News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Kevin's first interview

Started by General, September 03, 2025, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Seems pretty switched on and ambitious.

Like the fact he said he always wanted to come here and wants to make a similar name for himself as Willian. Seems very focused on goals and assists to help the team. Played with Muniz as an academy player, though a couple of years below and playing together still. Seems to want to take people on 1-on-1, which is exciting.


LC

Muniz being here should help him settle in and he'll likely help with his English as well. It's a shame Andreas or Willian aren't here to help with that integration as well. I do wonder whether Willian retires next year and comes back to join our coaching staff.

Here's an interesting thought, both Muniz and Kevin have great season and make the Brazil World Cup squad.

alfie

Quote from: LC on September 03, 2025, 02:46:36 PMMuniz being here should help him settle in and he'll likely help with his English as well. It's a shame Andreas or Willian aren't here to help with that integration as well. I do wonder whether Willian retires next year and comes back to join our coaching staff.

Here's an interesting thought, both Muniz and Kevin have great season and make the Brazil World Cup squad.
Willian has stated he wants to be an agent.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't


LC

Quote from: alfie on September 03, 2025, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: LC on September 03, 2025, 02:46:36 PMMuniz being here should help him settle in and he'll likely help with his English as well. It's a shame Andreas or Willian aren't here to help with that integration as well. I do wonder whether Willian retires next year and comes back to join our coaching staff.

Here's an interesting thought, both Muniz and Kevin have great season and make the Brazil World Cup squad.
Willian has stated he wants to be an agent.


Ahhh that's a shame. He seemed to be well liked so I thought he would have been good to have around - a bit like Luis Boa Morte.

General

A simple montage showing all of Kevin's goals whilst at Shakhtar, which they put up after he signed for us.


Carborundum

Not sure I learned too much from interview or showreel, but what I did seemed positive. Quick feet, not here on his lonesome, not pretending that Fulham were his dream club, confident at penalties, albeit they wouldn't show any misses.

Oh, and Ukrainian defences are perhaps not quite up to PL standards.  Defending on the border of where "low block" becomes "no block".  A couple of times, I found myself wondering why he hadn't scored more, but perhaps that's being harsh.

I guess the feeling I have is that its a bit like when Mousa Dembele mk1 and Brian Ruiz arrived. You kind of knew quite quickly which way it would be with them and my hunch is it will be like that with this young man. It's a physical league here and whilst the Ukrainians might not have been able to get to grips with him, plenty here will.  He'll either be brave enough to beat them like Mousa did, or shrink from the tackle like Brian.

A roll of the dice that should be fun to watch.   

 


Nick Bateman

Seems a very good late signing. The board left it late but have strengthened Marco's campaign with 3 excellent additions.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"