News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Qpr

Started by Andy S, September 22, 2020, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 23, 2020, 04:46:48 AM
When 45% of Americans are happy to take the knee but don't bother to take less than 30 minutes to vote every four years, I think its unfair to single out the problem as "Trump supporters that do vote that also refuse to take the knee because they believe in the opposite policies to solving America's problems to the Democrats". Democrat policies like "reducing gun ownership to reduce gun crime", which seems logically for anyone growing up in Fulham (like me), might not make sense to a decent citizen growing up in Wisconsin, but not voting is most often just laziness and not caring.

The only one more stupid than a gun nut is someone who thinks that any gun regulation will affect the crime rate.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 04:45:23 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 25, 2020, 04:00:59 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 05:15:28 AM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 25, 2020, 04:53:55 AM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on September 25, 2020, 03:01:52 AM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 24, 2020, 05:58:09 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 24, 2020, 05:14:50 PM
I don't have a problem with qpr not taking a knee if they don't take action if one of their players chooses to individually do so prior to kick off. Imo

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Amen. I think the protests have been a great failure or mistake. First, I don't think the movement is seriously warranted, which many people seem to realize. Second, millionaire athletes needed to have sacrificed much more, like their millions, if they wanted to really try and affect some kind of change if they knew what that actually was, but instead they're just posturing, continue to play and take their pay. And I am someone who also definitely supports the statement: black lives matter. Who truly doesn't in America in 2020?

One did, he lost his football career over it. I respect him for what he chose to sacrifice and the symbolism he was trying to invoke. The fact that so many Americans did not either understand or chose to demonize his actions was upsetting to me. But it was in line with the status quo. You either had to be either ignorant or have your head in the sand to not realize these things were occurring in the United States.

Kneeling before each game now seems opportunistic on the part of professional leagues. Much like a moment of silence before a game, doing it as they returned seemed legitimate, not so much now. I respect QPR's statement and believe it is correct. If a player wants to kneel, sing, put their arm over their heart during an anthem, more power to them. Otherwise, it is time to start looking for better, more effective ways to invoke true change.

That is absolutely not true. He wasn't a good enough quarterback and his play ran him out of the league. And now he's profiting because of the corporate use of BLM. Nike pays him millions to endorse their stuff. CK is just a poseur who is profiting from pretending to be a black radical of the 60s.

What is ignorant is trying to say black people don't have equal rights or are lesser than in America. That hasn't been the case for years. What is going on today is about profit and political power. It's quite laughable but for the fact that it pays big time for someone like Kaepernick who is a pretty face for corporations to profit off of. Hopefully this is the halcyon days of critical race theorists, because they are bane to all human beings.
I may be wrong...but your post implies that you think racism is no longer a thing anywhere. Am I correct in that assumption?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

No, my post does not imply racism is no longer a thing anywhere. Racism exists everywhere and probably will to some degree forever, since human beings are inherently bigoted towards others for all manner of reasons. Clearly though Barack Obama couldn't have been President if America was truly a racist place. Sadiq Khan couldn't have made it in America so that he could now own Fulham. LeBron James couldn't be on a path to billionaire status if our way of life and laws were racist. And Minneapolis would have never hired an Asian, Hispanic, and black cop to arrest George Floyd that day.

As you know, racism isn't just a white on black thing, but can be a black on white thing, a white on white thing, so on and so forth. BLM is itself arguably a racist movement or at the very least a movement that abides racists. I can't support that and will stand up to those who do. Do black lives matter though? Yes, most definitely.
Good post...but please explain how BLM abides racism.  I'm sure there are some racist minorities using it to push an agenda...but surely that's a vast minority itself.


And while your listing of successful minorities is correct...the BLM movement is meant to drive home a WORLD problem...not just an American problem.



Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

First, the BLM movement, especially the organized and corporate/big money sponsored part, is not about any world problem. It is simply about obtaining/maintaining wealth and power in the United States, and secondly in Britain and other western countries. I get that you and many others support the generic BLM language about a racist free world. Who doesn't? Again, who doesn't support the statement that black lives matter in the United States?

BLM, on the other hand, openly supports racism when it expressly criticizes people because they are not black. This rhetoric is all too common among BLM supporters. What do they not call white supremacist today? Why are they trying to publicly and professionally shame people who express disagreement with them? Fighting racism with racism is stupid all the way round. This is why I support QPR's not wanting to take a knee. Supporting BLM is much more complicated then just believing in a world without racism.

john dempsey

I thought QPR were based in shepherds bush   


AnOldBrownie

[
Editing so the thread isn't super long.

I just think we're talking about two different groups...both falling under the BLM umbrella.   I don't have a problem with or without QPR taking a knee.  I assume you don't have a problem with either choice either...as long as the symbolism isn't driven by an agenda more than anti racism.

We'll agree to be on the same side, yet feel differently about the movement. 082.gif

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 06:26:17 PM
[
Editing so the thread isn't super long.

I just think we're talking about two different groups...both falling under the BLM umbrella.   I don't have a problem with or without QPR taking a knee.  I assume you don't have a problem with either choice either...as long as the symbolism isn't driven by an agenda more than anti racism.

We'll agree to be on the same side, yet feel differently about the movement. 082.gif

I think you're spot on and totally fair. We're two people, Americans, who follow Fulham. More power to both us.  082.gif