News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Old Sod's Army-from the mess

Started by bog, October 02, 2026, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I do not like international breaks for this meaningless tournament. The World Cup and the Euros are enough. I am bored stiff. There is another one in November.  ::tongue::  ::angry::

Thank you and good night   

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

alfie

Quote from: bog on October 02, 2026, 09:29:38 AMI do not like international breaks for this meaningless tournament. The World Cup and the Euros are enough. I am bored stiff. There is another one in November.  ::tongue::  ::angry::

Thank you and good night   
Got to say I'm the opposite, I love watching England play.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't


Twig

Watching England is fine but I agree, these friendlies dressed up as a tournament are tedious.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on October 02, 2026, 02:11:22 PM
Quote from: bog on October 02, 2026, 09:29:38 AMI do not like international breaks for this meaningless tournament. The World Cup and the Euros are enough. I am bored stiff. There is another one in November.  ::tongue::  ::angry::

Thank you and good night   
Got to say I'm the opposite, I love watching England play.


As I do
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

jarv

Never like England play, boring football. Used to like them in the 70s.  Exciting players and attacking football. Despite being Scottish, I used to go to Wembley quite often to watch England.


Hatch007


The Cravenette

Quote from: jarv on October 03, 2026, 04:15:03 PMNever like England play, boring football. Used to like them in the 70s.  Exciting players and attacking football. Despite being Scottish, I used to go to Wembley quite often to watch England.

Not boring at the moment.

There will always be international breaks outside of tournaments. You can't expect National teams to only meet up and play when there is a tournament on. I actually prefer having the Nations League over friendlies, it makes the matches more interesting and worthwhile.

alfie

Quote from: The Cravenette on October 03, 2026, 06:02:07 PM
Quote from: jarv on October 03, 2026, 04:15:03 PMNever like England play, boring football. Used to like them in the 70s.  Exciting players and attacking football. Despite being Scottish, I used to go to Wembley quite often to watch England.

Not boring at the moment.

There will always be international breaks outside of tournaments. You can't expect National teams to only meet up and play when there is a tournament on. I actually prefer having the Nations League over friendlies, it makes the matches more interesting and worthwhile.
Must say that I have never seen a Croatian team this bad.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't


Twig

Quote from: jarv on October 03, 2026, 04:15:03 PMNever like England play, boring football. Used to like them in the 70s.  Exciting players and attacking football. Despite being Scottish, I used to go to Wembley quite often to watch England.

Boring? That didn't age well!

Twig

Quote from: alfie on October 03, 2026, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: The Cravenette on October 03, 2026, 06:02:07 PM
Quote from: jarv on October 03, 2026, 04:15:03 PMNever like England play, boring football. Used to like them in the 70s.  Exciting players and attacking football. Despite being Scottish, I used to go to Wembley quite often to watch England.

Not boring at the moment.

There will always be international breaks outside of tournaments. You can't expect National teams to only meet up and play when there is a tournament on. I actually prefer having the Nations League over friendlies, it makes the matches more interesting and worthwhile.
Must say that I have never seen a Croatian team this bad.


Perhaps, but England have been bloody good imo.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on October 03, 2026, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: The Cravenette on October 03, 2026, 06:02:07 PM
Quote from: jarv on October 03, 2026, 04:15:03 PMNever like England play, boring football. Used to like them in the 70s.  Exciting players and attacking football. Despite being Scottish, I used to go to Wembley quite often to watch England.

Not boring at the moment.

There will always be international breaks outside of tournaments. You can't expect National teams to only meet up and play when there is a tournament on. I actually prefer having the Nations League over friendlies, it makes the matches more interesting and worthwhile.
Must say that I have never seen a Croatian team this bad.


England made them look bad and on their own patch.
You have to be ruthless and show no mercy, and England did just that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.


Barrett487

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 02, 2026, 01:41:40 PMHear,hear

I agree with your agreement Mr F

btw, pleased to see your post. All too seldom these days  ::scarf:: 

alfie

Quote from: Twig on October 03, 2026, 06:44:41 PM
Quote from: alfie on October 03, 2026, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: The Cravenette on October 03, 2026, 06:02:07 PM
Quote from: jarv on October 03, 2026, 04:15:03 PMNever like England play, boring football. Used to like them in the 70s.  Exciting players and attacking football. Despite being Scottish, I used to go to Wembley quite often to watch England.

Not boring at the moment.

There will always be international breaks outside of tournaments. You can't expect National teams to only meet up and play when there is a tournament on. I actually prefer having the Nations League over friendlies, it makes the matches more interesting and worthwhile.
Must say that I have never seen a Croatian team this bad.


Perhaps, but England have been bloody good imo.
Yep you're not wrong.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Wolfie Smith

England away to Spain in Madrid in November will be cracking


Twig

Quote from: Wolfie Smith on October 03, 2026, 09:39:15 PMEngland away to Spain in Madrid in November will be cracking

It certainly will, if Kane hadn't missed his pen we'd have picked up a point at least so the November game should be interesting.

bog

There is no doubt that England looked good last night. They made Croatia look second rate. Was this because they were very poor and were there for the taking? The Spain game will be a real test.

But I still do not like this unnecessarily contrived tournament. The way the groups are now drawn for the World Cup and Euros 60% of the games are considered to be straightforward for the seeded countries. So do we need this tournament? Four games in eleven days in the International breaks? I don't think so.

Thank you and good night     

Somerset Fulham

Sure Croatia were poor but make no mistake, that was a display of absolute quality. Skill,fitness and desire which is all that anybody can ask of a side.

Among the best English performances I have ever seen, I think.