News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Lecomte extended contract

Started by FFC007, September 14, 2026, 08:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC007

One year extension for Lecomte until 2028...

Southcoastffc

Given that (as I imagine most would agree) Leno's best days appear to be behind him and we should be looking for a new number 1 keeper for next season, I wonder if George Wickens would be a good option?  He came through our academy, and has done really well at Lincoln who are now in the Championship.  Only 2 Champ teams have conceded fewer than Lincoln so far this year. He's 6'5", always looked good in our Academy games, last year won the EFL League One Golden Glove and in that league's team of the season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bill taylors apprentice

W
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 15, 2026, 03:22:22 PMGiven that (as I imagine most would agree) Leno's best days appear to be behind him and we should be looking for a new number 1 keeper for next season, I wonder if George Wickens would be a good option?  He came through our academy, and has done really well at Lincoln who are now in the Championship.  Only 2 Champ teams have conceded fewer than Lincoln so far this year. He's 6'5", always looked good in our Academy games, last year won the EFL League One Golden Glove and in that league's team of the season.

Wickens turned down a contract at FFC to find first team football and he accepted less money to play at Lincoln.
He's highly rated at Lincoln (I live in Lincoln) and unlikely to come back and sit on the bench


Southcoastffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 15, 2026, 05:10:09 PMW
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 15, 2026, 03:22:22 PMGiven that (as I imagine most would agree) Leno's best days appear to be behind him and we should be looking for a new number 1 keeper for next season, I wonder if George Wickens would be a good option?  He came through our academy, and has done really well at Lincoln who are now in the Championship.  Only 2 Champ teams have conceded fewer than Lincoln so far this year. He's 6'5", always looked good in our Academy games, last year won the EFL League One Golden Glove and in that league's team of the season.

Wickens turned down a contract at FFC to find first team football and he accepted less money to play at Lincoln.
He's highly rated at Lincoln (I live in Lincoln) and unlikely to come back and sit on the bench
Understood.  But I'm looking a bit ahead and thinking of him being our number one.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.