https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sour Grapes and Disrespect from Shakhtar Donetsk manager after loss to Fulham

Started by Fulham Pats Fan, February 19, 2010, 08:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Mr FPF,

Firstly, welcome to the MB.

I have to agree with you, on first sight, and with little else to go on, his comments were less than generous to a side that had just beaten them, though I would say that, especially in the first half (from what I saw on an 80% feed) Shakhtar should have sewn the game up and gone in at least 2-1 up, but we did hold out.
In the 2nd half we seemed to have more urgency about our game - and a little more physical to boot - and showed Shakhtar we would not be bullied, especially at the Cottage. It was significant though that for the last 15 minutes we were under sustained attack again, and a couple of time Mark pulled us through.

As for arrogance, having listened to Jose for the best part of 4 years, and Fergie for a damn sight longer, the Shakhtar coach sounds quite complimentary. As mentioned above, translation is everything, even more so when quoting from their own website, so with a massive dose of salt, I would wait until we get another 2-1 scoreline next week and see what he has to say about it then.

Fulham Pats Fan

Dear Logicalman,
Thank you for the welcome.

What I have found interesting about this entry I wrote is the feedback I have received. As I mentioned prior I guess I am used to more humility from a team I also follow the New England Patriots. Coach Belichick would never say " this is a game we shouldn't have lost." He would blame himself and the coaching staff. He would then talk about what is needed moving forward so in the next game they can correct the problems.

I think it was HatterDon that said "sour grapes is my perspective on this." He is right. It is my opinion. Another member mentioned that not many managers are as humble as Roy. Again I see that as well. So my perspective is from 2 managers of the teams that I follow that are both humble.

I can see how other people have differing opinions on his comments than I do. That is great.

I am not changing my opinion on the Shakhtar Manager's comments. I will say I respect that there are other ways to perceive the comments and I respect that.

Quote from: Logicalman on February 20, 2010, 11:39:46 AM
Mr FPF,

Firstly, welcome to the MB.

I have to agree with you, on first sight, and with little else to go on, his comments were less than generous to a side that had just beaten them, though I would say that, especially in the first half (from what I saw on an 80% feed) Shakhtar should have sewn the game up and gone in at least 2-1 up, but we did hold out.
In the 2nd half we seemed to have more urgency about our game - and a little more physical to boot - and showed Shakhtar we would not be bullied, especially at the Cottage. It was significant though that for the last 15 minutes we were under sustained attack again, and a couple of time Mark pulled us through.

As for arrogance, having listened to Jose for the best part of 4 years, and Fergie for a damn sight longer, the Shakhtar coach sounds quite complimentary. As mentioned above, translation is everything, even more so when quoting from their own website, so with a massive dose of salt, I would wait until we get another 2-1 scoreline next week and see what he has to say about it then.

Serotonin

Doesn't come across too bad to me. In fairness there was a spell in the first half where they were well on top...