News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Great Win

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 16, 2019, 09:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: The Enclosurite on August 16, 2019, 09:47:43 PM
Pleased for Cav.  He's not had the greatest of starts but that goal will do wonders for his confidence.

Indeed. Let's hope so.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Enclosurite on August 16, 2019, 09:47:43 PM
Pleased for Cav.  He's not had the greatest of starts but that goal will do wonders for his confidence.

Hope So.

SP

Back to back wins.  COYWs!


Ordar

I reckon we're about 3 weeks away from destroying someone. Signs are definitely there

grandad

Just seen the replay of Cav`s wonder goal. It was the great run by Bryan that created the space. Tremendous vision.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

Second half was top class - Stevie Sess was class. Once again Harry Arter was fantastic in the holding role, his passing was a bit off in the first half but I love how he's always hard into the tackles, really adds a bit of steel into our team. Also honourable shoutout to the defence as a whole, only allowed one shot on target in two games, and it was only just in. I know we've not played teams with massive attacking prowess but it's good to see them getting more used to one another and confident and playing well as a unit


absenteeism

Arter was poor but never stopped trying. Not sure that midfield trio will work long term.

Good win but Huddersfield were crap

Ordar

I agree, defensively I feel we're a lot better, despite people's opinion on here. The midfield is helping out a lot more.

YankeeJim

Quote from: bobbo on August 16, 2019, 09:55:32 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 16, 2019, 09:45:14 PM
Don't know if its a horrible night Its currently 32 here in SoCal with a nice breeze and not a cloud in the sky. Course, it always is.
no it's not I was there 3 weeks ago😂😂

You didn't stop by?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmq4WIjQxp0
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.


YankeeJim

Johansen is going to see his pitch time diminish. I think Reid brings a lot more on the attack and should take over the third mid field spot.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Ordar

I think our back 4 is a lot better (in this league) than people give it credit for. Bryan in particular is brilliant

Twig

Quote from: Ordar on August 16, 2019, 10:09:32 PM
I think our back 4 is a lot better (in this league) than people give it credit for. Bryan in particular is brilliant

Agree that Bryan has started the season well.  Great work for our second goal last Saturday and more good work today.  I do worry that Cav's unwillingness to track back much leaves him a bit exposed though.


Woolly Mammoth

Excellent goals that topped a good second half performance, at times it looked as though we were the home team. Good game management by Scott, and we looked Street Wise, with more leaders and characters this year. Pleased for Sess, I would imagine he would have initially been nervous which is understandable, and he got 90+ 5 precious minutes. As a team we had a stronger mentality tonight, and it showed, and we now have something to build on, and we had the flavour, and we must keep it ticking over, and keep playing at our tempo.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Finnans Right Peg

This is the tyle of game last year when it went 1 all we woukd lost loads of character in this team from the manager down the leaders we have now mitro mawson arter reid carney looks more at it stef jo ream even mcdonald on the bench

RaySmith

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 16, 2019, 09:42:08 PM
On a horrible night up there. 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

0001.jpeg :plus one:
082.gif


toshes mate

I thought Steven Sessegnon was outstanding for a nineteen year old in spite of a couple of minor positional lapses early on and was my MOTM.  Cavaleiro's goal was beautifully struck and made up for a lacklustre first half.  Mitro's header was excellent but he was a bit naughty late on which, in spite of the poor refereeing consistency throughout, is never excusable.  I liked the way Arter was re-invented by Parker for this game playing a more conservative role.  Knockaert continues to work hard and show signs of brilliance while the midfield did appear to dominate much of the second half.  Ream's calmness continues to impress and Mawson'e uneveness continues to confound but somehow the two get closer and closer to a good pairing.   Bryan continues to impress at times only to spoil it with poor decision making at others. 

A decent win against a team lacking in morale and confidence, but there has to be much, much more than this to come from Parker.

Glimpses of Jokanovic for a few moments here and there but still moments of awfulness too. 

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: toshes mate on August 17, 2019, 07:35:02 AM
I thought Steven Sessegnon was outstanding for a nineteen year old in spite of a couple of minor positional lapses early on and was my MOTM.  Cavaleiro's goal was beautifully struck and made up for a lacklustre first half.  Mitro's header was excellent but he was a bit naughty late on which, in spite of the poor refereeing consistency throughout, is never excusable.  I liked the way Arter was re-invented by Parker for this game playing a more conservative role.  Knockaert continues to work hard and show signs of brilliance while the midfield did appear to dominate much of the second half.  Ream's calmness continues to impress and Mawson'e uneveness continues to confound but somehow the two get closer and closer to a good pairing.   Bryan continues to impress at times only to spoil it with poor decision making at others. 

A decent win against a team lacking in morale and confidence, but there has to be much, much more than this to come from Parker.

Glimpses of Jokanovic for a few moments here and there but still moments of awfulness too. 

I agree almost totally.
I wouldn't say moments of awfulness, just Mawson losing his man for the goal which is disturbing for a player rated so highly just a couple of seasons ago.

Mistakes will always be made and its the unforced errors that can kill you and they seem to be diminishing.
I thought we should have made more of our chances and having 3 greedy forwards worked against us a little at times but then it was an advantage for the winner.

Steve Sessegnon's performance was excellent and more so considering the early yellow card.
Frankly he looked a better all round footballer than his brother to me, albeit based on one game

YoungsBitter

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 17, 2019, 07:51:40 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on August 17, 2019, 07:35:02 AM
I thought Steven Sessegnon was outstanding for a nineteen year old in spite of a couple of minor positional lapses early on and was my MOTM. 
Steve Sessegnon's performance was excellent and more so considering the early yellow card.
Frankly he looked a better all round footballer than his brother to me, albeit based on one game
I thought the same, yes its just one game but what a full debut. Calm yet really grew in to it, that run for the ball for the goal shows he has the pace and his close skill at times in the 2nd half definitely better than the more famous twin.
Quark, strangeness and charm