News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Worried for next season

Started by Willham, May 07, 2024, 10:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

I'm only worried if silva goes. Anything else is replaceable.

Arthur

Our current squad has drifted down the table. In my opinion, if we don't strengthen with additions in defence, midfield and attack, we will be in the bottom six next season - which means we risk being in the midst a relegation battle if Forest and one of the promoted teams do better than might be predicted. If we have the financial leeway to purchase at least three players who can improve our starting XI, it's a risk we shouldn't entertain. I would like there to be 'clear daylight' between ourselves and the team that will be third from bottom; right now, I'm not convinced this would be the case.

HV71

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 12, 2024, 09:30:13 AM
Quote from: HV71 on May 12, 2024, 08:59:48 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on May 12, 2024, 08:20:57 AMWill worry if we don't start positively next season.
Will worry if we lose JP and Willian
Will worry if we lose silva
If none of those happen and we strengthen will a few quality additions like last summer with bassey & iwobi.
Thinks we will be fine.


This ...
and let's face it our league position wouldn't be as good as it is without the points deductions for Everton and Nottingham Forest.

Forest would still be way behind. Everton would be a few points in front. We would still have been nowhere near relegation. Hasn't really affected us I think.

I totally get what you are saying Sting - but the point I was trying to make is that , given recent results, and responding to Hovewhites's excellent post - the direction of travel isn't that great( and if the points deductions had not happened) then we would be finishing 15thwith Brentford just behind us and Forest that bit closer. After finishing 10th last year and holding onto 12th for a good part of the season, I am a tad disappointed and concerned about how this has unraveled.


SP

From what I've seen of the Championship, I have no worries about next season. The gap grows ever larger.

FFC007

Would love to see Yaser Asprilla join for next season, another left footed strong option.

I wouldn't mind a punt at Emile Smith-Rowe from Arsenal who is available.

Definitely a striker needed, plus left and right back and a replacement for Adarabioyo.

Dewsbury-Hall has been mentioned, as has Rayan Cherki.

The age has to come down soon, or we will be getting another lower mid table finish to next season.

Somerset Fulham

Why do people think BDR is off? Marco has said that there is an offer on the table.


Surlyc

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 12, 2024, 04:15:22 PMWhy do people think BDR is off? Marco has said that there is an offer on the table.
It feels similar to Kebano. Just because there is an offer on the table, it does not mean it's an offer acceptable to the player. In fact given BDR's age, you'd think if the offer was acceptable he'd already have signed it.

Somerset Fulham

True Surlyc, true. He could reject the offer I suppose.

I would be surprised if he did though, as far as we know he doesn't have an offer to go to Saudi like Kebano had. Back to Bristol City, or to his mate Joe Bryan at Millwall?  He's still too good for that, I think.

YankeeJim

I am not worrisome over next season. Among the 13 teams we can compete with, I think we'll be fine. The top six? Fagetbout it. After viewing the Citi match, I came away with the thought that we have three players(all defenders) that might make Citi's bench. None of our attackers would get a sniff. Robinson can't cross well enough to start. Bassey isn't the quickest around and JP would start until his cards ticked off Guardiola. The league is set up for the top teams. The rest are Doughboys under Marshal Foch, simple cannon fodder.
I actually enjoy the football more when we are in the Championship. Yes, we occasionally ambush someone in the Prem, but for the most part the matches are like yesterday.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.


Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on May 12, 2024, 09:51:38 AMTo be honest it's not something I worry about, it's not going to change my life, it's just a game of football.

Of course to some it's everything, so fair enough for them.

I agree, it is what it is and my life will go on.
As you say it's just a game of football and at times boring and not worth the admission fee.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 12, 2024, 10:36:56 PMI am not worrisome over next season. Among the 13 teams we can compete with, I think we'll be fine. The top six? Fagetbout it. After viewing the Citi match, I came away with the thought that we have three players(all defenders) that might make Citi's bench. None of our attackers would get a sniff. Robinson can't cross well enough to start. Bassey isn't the quickest around and JP would start until his cards ticked off Guardiola. The league is set up for the top teams. The rest are Doughboys under Marshal Foch, simple cannon fodder.
I actually enjoy the football more when we are in the Championship. Yes, we occasionally ambush someone in the Prem, but for the most part the matches are like yesterday.

See I disagree on your last point, especially this season. We've actually got some points off the top six for once, so it points to being more competitive than ever. It's the points v Burnley, (home and away), sheff utd (away) that have shaped this season. Saturday was a bit of an anomaly for me, we've rolled over very few times this season.

The Rational Fan

#51
Fulham is at last in a position that it can focus on bringing in players that improve us in the medium-term and long-term.

I would prioritise getting both a long-term centre-back and a left-winger that is young and improves the squad immediately, then see how much remaining money there is, to see how much we can spend on other transfers and loans.