watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What does your match-day involve?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, September 21, 2018, 08:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

For me, it involves getting up early, around 7:30am, walking to the train station, an hours main line jeorney, then about 30 minutes on the tube. From there, I stop for a bit of breakfast in the cafe' then into my local Fulham haunt for a few pints. Around 2:30pm, I take a stroll to the ground, via Bishops Park, then in via the turnstile that reflects my age.

What does everyone else do? My jeorney is not that long, but I know others come from quite far.

Is there something you do regularly every game?

Twig

We leave from Ealing about 2 hrs before ko. Travel from Boston Manor to Hammersmith. Enjoy the walk to the ground along the Thames. Unlike many I don't often drink before a game so it's more likely a coffee and a snack somewhere. 

After the match we often walk back along the river to the Dove. A couple of beers and find somewhere for a meal and a glass of wine (not easy in Hammersmith which is a bit of a desert for restaurants)!

RaySmith

I don't go to many home games, mostly away fairly near, but when I do it varies  down to how I travel, which can be train or coach.

My last home game was the first of the season against Palace, which involved catching a 5 am local bus, to get a train  to get the Megabus to London- 16 quid return.
I got into London at 12, then a pint in Wetherspoons at Victoria before getting the tube.

I'd been pleased to find a coach that meant I could return the same day - usually I had to travel back overnight, but this meant getting to Victoria  by 6pm. But I had to hope the coach was on time, so that I could get my last train home. It was about fifteen minutes late, which meant jumping in a cab to the station, and just making the train by seconds. Phew! Not sure if I'd try that again.

And we lost the game!

tommy

Tomorrow I'll be getting up at 4.15am, making a cup of tea, putting my Fulham shirt on and settling in front of the TV for a 4.30am kickoff.

Milo

Quote from: tommy on September 22, 2018, 04:20:54 AM
Tomorrow I'll be getting up at 4.15am, making a cup of tea, putting my Fulham shirt on and settling in front of the TV for a 4.30am kickoff.

049:gif :54:

Dodgin

Check that the Croydon trams are running smooth as well as the District line

hovewhite

Mine is down to Brighton,as live out of area now, train then tube to Hammersmith,into my local for breakfast and a few beers walk down to the cottage for the game .

Vinnieffc

Leave about 0930, train from Bexleyheath to London, tube to Ealing  for a few beers with old mates, then on to Hammersmith and another quickie in The Chancellors before walking to the Cottage..

grandad

Take early flight from Alicante to Gatwick, take Easybus from Gatwick to West Brompton, then Tube to Putney Bridge & walk through Bishops Park. Stop off for a meal somewhere & go to match. After match go to my Mother in Southfields. Stay a few days & then return to Spain.
Those were the days, just too expensive now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Hanging a length of rope to the nearest tree with a noose on the end, in case I need it on the way home.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

Today?
- Kicking a dozy Burt Jr out of bed.
- Sitting in a traffic jam in Roehampton.
- Missing the first 10 minutes.

Most other times there's at least time to grab a bag of chips from Fishers :)