https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jesus On His Way Back

Started by White Noise, February 22, 2011, 04:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Intense Competition

Tuesday 22nd February 2011

Following Sunday's FA Cup exit at the hands of Bolton Wanderers, Fulham will return to Barclays Premier League action on Sunday when they travel to Eastlands to challenge Manchester City.

With Bobby Zamora returning to Fulham's First Team last weekend, Manager Mark Hughes has arguably his strongest squad of the season available for Sunday's match and Hughes will be looking for his players to impress in training this week before selecting his starting eleven.

"I'm constantly looking at how the players perform [in training], because I expect us to train how we play, so I'm looking to make sure the intensity is correct and that's reflected in my selections," Hughes told fulhamfc.com.

"It's not just a case of if a player played well two weeks ago they'll play this week. It's about making sure they're right for the game that's ahead of us, and that goes for every position."

Last week Hughes permitted two midfielder players, Bjorn Helge Riise and Kagisho Dikgacoi, to join Sheffield United and Crystal Palace respectively, on loan, for the remainder of the 2010/11 season. One midfield player who will be remaining at Fulham is Jonathan Greening, a player that Hughes stated is very much part of his future plans.

"Jonathan Greening will get game time with us, so I'm not looking to loan Jonathan out," Hughes explained. "I've let two midfield players go out on loan but he is very much in my thoughts. I don't want to spread us too thin and our numbers are correct now.

"He's [Greening] been unlucky just by consequence of the form of Danny Murphy. Jonathan, in his own right, is a very good player and he'll probably get game time between now and the end of the season."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/February/CompetitionForPlaces.aspx#ixzz1EhtHDlPF