watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Gibson-A Murphy Replacement?

Started by zzamora, February 22, 2011, 12:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

He has the range of passing, the legs and the mind that Murphy got...should we sign him?

I'm personally hoping we do....  :048:

TonyGilroy

I don't think there is a Murphy replacement. Not like for like because his type of player is now nearly extinct.

The intelligent playmaker. The Captain and the guy who does everything. Wins tackles, directs play, takes all dead ball kicks. The fulcrum and brain of the team.

Every team had one in the 60s but hardly any do now. He can still play and in Etuhu and Greening we have decent back up. In my opinion not a problem for next season but for the following one we will need to bring in at least one midfielder but he won't do what Murphy does.

Gibson needs to go to a lesser Prem club like us and might succeed but I wouldn't bank on it. He's fulfilling the role at ManU that Greening did 7 or 8 years ago. A decent player no doubt but probably no better than that.

White Noise

Agree that he is a tough midfielder with good vision and a good engine. He has studied at the side of Scholes and looks to be progressing well.

I can never make my mind up whether Ferguson likes him or not. He has played in 13 games this season with 8 of them as starts so he is still not his manager's first choice.

He is 23 now and I guess needs to make the step up ay Man Utd or move on.

Welcome to FoF zzamora. Good to have you on here and hope you enjoy it.  :54:

DukeTyrion

I was hoping we would pick up O'Hara, as I think he has what it takes to be Murphy's replacement.

Sadly he was snapped up by Wolves. Maybe he will become available when they go down  :038:

mike_f

I have watched Gibson loads and he is on par with Greening.

White Noise

Quote from: DukeTyrion on February 22, 2011, 12:58:17 PM
I was hoping we would pick up O'Hara, as I think he has what it takes to be Murphy's replacement.

Sadly he was snapped up by Wolves. Maybe he will become available when they go down  :038:

Agreed. On his day he is a very influential player and with the right handling should be excellent. He has been at Spurs for six years abut has spent most of his time on loan. He is still only 24 though and has said he wants to leave Spurs in the Summer (he is only on loan at Wolves).

I would have thought a move to Fulham would tick a lot of boxes for him.

Couple of interesting recent articles on O'Hara -

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/sport/sports-central/jamie-ohara-would-be-part-of-the-solution-to-irelands-problems-116645949.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/11/jamie-ohara-wolves

zzamora

Thanks White Noise!  :027:

Keep up the good work on the Daily Fulham Stuff, which I read every day  :045:

White Noise

Quote from: zzamora on February 22, 2011, 01:05:29 PM
Thanks White Noise!  :027:

Keep up the good work on the Daily Fulham Stuff, which I read every day  :045:

Cheers fella. Will do.

clint23

Mr Fulham

AlFayedsChequebook

mike_f

Noble would never leave west ham, would he?

Mr Fulham

mike_f

Quote from: Mr Fulham on February 22, 2011, 02:42:56 PM
Quote from: mike_f on February 22, 2011, 02:40:48 PM
Noble would never leave west ham, would he?

if they go down?
I'm pretty ssure I read that he wants to be considered a West Ham legend so I really can't see it.

I think we should sign Darren Pratley as cover, on a free as well.

jarv

Gibson? I asked a mate what he thought of the Crawley game. His answer, Gibson and Bebe found their level.

BalDrick

Scott Parker is the nearest I can think of as an ideal replacement. As for Gibson, seems rather to have dropped down the pecking order.

We've been linked with Carrick quite a lot of late.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town