watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Sale!

Started by zzamora, February 23, 2011, 11:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

Players out: Dikgacoi, Riise,Kelly,Eddie "the eagle" johnson,Diomansy "excuse me while I run away from the ball" kamara, Jesus,Gera, :red:

Maybe-depends on rest of season: Pantsil,Salcdio. :yellow:

Summer must buys:LB,decent back up keeper (after schwarz leaves and stockers becomes No.1), gudjonsen, murphy replacement,
:Sparkyticus:

Agree? 

mike_f

Give Marsh Brown a chance. Apparently doing very well at MK Dons.

White Noise

I agree with you on these -

Riise - we need wingers with pace and he just has shown enough quality or consistency in the time he has been given.

EJ - his contract will end in the Summer anyway and he was subbed again on about 60 minutes last night so I think that, for whatever reason, there is no way back for him at Fulham.

Kamara - runs out in the Summer as well and must surely have been one of those, along with Pantsil, who has been told to prove they deserve a new contract. He has shown brief flashes but has never really fitted in his time with us.

Gera - I think the extra year will be triggered but it will just enable us to get a fee for him when he goes. If Sparky gets the players he wants in the Summer I can't see their being any opportunity for Gera.

Kelly - just doesn't seem to figure at all in Sparky's thinking. I think a new right back in the Summer is inevitable with Baird as back up.

I disagree on Greening and Dikgacoi. I think Greening is the sort of experinced head you need and can play both roles in the centre of midfield and can cover out wide if needed. He is a safe pair of hands and an experienced head on the pitch and in the dressing room. I think KG could develop into a better player than Etuhu and, given his age, I think the club will want to see if they can bring him on. He is probably cheapish on wages and has facets to his game that Etuhu doesn't seem to possess.

I think the rumours about Salcido wanting to go home to Mexico ring true and I don't think that Pantsil will do enough to warrant a new contract unless Sparky isn't able to sign a decent right back in the Summer and wants Pantsil as cover.

6 months left - (11 players)

Diomansy Kamara - 9th July 2011 (4 years)
Eddie Johnson - Summer 2011 (3.5 years)
Eidur Gudjohnsen - Summer 2011 (6 month loan)
Gael Kakuta - Summer 2011 (6 month loan)
John Pantsil - 16th July 2011 (3 years)
Matthew Briggs - Summer 2011 (2 years)
Matthew Saunders - Summer 2011 (1 year)
Neil Etheridge - Summer 2011 (1 year)
Pascal Zuberbühler – Summer 2011 (1 year)
Steve Sidwell - Summer 2011 (6 month loan with option of 3 year contract to Summer 2014)
Zoltan Gera - 11th June 2011 (3 years plus additional 1 year option)

clint23

Players out: Dikgacoi, Riise, Salcido, Gera, EJ.

Keep Pants, Greening (we need an experienced midfielder like him), Kelly and Kamara.

We don't need another keeper, Etheridge is young and can be a very good replacement for Stockdale.

Murphy replacement? Well, we have Sidwell, Etuhu, Greening. Simon Davies and Baird can also play there.

I want to see more youngsters in the first team.

The Equalizer

Have you asked LB if he even wants to play for us?  :wink:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

Goodbye's - Riise, Gera, EJ, Dik, Kamara, Kelly and Pantsil

Keep - Greening (unless we get a great offer), Briggs, Sally, Sidwell

MJG

With regards the RB position does anyone think it might be an idea to convert Simon Davies to that position. He does not exactly beat anyone anymore and with a good RM in front we could see a return to the Finnan/Goldbeck days.

Tktd

I'm confused - since when has Gera gone from being indispensible in our greatest year ever as a club to not being good enough over night!?

Yes Hughes hasn't done much or given him much time but he's still a threat and I guarentee if you kept him on for another year and partnered him with Zamora again you'd change your tune again.

I hope Hughes doesn't get rid of him and tbh I'd quite like to see Kamara stay too as he's a player who's done exceptionally well when we've been in times of pure dsperation and has all the raw qualities needed to succeed.

Not only do these two have ability but they also add different dimensions to our play - Gera came on against Chelsea and was a breath of fresh air and I genuinely think that Dempsey , AJ and Moussa are too many like minded players to be fielded on the same pitch at any one time - against bolton they constantly just kept getting in each others way.

Gera seems more direct, faster and has that clinical touch we know he has and that the others don't seem to hve enough of.

I would honestly drop AJ and consider dropping one of Moussa or Dempsey to accomodate Zamora and Gera.

Moussa, Zamora an Gera with Davies and Duff on the wings would probably be our best attacking line up in my opinion.

MJG

Gera would be in my team no questions asked, but its been clear from pre-season that Hughes is just not that keen on him. Early on it was him or Dempsey in the team, and now when he plays its just on the wing(not his best position at all).

I would keep him, but I suspect we will get the extended contract signed before the season ends because fulham want to get some money for him in the summer.

clint23

Quote from: Tktd on February 23, 2011, 01:33:51 PM

I'm confused - since when has Gera gone from being indispensible in our greatest year ever as a club to not being good enough over night!?

Yes Hughes hasn't done much or given him much time but he's still a threat and I guarentee if you kept him on for another year and partnered him with Zamora again you'd change your tune again.

I hope Hughes doesn't get rid of him and tbh I'd quite like to see Kamara stay too as he's a player who's done exceptionally well when we've been in times of pure dsperation and has all the raw qualities needed to succeed.

Not only do these two have ability but they also add different dimensions to our play - Gera came on against Chelsea and was a breath of fresh air and I genuinely think that Dempsey , AJ and Moussa are too many like minded players to be fielded on the same pitch at any one time - against bolton they constantly just kept getting in each others way.

Gera seems more direct, faster and has that clinical touch we know he has and that the others don't seem to hve enough of.

I would honestly drop AJ and consider dropping one of Moussa or Dempsey to accomodate Zamora and Gera.

Moussa, Zamora an Gera with Davies and Duff on the wings would probably be our best attacking line up in my opinion.

Gera was one of our best in the past, but this season he did nothing. And when Hughes played him, he was poor. Gera is one of my fav. players, but with so many attacking options, I don't think we need him anymore.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: White Noise on February 23, 2011, 12:02:17 PM

Riise - we need wingers with pace and he just has shown enough quality or consistency in the time he has been given.

EJ - his contract will end in the Summer anyway and he was subbed again on about 60 minutes last night so I think that, for whatever reason, there is no way back for him at Fulham.

Kamara - runs out in the Summer as well and must surely have been one of those, along with Pantsil, who has been told to prove they deserve a new contract. He has shown brief flashes but has never really fitted in his time with us.

Gera - I think the extra year will be triggered but it will just enable us to get a fee for him when he goes. If Sparky gets the players he wants in the Summer I can't see their being any opportunity for Gera.

Kelly - just doesn't seem to figure at all in Sparky's thinking. I think a new right back in the Summer is inevitable with Baird as back up.

I disagree on Greening and Dikgacoi. I think Greening is the sort of experinced head you need and can play both roles in the centre of midfield and can cover out wide if needed. He is a safe pair of hands and an experienced head on the pitch and in the dressing room. I think KG could develop into a better player than Etuhu and, given his age, I think the club will want to see if they can bring him on. He is probably cheapish on wages and has facets to his game that Etuhu doesn't seem to possess.

I think the rumours about Salcido wanting to go home to Mexico ring true and I don't think that Pantsil will do enough to warrant a new contract unless Sparky isn't able to sign a decent right back in the Summer and wants Pantsil as cover.

+1

Am I alone in thinking there's an opportunity for us to extend Kakuta's loan for another season? With the players Chelsea have, he's not going to have many opportunities to play. Sparky, with a thinner roster of players, can provide more and better opportunities for him to develop. I wouldn't be disappointed if he stayed.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 23, 2011, 02:19:25 PM

+1

Am I alone in thinking there's an opportunity for us to extend Kakuta's loan for another season? With the players Chelsea have, he's not going to have many opportunities to play. Sparky, with a thinner roster of players, can provide more and better opportunities for him to develop. I wouldn't be disappointed if he stayed.
lets see what he offers over the last few games and then have a look. I have seen too many world class players play their first 10 minutes in a Fulham shirt and get excited only to realise they are cack.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2011, 02:24:18 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 23, 2011, 02:19:25 PM

+1

lets see what he offers over the last few games and then have a look. I have seen too many world class players play their first 10 minutes in a Fulham shirt and get excited only to realise they are cack.

Agreed that the risk is there, but I don't believe Hughes would've loaned him in in the first place, considering our league position and needs, if he weren't fairly certain what he was getting.

To my eye, in the admittedly little viewing time, he provides something that we don't otherwise have up top. Just a different looking player to our norm.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Tktd on February 23, 2011, 01:33:51 PM

Gera, aged 31, is out of contract at the end of the season. We now have Dembele (better player) in his position - why not let him go to a team where he can play rather than warm the bench for us.

Kamara - Will be good to see the back of him. Yes he scored a few goals, but he is one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched. He is also 30 odd and with our new strike force has not been seen on the bench in weeks..

Mr Fulham

6 months left - (11 players)

Diomansy Kamara - 9th July 2011 (4 years)
Eddie Johnson - Summer 2011 (3.5 years)
Eidur Gudjohnsen - Summer 2011 (6 month loan)
Gael Kakuta - Summer 2011 (6 month loan)
John Pantsil - 16th July 2011 (3 years)
Matthew Briggs - Summer 2011 (2 years)
Matthew Saunders - Summer 2011 (1 year)
Neil Etheridge - Summer 2011 (1 year)
Pascal Zuberbühler – Summer 2011 (1 year)
Steve Sidwell - Summer 2011 (6 month loan with option of 3 year contract to Summer 2014)
Zoltan Gera - 11th June 2011 (3 years plus additional 1 year option)

Kam - off
EJ - off
Gudjohnsen - one year deal --> 2012
Kakuta - off or new one year loan
Pantsil - still not sure what Hughes plans with Johnny P - off
Briggs - new long term deal, hopefully until 2015/16
Saunders - off
Etheridge - new deal, 2012/13 somewhat
Zuberbuhler - gk coach - off
Sidwell - --> 2014
Gera - option until 2012 --> will be sold in summer

I also think that Salcido, Riise and Dikgacoi (Maybe even Halliche) will be off in summer.

I hope that Sparky will bring in a few young faces in summer, for defence, midfield and our forward line. I'd love to see some Dembele-like-moves. Or young english players from the Championship!

We also need new deals for the following players:
Dempsey --> 2015
Dembele --> 2015
Stockdale --> 2015
Hangeland --> 2014

...to fend off rival interest.

BalDrick

'Goodbye's - Riise, Gera, EJ, Dik, Kamara, Kelly and Pantsil'

Substitute Etuhu for Dik and I agree with you. No idea what the contract situation is with Etuhu but barring a disastrous drop of form, that place is Sid's for the rest of the season. Come the summer the Saffer will have played a dozen or so games - form permitting - and people will have an idea whether he's worth persevering with. Which leaves Greening and Etuhu as back-up. Sparky has spoken highly of the former recently.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BalDrick on February 23, 2011, 05:26:15 PM
'Goodbye's - Riise, Gera, EJ, Dik, Kamara, Kelly and Pantsil'

Substitute Etuhu for Dik and I agree with you. No idea what the contract situation is with Etuhu but barring a disastrous drop of form, that place is Sid's for the rest of the season. Come the summer the Saffer will have played a dozen or so games - form permitting - and people will have an idea whether he's worth persevering with. Which leaves Greening and Etuhu as back-up. Sparky has spoken highly of the former recently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8977605.stm

White Noise

Yes Etuhu is signed to Summer 2014.

Sparky also said recently he would like to give AJ a new contract. His current one runs out in Summer 2012.

Here is the contract expiry date thread -

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=9025.0