watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OH LORD-THIS IS GHASTLY.

Started by zzamora, February 24, 2011, 08:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I've seen this before, i think it's an advert or a wind up, not genuine Fulham i think (hope i'm wrong).

zzamora

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 25, 2011, 06:18:12 PM
I've seen this before, i think it's an advert or a wind up, not genuine Fulham i think (hope i'm wrong).

Sadly,your wrong.Its a real group of USA-based fans who nicked the clint dempsey chant

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: zzamora on February 25, 2011, 09:03:30 PM

Sadly,your wrong.Its a real group of USA-based fulham fans.
In that case why are you trying to mug them off? Ok it's terrible, but at least they are having a go. Great idea, we're a small club desparate for fans, we are now getting them from all over the World, and a bunch of Yanks have a go (badly) at having a sing song, and you slag them off, they get pissed off lose interest and we lose supporters (no big deal ?) but then you think football is growing over there, them few Fulham could convert a lot more fans, Fulham sell a few more shirts, the odd ticket if they fly over, but no, you go ahead and slag them off.

zzamora

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 25, 2011, 09:18:47 PM

In that case why are you trying to mug them off? Ok it's terrible, but at least they are having a go. Great idea, we're a small club desparate for fans, we are now getting them from all over the World, and a bunch of Yanks have a go (badly) at having a sing song, and you slag them off, they get pissed off lose interest and we lose supporters (no big deal ?) but then you think football is growing over there, them few Fulham could convert a lot more fans, Fulham sell a few more shirts, the odd ticket if they fly over, but no, you go ahead and slag them off.

keep your hat on! its so appallingly badly done and americanized its not true. They dont even support fulham! They just couldn't think of a song themselves...

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I am sorry but that it bad beyond redemption, whether they are genuine or not - they want locking up and feeding grits...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: zzamora on February 25, 2011, 09:51:32 PM

keep your hat on! its so appallingly badly done and americanized its not true. They dont even support fulham! They just couldn't think of a song themselves...

Monty Python And The Holy Grail- The Black Knight

finnster01

Apart from the bit, I have to agree with Mr Freddy.

There was a time we played such wonderful teams the likes of Torquay away which was a very good day out in Devon except for football, but there sure as hell were no fans from all four corners of the planet earth there. Fulham FC has come a long way and we have now fans all over the place. We should be very proud of that. Here in New York I don't even get that surprised anymore to see a Fulham fan or some Fulham paraphernalia. Ask me 15 years ago if I would ever believe that, and I say you would be mad.

However, I do think the rendition leaves a lot to be desired and they need to take lessons from Mr HatterDon. Which is why I only gave it a yellow, not a red. Practice makes perfect, and a trip to the Cottage would help for those lads.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

zzamora

Quote from: finnster01 on February 25, 2011, 10:13:52 PM

There was a time we played such wonderful teams the likes of Torquay away which was a very good day out in Devon except for football, but there sure as well were no fans from all four corners of the planet earth there. Fulham FC has come a long way and we have now fans all over the place. We should be very proud of that. Here in New York I don't even get that surprised anymore to see a Fulham fan or some Fulham paraphernalia. Ask me 15 years ago if I would ever believe that, and I say you would be mad.

However, I do think the rendition leaves a lot to be desired and they need to take lessons from Mr HatterDon. Which is why I only gave it a yellow, not a red. Practice makes perfect, and a trip to the Cottage would help for those lads.

:doh: THEY DONT SUPPORT FULHAM.THEY "BORROWED" THE DEMPSEY CHANT,SLOWED IT DOWN AND ADDED USA SO THEY COULD SING IT AT USA MATCHES. THEY HAVE NO CONNECTIONS WITH FULHAM FOOTBALL CLUB!

finnster01

Maybe they will become Fulham? Couldn't harm, could it?

Look at how many jumped on the McGod bandwagon
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: zzamora on February 25, 2011, 10:17:22 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on February 25, 2011, 10:13:52 PM

There was a time we played such wonderful teams the likes of Torquay away which was a very good day out in Devon except for football, but there sure as well were no fans from all four corners of the planet earth there. Fulham FC has come a long way and we have now fans all over the place. We should be very proud of that. Here in New York I don't even get that surprised anymore to see a Fulham fan or some Fulham paraphernalia. Ask me 15 years ago if I would ever believe that, and I say you would be mad.

:doh: THEY DONT SUPPORT FULHAM.THEY "BORROWED" THE DEMPSEY CHANT,SLOWED IT DOWN AND ADDED USA SO THEY COULD SING IT AT USA MATCHES. THEY HAVE NO CONNECTIONS WITH FULHAM FOOTBALL CLUB!

Monty Python Holy Grail The tale of Sir Robin

FatFreddysCat

but above you just said sadly you're wrong they are a real group of USA based Fulham fans. Make your mind up.

zzamora

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 25, 2011, 10:27:22 PM

but above you just said sadly you're wrong they are a real group of USA based Fulham fans. Make your mind up.

We all make a few mistakes

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: zzamora on February 25, 2011, 10:28:33 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 25, 2011, 10:27:22 PM

We all make a few mistakes
I just made a mistake trying to post my hatrick of Monty Python clips,but yours was sloppy.come back when you 're worthy oh so easily defeated one.In the meantime face these mad mothers. Monty Python-The knights who say Ni!!

FatFreddysCat

Ok i'll grant you it was a crap rendition, but surely the fact that we can muster that many Septics in one pub in America is unbelievable. Fat Freddy hands across the ocean and all that.

CincyFulham1

I have just read through the thread and I'm not about to touch that link with a 10ft mouse.  I fear what may resonate from my speakers.

Jimbobob

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 25, 2011, 11:31:39 PM
Ok i'll grant you it was a crap rendition, but surely the fact that we can muster that many Septics in one pub in America is unbelievable. Fat Freddy hands across the ocean and all that.

:54: :54: :54: :54: :54: :54: :54: :54:
A true Fulham Maestro!!!!!...your comments have been priceless...
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

zzamora

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on February 26, 2011, 03:35:24 AM
I have just read through the thread and I'm not about to touch that link with a 10ft mouse.  I fear what may resonate from my speakers.

Good choice.

manxman

It is making me cringe to watch it! But to be fair at least their having a go.  Nice to see we have a decent lot up in the US of A giving it beans.  :clap_hands:
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

White Noise

I'm with FatFreddysCat and Manxman on this one.

There are lots of embarrassing things at Craven Cottage - all our songs about Chelsea and the proportion of them that are sung not the least of it - but you have to encourage people not hammer them for their efforts.

I'm pleased we have fans abroad who want to feel that involved and have camaraderie with fellow Fulham fans. There is other footage that is equivalent in strength to this and stronger but there has to come a point when we stop hammering the yanks, stop seeing them as yanks and just see them as Fulham fans. 

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: zzamora on February 26, 2011, 05:23:47 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on February 26, 2011, 03:35:24 AM

Good choice.
19 posts now, so roughly your 12th post on here was to slag off the Yanks and cause a bit of grief. Go back to Cottage Corner.