more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Episodes

Started by BalDrick, February 17, 2011, 04:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

Anyone else been watching this?

Very good at first, still good but starting to drag a tad IMO.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Enjoyed the second episode the most, the TV exec and his blind wife was hilarious.

Sporadically watched since then.

My fav programme at the moment is 'How TV Ruined Your Life' - the always excellent Charlie Brooker ranting for 30 minutes a week

BalDrick

Yep love that Charlie Brooker thing (and pretty well everything else with him in it).

On a tangent, watched the first 10 O'Clock Live thing - and came away thinking pretty lame. Other than David Mitchell, who I expect to see presenting Question Time in about 10 years. Even Brooker wasn't great on it. Jimmy Carr just did his usual spiel. And lovely Lauren just looked a bit left out.

mrska

I watched the first one..  it had potential..  but i forgot the 2nd episode was on and haven't picked it up.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on February 17, 2011, 04:45:28 PM
Yep love that Charlie Brooker thing (and pretty well everything else with him in it).

On a tangent, watched the first 10 O'Clock Live thing - and came away thinking pretty lame. Other than David Mitchell, who I expect to see presenting Question Time in about 10 years. Even Brooker wasn't great on it. Jimmy Carr just did his usual spiel. And lovely Lauren just looked a bit left out.

I reckon that the 10 o'clock live thing will be average this series but has a lot of potential - unfortunately I doubt that it will get a second series which is where it would really take off.

ImperialWhite

Agree, I've stuck with it, but I'm disappointed with 10 oClock Live. Can't help thinking that it would be better if they took it a bit more seriously e.g. chuck the dim-witted pantomime audience, and some of the "hilarious" sketches (I'm thinking in particular of the sketch dealing with the Egyptian revolution - a mock ad for cheap holidays in Egypt, ho ho)..

Have been watching 'Outcasts' - fairly enjoyable. Good concept, stunning photography (it was filmed in South Africa and looks amazing) but the characters and dialogue a little bit clunky.

The Doctor

Dammit,  knew there was something I wanted to watch on Monday night!  Yep, "Episodes" is rather slow isn't it?  Taking the long route to explain Tamsin Greig storming out at the start of the series - and of course the aftermath.  Must be said, her invective-laden rant at the end of the second episode didn't imp[ress my housemates  :011:

Am absolutely loving "How TV Ruined Your Life".  Must be said, Brooker does a great line in biting the hand that feeds.  I read a collection of his newspaper writings ("misanthropic scrawlings" as he calls them) last year, and it was every bit as good as his TV stuff.

There's always time for some classic Brooker:

Newswipe with Charlie Brooker - 2010 - Snow!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Doctor on February 17, 2011, 04:54:52 PM
Dammit,  knew there was something I wanted to watch on Monday night!  Yep, "Episodes" is rather slow isn't it?  Taking the long route to explain Tamsin Greig storming out at the start of the series - and of course the aftermath.  Must be said, her invective-laden rant at the end of the second episode didn't imp[ress my housemates  :011:

Am absolutely loving "How TV Ruined Your Life".  Must be said, Brooker does a great line in biting the hand that feeds.  I read a collection of his newspaper writings ("misanthropic scrawlings" as he calls them) last year, and it was every bit as good as his TV stuff.

There's always time for some classic Brooker:

Newswipe with Charlie Brooker - 2010 - Snow!

My favourite Brooker quote recently was 'with all  the charisma of Bhopal'

The Equalizer

Cheers for posting that Doc, first time i've seen it. Very funny!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

mrska

Charlie Brookers wife is abit of alright

BalDrick

Quote from: mr_ska on February 17, 2011, 05:19:43 PM

To coin a word my son has invented, she is delishable. Did she used to do Blue Peter or some crap like that?

So, not only is Brooker very funny, he's got a gorgeous missus. I'm starting to go off the guy...

mrska

Quote from: BalDrick on February 17, 2011, 05:27:19 PM

To coin a word my son has invented, she is delishable. Did she used to do Blue Peter or some crap like that?

So, not only is Brooker very funny, he's got a gorgeous missus. I'm starting to go off the guy...
Yes Blue Peter, X Factor.. last seen Rappin for some ITV2 nonsense.. She luuurvely!

BalDrick

Quote from: mr_ska on February 17, 2011, 05:28:44 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on February 17, 2011, 05:27:19 PM

Yes Blue Peter, X Factor.. last seen Rappin for some ITV2 nonsense.. She luuurvely!

Has to be said, it is a splendid picture.

Blah blah blah Some rubbish about ITV2 just to justify quoting and thus having that inner thigh shot one more time...

MJG

Quote from: ImperialWhite on February 17, 2011, 04:53:49 PM

Agree, I've stuck with it, but I'm disappointed with 10 oClock Live. Can't help thinking that it would be better if they took it a bit more seriously e.g. chuck the dim-witted pantomime audience, and some of the "hilarious" sketches (I'm thinking in particular of the sketch dealing with the Egyptian revolution - a mock ad for cheap holidays in Egypt, ho ho)..

Have been watching 'Outcasts' - fairly enjoyable. Good concept, stunning photography (it was filmed in South Africa and looks amazing) but the characters and dialogue a little bit clunky.

10 O'Clock live is on the wrong day(Thursday). If your someone who is interested in current affairs then why put it on so it clashes with QT & Newsnight.
I have found the programe to be very patchy and its just the kind of show brooker would take the piss out of, and he's the best thing in it.

As for "Outcasts", its so bad its unmissable, and its done so well in the ratings its been moved to sunday nights at 10:30. I very much doubt it will get a 2nd series.

Chopper

I've been disappointed with Episodes. Hasn't really been properly funny just mildly amusing. Last nights episode (the one where Joey tries it on with the woman from Black Books) was the best for sometime.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Lighthouse

Episodes is worth watching for the odd funny moment. Charlie Brooker is always good value. I didn't know Konnie was married to him. Anyway here is a picture of Mrs Brooker in case you don't know who she is.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BalDrick

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 18, 2011, 01:23:00 AM

Episodes is worth watching for the odd funny moment. Charlie Brooker is always good value. I didn't know Konnie was married to him. Anyway here is a picture of Mrs Brooker in case you don't know who she is.

Thanks Lighthouse, just what a chap needs at quarter past 7 in the morning!