
Quote from: Yorkie_FFC on October 13, 2024, 01:48:27 PMFrom a commercial point of view I can understand these fixtures but from a fans and players point of view, I really can't understand them at all. If it was a franchise system you could easily justify sending players off to different parts of the world but when you "own" the players contract and need them at the weekend it makes a mockery making them playing fixtures for ultimately not many are bothered about. Since the World Cup predates the Euros by about 30 years, I would even say I would prefer to have an extended World Cup but scrap all of the continents country tournaments.
I'm curious to know how you know the players are not bothered about it, because the players I know/knew loved playing for their country.
I myself love international football.

Me and you both alfie!  Club and Country.

We should have a competition that means something. World Cup qualifiers etc. Even Euro qualification. But instead we have this over busy fixture list of leagues to see who qualifies for the top section of a league who then have to qualify for the European competition who then......Like European club football. Knockouts were fun. Now leagues make yet more meaningless football. Nobody can convince me that we have had one decent match or even entertaining match since we have had this swamping of the fixture list for internationals.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 14, 2024, 03:16:41 PM
Quote from: Holders on October 14, 2024, 11:10:43 AM
Quote from: filham on October 14, 2024, 10:03:14 AM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on October 14, 2024, 09:12:44 AMI really like Finland's home shirt
The England kit was dreadful, looked like old Chelsea kit that had miised the laundry for a season.

England's national colours are red and white - not grey. The change strip should be red.

Absolutely



Is this the kind of red shirt England should be wearing


Yorkie_FFC


I'm curious to know how you know the players are not bothered about it, because the players I know/knew loved playing for their country.
I myself love international football.

[/quote]

Without a mass survey it's difficult to answer. If we are looking at Nations League, you have to wonder why England were relegated to "Nations League B" from group A, after losing twice to Hungary. In the Nations League Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, and Scotland are in the 'A' groups. Were England really that bothered about that tournament and that bothered this time around?

From the prospective of a monetary value for playing for England (other countries will vary) the players are apparently paid £2000 per match each which they donate to charity, so in effect playing for nil returns (it would be nice to think this was a good as they make it seem as a nice charity donation however how much is £2000 to a top end footballer) taking Harry Kane as an example he is paid circa £400,000 per week at Bayern. 

In the nations league there are 6 group games, plus others if you progress but to what exactly, well done you won a made up competition that we used to have breaks for organised friendlies to try out new things/players. Football is at a risk of diluting itself out commercially. If you look at the fixtures there has been an option of football even if your interest is Women's Champions League every single day (only 10th October no real men's football) for at least the past 4 weeks, they are even moving EFL League 1 games to a Thursday to fill gaps alongside the Championship Friday night fixtures.

Some genuinely might enjoy playing for their country and if they want to burn themselves out or risk an injury playing on a wet Tuesday in Bosnia or wherever you get to then good luck. I am not saying scrap internationals altogether but for the welfare of the players at least get rid of the unneeded games.


alfie

Quote from: Yorkie_FFC on October 16, 2024, 01:46:29 PMI'm curious to know how you know the players are not bothered about it, because the players I know/knew loved playing for their country.
I myself love international football.


Without a mass survey it's difficult to answer. If we are looking at Nations League, you have to wonder why England were relegated to "Nations League B" from group A, after losing twice to Hungary. In the Nations League Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, and Scotland are in the 'A' groups. Were England really that bothered about that tournament and that bothered this time around?

From the prospective of a monetary value for playing for England (other countries will vary) the players are apparently paid £2000 per match each which they donate to charity, so in effect playing for nil returns (it would be nice to think this was a good as they make it seem as a nice charity donation however how much is £2000 to a top end footballer) taking Harry Kane as an example he is paid circa £400,000 per week at Bayern. 

In the nations league there are 6 group games, plus others if you progress but to what exactly, well done you won a made up competition that we used to have breaks for organised friendlies to try out new things/players. Football is at a risk of diluting itself out commercially. If you look at the fixtures there has been an option of football even if your interest is Women's Champions League every single day (only 10th October no real men's football) for at least the past 4 weeks, they are even moving EFL League 1 games to a Thursday to fill gaps alongside the Championship Friday night fixtures.

Some genuinely might enjoy playing for their country and if they want to burn themselves out or risk an injury playing on a wet Tuesday in Bosnia or wherever you get to then good luck. I am not saying scrap internationals altogether but for the welfare of the players at least get rid of the unneeded games.
[/quote]
I appreciate your opinion.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on October 13, 2024, 02:51:08 PM
Quote from: Yorkie_FFC on October 13, 2024, 01:48:27 PMFrom a commercial point of view I can understand these fixtures but from a fans and players point of view, I really can't understand them at all. If it was a franchise system you could easily justify sending players off to different parts of the world but when you "own" the players contract and need them at the weekend it makes a mockery making them playing fixtures for ultimately not many are bothered about. Since the World Cup predates the Euros by about 30 years, I would even say I would prefer to have an extended World Cup but scrap all of the continents country tournaments.
I'm curious to know how you know the players are not bothered about it, because the players I know/knew loved playing for their country.
I myself love international football.

As i do Alfie

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

White Knight

Quote from: Colton F.C. on October 14, 2024, 08:19:48 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 14, 2024, 03:16:41 PM
Quote from: Holders on October 14, 2024, 11:10:43 AM
Quote from: filham on October 14, 2024, 10:03:14 AM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on October 14, 2024, 09:12:44 AMI really like Finland's home shirt
The England kit was dreadful, looked like old Chelsea kit that had miised the laundry for a season.

England's national colours are red and white - not grey. The change strip should be red.

Absolutely



Is this the kind of red shirt England should be wearing



Yes