watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (02/07/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 02, 2017, 08:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham Supporters Trust to discuss groundbreaking relationship with the club at St George's Park summit
The Trust and Fulham FC have been described as one of the best partnerships in the country

Fulham Supporters' Trust will be offering advice to other clubs at this weekend's Supporters Direct and Football Supporters' Federation Supporters Summit at St George's Park.

The FST have been asked to talk to delegates at St George's Park about how their groundbreaking dialogue with Fulham has built trust between the football club and the fans and offered the Trust more influence over the club's decision making.

Since 2014, Trust representatives have met with Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh each month to discuss issues raised by the supporters and release notes from the meeting to the wider Fulham fanbase.

The Trust's presentation will feature a video message to the summit from Alistair Mackintosh as well as a summary of the dialogue's successes from Trust Board members.

The structured dialogue has delivered several tangible benefits for Fulham fans including placing a supporter on the club's board, securing Fulham's future at Craven Cottage, a three-year season-ticket price freeze, an established partnership between the Trust and the award-winning Fulham Foundation and delivering successful supporter events at Craven Cottage.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-supporters-trust-discuss-groundbreaking-13266982

WhiteJC

Three Exciting Wingers Who Can Do A Better Job Than Viktor Fisher At Middlesbrough

After signing for Middlesbrough just 12 months ago, Viktor Fischer has departed Boro. He has signed a four-year deal with German side FSV Mainz. Fischer struggled for game time at Middlesbrough. He made just 16 appearances in all competitions last season. However, many Boro fans believed that Fischer had been underused and could have been a real threat in the Championship next season.

Despite this shared view, new boss Garry Monk did not see it that way. He told Fischer he was not a part of his plans and thus Fischer has moved to Mainz in hopes of reviving his career.

Now Fischer has left, Stewart Downing has been told he can leave and Adam Traore is attracting attention from several clubs, Middlesbrough's winger situation is not looking good. This is especially bad when Middlesbrough's attack was already in need of improvement so selling Fischer really did not help that.

Now one thing is clear. Middlesbrough need to sign some good quality wingers if they want to stand any chance of promotion next season. Here are three potential options to fill Fischer's role.

Helder Costa
Helder Costa is a 23-year-old Portuguese winger currently signed for Championship side Wolves. Costa arrived from Benfica for an astonishing £12.75 million in January this year after spending over a year on loan at Wolves. Since arriving from Portugal, Costa has been one of the best wingers in the Championship. In his 35 appearances last season he earned 10 goals and eight assists. A very respectable tally considering Wolves themselves finished in 15th place. Another big plus point of the winger is his pace and flair, which he has in abundance. This would be a key point for Boro as chairman Steve Gibson is desperate to add pace and flair to his side.

Wolves themselves do not want to sell Costa. But it is quite clear Costa's ability is much better than a club that finishes 15th in the Championship. So while Boro may have to pay a hefty price to allow Wolves to sell him, if Middlesbrough do sign him, there's no doubt he would do fantastic in Middlesbrough's squad and would really help in the Teessider's promotion push.

Sam Larsson
Larson is a left winger from Sweden who plays for Dutch club SC Heerenveen in the Eredivisie. Larsson is 24 years of age and has been playing for Heerenveen for three years. His most impressive season would have to be this past one. He played a total of 31 league games managing nine goals and 13 assists. His 13 assists were also the most in the Eredivisie last season. This shows what a quality player he is and that he would certainly be able to smash the Championship.

Granted you may think there is no way he would ever come to Middlesbrough in the Championship. But his current club Heerenveen are an average Dutch side who finished 9th last season. So it's not like he is going to be getting European football. Furthermore, if you can convince him that Middlesbrough will get promoted next season and that he'd then be playing in the Premier League, it's likely he would sign.

Sone Aluko
The final winger who could replace Fischer is Fulham attacker Sone Aluko. Aluko was a key part of the Fulham side that finished in the play-offs last season. He played most of his games as a right winger or behind the striker. Two positions Boro are short on. He is also very fast, which is something Middlesbrough want to add of. Moreover, last season he boasted a very impressive eight goals and 12 assists in the league. This shows he can add both goals and creativity.

Also, Aluko knows what it takes to be a part of a promotion winning side as he was part of the Hull City side that won the play-offs in 2015/16.

Aluko is 28 meaning he would probably be the cheapest of the three wingers mentioned. But despite his age, he is still a fast winger who could add much-needed goals and assists to lacklustre Boro attack.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/06/three-exciting-wingers-can-better-job-viktor-fisher-middlesbrough/

WhiteJC

QPR beat Aston Villa, Brentford and Fulham to capture of Barnsley midfielder
The 24-year-old has agreed a three year deal at Loftus Road after turning down a new contract at Barnsley

QPR have beaten Aston Villa, Brentford, Fulham and Wolves to the signing of Barnsley midfielder Josh Scowen.

The 24-year-old has agreed a three year deal at Loftus Road after turning down a new contract at Barnsley.

The tough tackling midfielder is the Hoops' first signing this summer and manager Ian Holloway is delighted to have his man.

"It's a great first signing for us and I couldn't be happier with the work that has been done to identify him for us," Holloway told the club's official website.

"He was identified by the scouting network we've got in place here and they told me everything I needed to know about him, both in terms of his ability as a player and his character.

"I am delighted to bring him in."

Holloway added: "Despite being young, he has played an awful lot of games already in his career and that's great because it shows he can knock out 90 minutes, week in, week out.

"He's also got a great pass in his locker and I like his attitude as well – he's tenacious, gritty and has a real will-to-win, which is what we need.

"What really pleases me about this signing is that he had plenty of options to go elsewhere, but he opted for QPR – and did so for the right reasons. He really wanted to come here and play for us – how good is that?

"I want to bring players here who care about this club and have the right attitude – Josh fits that mould."

Scowen paid tribute to Ian Holloway and Les Ferdinand after completing his move to Loftus Road.

"I'm very happy to join such a great club," the QPR new boy said.

"When I met Ian Holloway and Les Ferdinand they made me feel welcome and made me feel like I was going to be a big part of their plans, which is always great to hear as a player.

"I'll do my best to impress the gaffer and my team-mates in pre-season and hopefully I can be in the manager's plans and in the starting line-up for the opening game of the season."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-beat-aston-villa-brentford-13267170

WhiteJC

Canada 150: Remembering Fulham favourites Paul Peschisolido and Tomasz Radzinski
The 43-year-old was born in Poznan, Poland but moved to Canada in 1990 to North York Rockets where he spent three years before joining St Catharines Wolves

Canada celebrates it's 150th anniversary from it's confederation today (July 1) and former Fulham favourite Tomasz Radzinski made 46 appearances for his country.

The 43-year-old was born in Poznan, Poland but moved to Canada in 1990 to North York Rockets where he spent three years before joining St Catharines Wolves.

The striker moved to Europe in 1994, joining Ekeren in Belgium where he scored 42 times in 104 appearances.

Anderlecht came calling and he fared even better there, finding the net on 52 occasions, playing just 77 league games.

Everton signed him for a fee of around £4.5million, which was the highest transfer fee for a Canadian at the time.

Tomasz Radzinski shadowed by Luke Young

Radzinski had three years at Goodison Park, scoring 25 Premier League goals in 91 appearances before he joined Fulham in 2004.

While he was not as prolific, the striker did score some crucial goals for the club in his 103 games before he was released by Lawrie Sanchez.

After Fulham he had stints with Xanthi, Lierse and Beveren, making 500 league appearances in his overall career and scored 190 goals.

Radzinski scored 10 goals in 46 games for his country.

On the ball: Paul Peschisolido

Paul Peschisolido also represented Canada during his time at Fulham.

He had four years with the club, scoring 24 goals in 95 league games having previously been with Birmingham (twice), Stoke and West Brom.

Overall, in his career the Ontario born striker scored 10 goals for Canada in 53 appearances for his country and was inducted into the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/canada-150-remembering-fulham-favourite-13268056

WhiteJC

FORMER GILLS LEGEND MICKY ADAMS JOINS THE BEES

Former Gills full-back Micky Adams who has had a splendid career both as a player and manager in the Premier League with Leicester, Coventry and Fulham has agreed to help Harborough Town (The Bees) develop its U18 youth players.

Micky, now 55 years old will run the youth team for the Leicestershire-based United Counties League Premier Division club.

Micky Adams was one of Gills great players who started his career in 1978 as a Gills apprentice under manager Keith Peacock. During the early 1980's Keith switched Micky from a winger to full-back to great effect eventually making 103 appearances scoring five goals before moving to First Division Coventry in 1983 for £75,000.

Micky's career blossomed with some big money transfers for the day as Micky moved to Leeds, Southampton and then Fulham making a total of 438 league appearances in a nineteen-year professional career. His first management position was with Mohammed Al Fayed's Fulham and he took them to the Third Division Championship in his first season.

From this excellent start Micky's managerial career grew in strength and he was named Manager of the Season twice with success at Swansea, Brentford, Nottingham Forest, Leicester and Coventry. While also managing Brighton in two spells he took them to the Second Division. In May 2009 Micky took over at Port Vale and despite great financial difficulties steered them to lofty positions.

In various interviews Micky has commented about his Priestfield time saying, "I started my career with Gillingham and I've got some very fond memories. I always look forward to going back there and Gills Chairman Paul Scally is a good friend as well."

Micky continued, "Your first club is like your first girlfriend – you never forget them. I love Gills because in terms of my playing career the Club to me means everything. That's where I served my apprenticeship for two years and I still hold dear the principles I was taught, such as the work ethic. I made my first-team debut against Rotherham while I was an apprentice at the age of 17.

Adams identifies Gillingham's then youth-team manager Bill 'Buster' Collins as being a major influence on his career. Collins headed up the Gills' youth set-up for nearly 20 years and introduced Adams to coaching while he was still a teenager. "I had good managers and teachers at Gillingham, including Buster. Me and Steve Bruce came through the ranks together and we've both gone on to have good careers – and that was because people like Buster drilled such good habits into us."

Micky Adam's new position is with Harborough Town Football Club based in Market Harborough, Leicestershire and they are currently members of the United Counties league - Premier Division.

At Harborough Micky hopes to bring his 'Buster' Collins Gillingham experience to bear and to be an inspiration to both the players and the Clubs coaches. In preparation for the coming season he will be running trials open for 15-17 years old throughout July and early August.

http://gillsconnect.com/s/Gills_News_Desk/Entries/2017/7/1_FORMER_GILLS_LEGEND_MICKY_ADAMS_JOINS_THE_BEES.html